Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Hey everyone,

TW: This post talks about SA and similar topics.

With this whole engagement, this post may get lost in the masses but I came across this forum a while back and considered posting this and now I feel more than ever it's time to.

A while ago Joel posted about his favourite footballer being Ronaldo and I messaged him to explain why I didn't think he was the best role model or potentially why people might find that quite problematic. Regardless of my experience with SA, seeing the footballers face made me pretty uncomfortable and disappointed Joel calling him is favourite. I want to share with you the response I received. I have never EVER been spoken to in such a condescending and rude tone in my life. I was absolutely astounded by the way my kind and consecrate message was turned into an attack. It is evident to me that Joel has no respect for women and hurting people's feelings. I decided to email his agency with the proof of the disgusting was I was spoken to as a fan and I of course heard nothing back. So now I feel like I'd like to make you aware of what this man is truly like. Another warning- there are words and phrases thrown around in here that are very triggering.

Screenshot_20221026-120010.jpg
Screenshot_20221026-120013.jpg
Screenshot_20221026-120017.jpg
Screenshot_20221026-120022.jpg
Screenshot_20221026-120025.jpg
Screenshot_20221026-120010.jpg
Screenshot_20221026-120013.jpg

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 112

unt Bessie

Still got a whole thread to catch up on (superb tattling, gang) but thought you would enjoy this perspective: I started a new job the week after Carrie and Joel had their first date. I'm still in my probation period.

• Haha
Reactions: 98

birdlace_

“Welcome to to day x of Jolemas”
6AC30B0B-9682-4153-AB7B-732EA29F1D49.jpeg

I feel that if the ‘love of your life’ was abroad and left you 12 little gifts you’d be so enthusiastic and overjoyed! it’s such a cute idea, but Joe just looks like a dissatisfied rainfrog constantly 😐

• Haha
Reactions: 98

aofiem98

3E6A6242-B985-437B-8C83-9215F733E100.jpeg

Surely posting this many stories on Instagram violates something in the Geneva Conventions?

i know I’d rather be waterboarded than sit through them 🤢

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 94

PiefaceG

VIP Member
Screenshot_20221026-000117~2.png

And then she's posted 5 photos in a row of her hand with the ring on it. She's definitely obsessed with being engaged. Not with Joel. Awks.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 91

Sanctified

VIP Member
Hey everyone,

TW: This post talks about SA and similar topics.

With this whole engagement, this post may get lost in the masses but I came across this forum a while back and considered posting this and now I feel more than ever it's time to.

A while ago Joel posted about his favourite footballer being Ronaldo and I messaged him to explain why I didn't think he was the best role model or potentially why people might find that quite problematic. Regardless of my experience with SA, seeing the footballers face made me pretty uncomfortable and disappointed Joel calling him is favourite. I want to share with you the response I received. I have never EVER been spoken to in such a condescending and rude tone in my life. I was absolutely astounded by the way my kind and consecrate message was turned into an attack. It is evident to me that Joel has no respect for women and hurting people's feelings. I decided to email his agency with the proof of the disgusting was I was spoken to as a fan and I of course heard nothing back. So now I feel like I'd like to make you aware of what this man is truly like. Another warning- there are words and phrases thrown around in here that are very triggering.

View attachment 1679552View attachment 1679553View attachment 1679554View attachment 1679555View attachment 1679556View attachment 1679552View attachment 1679553
There's a fucking reason SA victims aren't taken seriously. Victims rarely get the justice because it is a 'he said, she said' situation. His attitude is absolutely disgusting.

• Heart
Reactions: 81
Here's the screenshots of what I said to them. There was only one to Joel to make him block me and I've sent 3 to Carrie for her to ignore
Sorry this is totally wrong. You're imposing your views onto her personal inbox , a person you've never met.

When people con themselves and fail to remember that she is literally a stranger online - this is why social media worries me. People blur the lines between actual real relationships and influencers they'll never know in person.

By all means, write your concerns here, but actually messaging her is going way too far imo. 👎

Reactions: 81

Alice_Taylorx

Absolutely foolish the lengths this woman has gone to to avoid dealing with the pain of a single breakup.

• