Carrie Hope Fletcher #37 90 Day Fiancé - The Musical

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is not even the first time they were apart 😭😭😭
She had already went to WDW without him before 😭😭😭
He is just a codependent walking 🚩
Didn't he also have a really strange negative attitude about her being gone with her family then too? This man is a walking red flag.

Reactions: 27
Right I've finally caught up. Done zero work today as I've been addicted 😂

What a shitshow this engagement is.

And the Joelmas nightmare...WTAF. He is such a simp. Aside from anything else, does he not care what her family must think watching these pathetic videos? I would be so embarrassed

Even if we give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he isn't controlling/abusive, what a total ball and chain he must be! Carrie can't go away for even a day without him welling up? FFS man go to the pub, go to the theatre, spend time with friends, binge watch netflix etc. You live in London ffs so the list of opportunities you have is endless.

My other half goes away regularly for work and I love having some space 😂 we might text each other once or twice but that's it. We're grown ups.

He's a soaking wet rag.
10 more days to go... 😱

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I'm wondering, would Joel miss her just as much if he was in Disney without her? Or really he just throwing his Lego out of the pram because he isn't at Disney?!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
God I can't stop thinking about those comments from Joel. Those are the things of things that you *can't* inherently know about someone until you've been with them for a length of time, as they don't typically find a way to present themselves outright. This is the kind of thing people are talking about when they say they're moving too fast, there's things you just CAN'T know about someone while you're simply enjoying the honeymoon phase.

It's not exactly like you can turn to your partner and ask "hey, do you have any internalized misogyny? How do you feel about people coming forward about SA?" but those responses from him...especially the level of anger you can feel emanating from his responses just scream red flag. That coupled with how guilty he's trying to make Carrie feel for being on holiday right now and complaining that he doesn't do well without her...YEESH.
On Hinge dates I always try to employ a "red herring" statement to toss out and see how it's perceived, nothing hard core but like... casually bringing up Elon Musk, Johnny Depp or what podcasts they like usually filters out well. And that's on a FIRST date - I'd be drilling down deep on soft internalised misogyny before we even looked at a long term commitment like marriage!

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I feel really bad for Scott. He’s obviously been there and picked up the pieces and been a great friend to her, and this long awaited holiday has been totally overshadowed. I hope she hasn’t just spent all the time on her phone and has at least lived in the moment a bit with him

Reactions: 43
If this guy reposts 100 posts a day on instagram you can bet he’s spamming Carrie’s phone with messages too. He strikes me as the kind to expect the partner to check in by message every hour or else you get spammed. The guilt tripping is awful too - she’s planned going on holiday with Scott for years, and he’s been there for her at her low points. For joel to keep publicly guilting her like this, is evil. She needs to see the red flags before she says I Do. This is not as a Haterrrrrrr, just a concerned woman for another woman. This guy is red flag central.

Reactions: 40
Joel is clearly trying to manipulate her into isolating herself from her friends/family and devote all of her time to him. He's doing the #12DaysofJoel to manipulate his followers to harass her into doing the same. He's trying to guilt her and make her feel crazy for wanting to spend time with her friends and family. That's a tell-tale sign of a narcissist.

Remember, he knew about both trips well beforehand. They weren't last minute or out of the blue. He's just mad that he wasn't Carrie's +1 for the July trip and he's mad that Scott got that spot this time around. It's pathetic. These trips were planned MONTHS before they were even a couple, so he has absolutely no right to be upset he wasn't invited.

Reactions: 33
Joel (man child, fan of Lego 4+) has added almost 5k Instagram followers since the ever so surprise and entirely sensible and not at all rash and red flaggy engagement was announced - sorry “leaked” 🥴. The boy is a clout chaser alongside every other damaging thing he is.

Reactions: 20
I feel really bad for Scott. He’s obviously been there and picked up the pieces and been a great friend to her, and this long awaited holiday has been totally overshadowed. I hope she hasn’t just spent all the time on her phone and has at least lived in the moment a bit with him
I have a feeling she must be on her phone all the time.... (also I'm here in Disney World too) and thankfully I've been avoiding the parks she's at. Thanks for constantly updating us so I know where not to go! I used to be a cast member here and I died of cringe in her smug announcement insta story yday saying she's at Pixar Place.... no..... Pixar Place is in Disneyland in Cali, you are in Toy Story Land at Hollywood Studios. Totally wouldn't have been bothered about that if she wasn't so smug all the time.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Exactly. Scott has been there for her ever since Chitty. They're finally getting their moment in Disney, and Joel has to ruin it and make it about how she left HIM, and how HE is alone for all this time.

Carrie should be able to have a nice time with friends and family without worrying about how Joel is coping without her.

Reactions: 25
Hey everyone,

TW: This post talks about SA and similar topics.

With this whole engagement, this post may get lost in the masses but I came across this forum a while back and considered posting this and now I feel more than ever it's time to.

