Carrie Hope Fletcher #43 Relationship moving faster than this thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do you think she will have a prenup in place? She's already lost her sanity, god knows her money and assets are soon to follow.
I sincerely hope so. The most distasteful thing about Joel imo is how quick he’s been to rub his hands together and try to capitalise off of Carrie’s name. Begging for freebies, using her name for promo codes, not forgetting t-shirt gate! He can hardly contain the £ signs flashing in front of his eyes.

One thing about Carrie that I don’t get is why she’s so overly generous with the men in her life. She’s always so quick to move them into her home and boost their online platforms. But we never see her benefit from them, only ever the other way around. It’s like she feels the need to buy their affections or something.

Money isn’t everything and I don’t mean to sound shallow, but (financially speaking) she always seems to date down. I dunno if it’s cus the men in her tax bracket wouldn’t want to put up with her or if she simply enjoys having that upper hand…

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I sincerely hope so. The most distasteful thing about Joel imo is how quick he’s been to rub his hands together and try to capitalise off of Carrie’s name. Begging for freebies, using her name for promo codes, not forgetting t-shirt gate! He can hardly contain the £ signs flashing in front of his eyes.

One thing about Carrie that I don’t get is why she’s so overly generous with the men in her life. She’s always so quick to move them into her home and boost their online platforms. But we never see her benefit from them, only ever the other way around. It’s like she feels the need to buy their affections or something.

Money isn’t everything and I don’t mean to sound shallow, but (financially speaking) she always seems to date down. I dunno if it’s cus the men in her tax bracket wouldn’t want to put up with her or if she simply enjoys having that upper hand…
I’ve always had the impression from her behaviour that she likes being superior to her partner. They move into HER house and she spoils them. There’s probably some weird mothering going on as well. I imagine she’s lovebombing them too but with accommodation, dinners and baked goods. And then when they do something she doesn’t like, she lords it over them that she’s graciously invited them into HER house and how dare they behave like this.

• Sick
Reactions: 31
I’ve always had the impression from her behaviour that she likes being superior to her partner. They move into HER house and she spoils them. There’s probably some weird mothering going on as well. I imagine she’s lovebombing them too but with accommodation, dinners and baked goods. And then when they do something she doesn’t like, she lords it over them that she’s graciously invited them into HER house and how dare they behave like this.
I think you've hit the nail on the head here! Superiority + need to be a maternal figure, and lovebombing that shows differently in her than J - she knows exactly what she's doing...

Reactions: 16
Glinda and Boq
I’m a knob, obviously she’s engaged to Fiyero… apologies for the rookie error 🤦‍♀️

As we were discussing prenups I had a little Google. When I got married I was told they weren’t worth the paper they were written on (in UK law) but that seems to no longer be the case. It would make a lot of sense for Carrie to pursue one: she has two properties and the businesses so even if they aren’t worth tons, it’s sensible to protect herself…Carrie if you’re reading, please at least talk to your financial advisor about it.

If anyone else is interested:
https://www.equifax.co.uk/resources/money-management/prenups-and-divorce.html

Reactions: 6
Monday morning here in Australia -
Work emails are being left unread
Marked as busy on teams.
IT'S TATTLE TIME.

mulan-li-shang.gif

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 80

Not-so-fun fact: pre-nups are not automatically legally binding in the UK. There's a lot of rules that need to followed for them to be upheld in court and even then they can still be contested for a variety of reasons (and kids especially can causes issues if that wasn't factored in).
So if they do divorce even with a prenup, she still runs the risk of Joel being entitled to half of everything (or even more if there's a considerable difference in their incomes as equal division of assets doesn't necessarily mean the same) 🤷

Personally I doubt Carrie would get one because it's just not romantic. Like if you love someone, why would you ever want to protect yourself? 😍 He's The One™ so what's mine is his and- hey, wait, what do you mean I have to sell my house...? 🤯 But I bought it all by myself so why do I need to buy him out for half of it? 🥺🥺🥺

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I think that's why they've made this couple account. Been told to tidy up their personal ones so the cringe is harder to find...
And also to beg for wedding freebies.
Only 11k followers though.
Wonder when they’ll buy more? 🤔

edit: actually i’ll add the duke (or even zidler) from moulin rouge to my list for joel. he can do creepy, heck he’d be playing himself.
Broadway and West end have gone sexy for the Duke.
it’s Zidler or nothing in that one

If we are paralleling Brightman, I saw David Fynn in SOH and he is amazing too
loved him in SOR would be great in BJ

View attachment 1727920

There were multiple pumpkins 😭
To remind her always of her original pumpkin Oliver 🤷🏼‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Here’s a thought for you Carrie, if you want to keep the story of the proposal “just yours” then how about you just never tell us? Keep it completely private and prove there’s at least one part of your life and relationship we don’t see. Bet you can’t.
"I don't like a lot of eyes on me"
Also Carrie ⬇
Screenshot_20221113-235703.png

• Haha
Reactions: 55
that Q&A just cemented that they deserve each other. Clowns (derogatory).

