Carrie Hope Fletcher #40 Engaged already, what a sham. Have a word #FletcherFam!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Miserable Marriage sounds like a book from A Series of Unfortunate Events (which could also be the title of Carrie's biography).
The last year and a half for her has certainly been worthy of A Series of Unfortunate Events ...

The Bad Boss
The Woeful Wig
The crappy Show
The Rubbish Reviews
The Broadway Brush-Off
The Brutal Breakup
The Early End
The Rushed Romance
The Collapsing Career
The Creepy Chump
The Egregious Engagement
The Miserable Marriage?

• Haha
Reactions: 38
The radio silence.....maybe they have run off to get married today. At this point it wouldn't surprise me 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Question - i can’t see Carries instagram on my mums account which i have on my phone because she can barely work it. does that happen automatically or has she blocked my mum who doesn’t even know who she is 😂

The last year and a half for her has certainly been worthy of A Series of Unfortunate Events ...

The Bad Boss
The Woeful Wig
The crappy Show
The Rubbish Reviews
The Broadway Brush-Off
The Brutal Breakup
The Early End
The Rushed Romance
The Collapsing Career
The Creepy Chump
The Egregious Engagement
The Miserable Marriage?
I forgot about the Smiffys wig 💀💀😂🤣

Reactions: 1
Question - i can’t see Carries instagram on my mums account which i have on my phone because she can barely work it. does that happen automatically or has she blocked my mum who doesn’t even know who she is 😂
There's an option on instagram when blocking people, to block other accounts they're signed into at the same time. It uses the IP address (this lie that influencers spread explained here) . Which is why it's blocked your mum's account. And it's also why it blocked someone else's work account.

Reactions: 2
Thanks for letting us know. ❤ The one thing I can’t understand, though: if this is indeed the general consensus, why is everybody acting – Scott? Celinde? – as if all of this is just fine and perfectly normal?
If they speak up then they run the risk of being cut out of her life completely. If they stay quiet and hang on in there then they can at least be around to pick up the pieces when it all goes to hell. It's Controlling Partner 101 to isolate you from your support network, sometimes the best you can manage is just to be there.

Reactions: 11
Sorry but can we just circle back to Stage 5 clinger because that is HYSTERICAL

• Haha
Reactions: 54
She just won't listen.

But if she wants to be stubborn and live in denial then that's fine.

Their relationship will run its course sooner or later

Reactions: 7
A public proposal, choreographed and directed by Joel, in a theatre with invited audience, and with a professional photographer present to capture the moment - it was impossible for her to say no, or I love you but not yet, or anything other than yes. I feel really sad for her. If she could be brave enough to walk away, there would be 100% support from this page, I have no doubt.
Catching up- 100% agree with this. Heck- I’d even treat her to the harem pants for her tour round Asia to find herself!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I don't even know why her friends are even there any more. She only has time for them in between men and as soon as she's taken again, she ditches them.

They can't even suggest to her that her new fiance might not have her best interests at fear, for fear she'll kick off or dump them. But are expected no doubt, to be there when it implodes to pick up the pieces. Or provide a bolt hole a la Scott.

Reactions: 16
love this, but I'm a bit fed up with Carrie at this point . I feel less sympathetic towards her eventual despair..and am not sure whether she deserves the general concern here. I prefer looking at Oliver and his arguably more balanced and attractive relationship.

Attachments

• Sad
Reactions: 23
If they speak up then they run the risk of being cut out of her life completely. If they stay quiet and hang on in there then they can at least be around to pick up the pieces when it all goes to hell. It's Controlling Partner 101 to isolate you from your support network, sometimes the best you can manage is just to be there.
Can attest to this myself, having had a controlling partner way back when at uni. I feel sad that Carrie is going through it now, because I wouldn’t wish it on anyone. But I also get it - when you’re in the middle of it, everyone else is wrong and only you and your partner are right. Talking to the friends and family I isolated, after it all ended, was so eye opening for me. I thought I was good with people and relationships and all that until I was a few years clear of that relationship and realised just how damaging it had been. While Carrie is making it hard to sympathise with her, I see her comment “choose kindness” and it reminds me of all the times I said “why can’t you just be happy for me…just because you’re in a tit relationship doesn’t mean mine is…” etc.
Can only hope that 5 years from now, she’s not engaged or married to him, and has enough retrospection (and counselling) to realise she is better off without him.

Reactions: 6
The thing is, she clearly did go quiet because of the speculation/everyone talking about it. But if she GENUINELY cared for Joel and they had this amazing relationship no one else understood, she’d be defending him much harder than a stupid “choose kindness” comment. I’d be so much more upset about people saying things about my fiancé than I would if they were mean about me and I’d defend him until I’m blue in the face.

She’s making people assume it’s worse than it is by staying quiet on the matter IMO.

Reactions: 20
The radio silence.....maybe they have run off to get married today. At this point it wouldn't surprise me 😆
I have my own little theory now, especially after the kindness comment - Joel is a little excited puppy dog, it's his first real relationship and he has no idea wtf he is doing, he's gone way OTT, at first Carrie liked it, she liked the extra attention she was getting from him and tattle then it just kept on getting worse and he peaked when she went to Disney. She has come back, is completely embarrassed and has told him he needs to calm it down that he's acting in an horrendous manor, which is why we have pretty much radio silence, maybe he isn't as bad as hes made himself look and he's just a love sick puppy dog and that's why Carrie's defending him? At this point I have no idea what can be going on though, no one will but the pair of them.

Reactions: 14
"Choose kindness" is the new "thank you for your feedback" and it's passive aggressive as heck.

She's officially lost my concern. I'm just going to sit here watching the car crash happen and not feel a shred of sympathy towards her. It takes a lot for someone who dislikes Carrie as much as I do, that I even felt concern for her wellbeing in the first place. I wouldn't wish a controlling manipulative partner on anyone. But the way she's responded to suggestions of concern from well meaning people is just... I'm done.

Reactions: 46
On a side note: if you are reading this Carrie. Yes, Oliver's connection with his girlfriend seems significantly more genuine than the one you hectically "established" with Joella the dough ball. They appear more pleasant and sane.. and you look pathetic in comparison. Herzlichen Glückwunsch 🙂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.