A while ago Joel posted about his favourite footballer being Ronaldo and I messaged him to explain why I didn't think he was the best role model or potentially why people might find that quite problematic. Regardless of my experience with SA, seeing the footballers face made me pretty uncomfortable and disappointed Joel calling him is favourite. I want to share with you the response I received. I have never EVER been spoken to in such a condescending and rude tone in my life. I was absolutely astounded by the way my kind and consecrate message was turned into an attack. It is evident to me that Joel has no respect for women and hurting people's feelings. I decided to email his agency with the proof of the disgusting was I was spoken to as a fan and I of course heard nothing back. So now I feel like I'd like to make you aware of what this man is truly like. Another warning- there are words and phrases thrown around in here that are very triggering.

View attachment 1679552View attachment 1679553View attachment 1679554View attachment 1679555View attachment 1679556View attachment 1679552View attachment 1679553
This is vile. This is truly vile. Carrie this is the stuff you need to find out about a person before you marry them. Please see this and really think about the kind of person you are chaining yourself to!

The biological clock can be so loud it deafens everything else out and I feel like that is what is happening to Carrie right now. She cannot see beyond her feelings of needing a baby. It's sad and pathetic. Don't get me wrong there's nothing wrong with a woman wanting a baby but it is not worth being involved with a man like this.

Reactions: 33
So did anyone see if the engagement was in the actual paper?
According to Carrie, she isn't a celebrity 🤥🤥🤥 so I doubt that her engagement "story" would be in the paper version of the DM 😂😂😂

Here is the non official picture from their engagement...
IMG_20221026_191707.jpg

😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
There’s no chance this is some avant-garde acting thing I guess, highlighting emotional abuse, manipulation and the power of social media? Just a wee chance?

Almost certainly not I know but it’s all SO weird and insincere.

Reactions: 1
God I can't stop thinking about those comments from Joel. Those are the things of things that you *can't* inherently know about someone until you've been with them for a length of time, as they don't typically find a way to present themselves outright. This is the kind of thing people are talking about when they say they're moving too fast, there's things you just CAN'T know about someone while you're simply enjoying the honeymoon phase.

It's not exactly like you can turn to your partner and ask "hey, do you have any internalized misogyny? How do you feel about people coming forward about SA?" but those responses from him...especially the level of anger you can feel emanating from his responses just scream red flag. That coupled with how guilty he's trying to make Carrie feel for being on holiday right now and complaining that he doesn't do well without her...YEESH.
This exactly!! Her and Joel might very well be each other’s soulmates (sorry Carrie, I know you hate to say that 🥴) and be together forever and have a long and happy marriage but even so, choosing to make that commitment after just five months is insane, and hugely risky. They’ve never even spent a Halloween, Christmas, New Year’s, Valentines, Easter etc. together, Joel’s birthday (I think??), an anniversary. They have not experienced family conflict, illness, grief, plummets in mental health… Even just dumb silly little things that could possibly make or break when you live together—choosing furniture, delegating chores, the way they like to decorate the Christmas tree, cooking etc. They have no idea what kind of hidden opinions might come up about sensitive topics.

This will sound ridiculous but I’ve been with my now husband for five years and something that was a big unexpected shock to me was our different opinions when a general election came around (I know it feels like we have them all the time now!)—not because we had different political beliefs or supported different parties or anything, but because he was the kind of person who got incredibly impassioned in that atmosphere and I was someone who got very overwhelmed. Same when it came to the World Cup!! There are just so many things you don’t realise you experience with someone until you do. And how someone reacts, no matter how much you love them, could entirely make or break a relationship. They simply haven’t experienced enough together to make this kind of commitment.

Reactions: 34
Long time lurker, first time poster. I followed carrie as far back as whenever her first book came out 'all I know now' or whatever, and I felt lucky at the time to meet her randomly at a mcfly concert.

Fast forward a few years and she wrnt on holiday with Pete and was posting updates about their Disney trip constantly, to the point I simply commented and suggested she enjoy her holiday rather than post about it constantly (what shes doing now), and honestly it was written in the nicest, most non aggressive way, and she literally full on hit back at me and showed her true colours. From that moment her entire thing changed for me. I haven't followed or been able to stand her since.

But occasionally, I see a reason, like this, to suddenly see what's she's done with her life, and girl needs to get a reality check and come down a peg or two.

I randomly came across her post where someone had commented about her and Joel shoving it down everyone's throat, and I liked it, and got blocked.

I have loved this thread as its shown me I'm not the only one with this negative opinion of her, and even more so him and her.

Joel's video tonight honestly made me roll my eyes and want to vomit. Why is she leaving notes saying 'my husband' ? They're not married!!!!! He's also crying over an age 3 + lego set.

Their relationship is nothing special, and very creepy, and will end in disaster. And all these people commenting saying 'you two have restored my faith in love' do me a serious favour. What universe are they living in?

Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.