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Scott helped?? 😬
I'm confused by Carrie's response. Does she mean that she met the jeweller after she had received the ring and saw the plans/moulds?

Is it normal to go to the jewellers after a proposal and the ring has been received (apart from a resizing maybe)? Or is this Joel trying to show her' how much effort' he put into it

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Anyone else on the thread of Mario McKnight who likes to brag that everything he owns is "bespoke and boujee?" That's what Joel sounds like re the ring

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Ohmygod SO many comments on the Q&A, here we go!!
• Carrie seemed horrified at the idea of a full-on Disney themed wedding so why in the duck are they following so many Disney accounts including Disney Weddings??? You can’t seriously both just be that obsessed with Disney
• Her blatant lying about not caring about ‘finding the one’ before you’re 30 then WHY did Joel propose the DAY BEFORE Carrie’s 30th!? Even waiting a month would have disproved this (and still been insane). But the fact that he chose to do it when he did just goes to show how obsessively she must have talked about having those expectations even if she’s insisting it doesn’t matter to her. If it doesn’t matter then why not wait for at least a year of dating you weirdos
• It’s bizarre that she’s now emphasising that they weren’t super close before this year—probably in response to Tattle pointing out how she’s rewriting their history, but this is just making this entire thing look unhinged to the world
• Multiple pumpkins??? If they had one with the engagement date on then why on earth does their first date one have ‘The Montagues’ on it?? They weren’t the Montagues?? Also the fact that this is going to be a thing and they’re going to supposedly have a whole collection with significant dates is such an odd choice given that ‘pumpkin’ was her and Oliver’s whole thing
• ‘we were mates but it’s not like we texted everyday’ yeah because there’s no way they had each other’s numbers otherwise how would Carrie have ‘slid into Joel’s DMs’—they weren’t mates, they literally just knew the other existed
• What on earth is the significance of having the band be curved?? Why did Joel even care to make the band ‘unique’ I have never heard of this
• Carrie choosing Wall-e and Eve… An obsessive trash robot who’s basically ‘Weekend at Bernie’s’-ing an unconscious robot and forcing her into romantic situations she is completely unaware of
• Joel choosing Ralph and Vanellope… A non-romantic couple!? A man and a CHILD!? What on earth is he trying to say here, WHAT
• Carrie misspelling Joel’s name
• A random picture of Carrie solo on their first date 😂
• They’re going for non-traditional wedding things apparently, God knows what on earth that could possibly mean. Halloween themed?? Non-white dress?? I bet it won’t be non-traditional in the slightest, Carrie just likes to assert that she’s not like other girls
• Carrie doesn’t like a lot of eyes on her, sorry what, are you not an actress in the west end who is embarking on a solo concert tour all about literally just yourself next year!?

And so many other things 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 66
I'm confused by Carrie's response. Does she mean that she met the jeweller after she had received the ring and saw the plans/moulds?

Is it normal to go to the jewellers after a proposal and the ring has been received (apart from a resizing maybe)? Or is this Joel trying to show her' how much effort' he put into it
This makes me think even more that what I said yesterday could be true. Carrie hasnt had her ring on in recent posts from panto, just a band, would make sense if she met the jewellers going to have it resized and that's why she hasn't got it on.

She's also cropped her left fingers out in the recent photo, which is strange given how many ring pictures we've seen since it came out. I reckon Joel got the ring size very wrong, and that's what the safety ring was for.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Here’s a thought for you Carrie, if you want to keep the story of the proposal “just yours” then how about you just never tell us? Keep it completely private and prove there’s at least one part of your life and relationship we don’t see. Bet you can’t.
"I don't like a lot of eyes on me" lol sure...

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Sorry but the Daily Mail explanation is really unsatisfactory. But HOW did the Daily Mail know? Yes they were obvious with the balloon, but I don't think the Daily Mail would go and post a whole article because of a balloon

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.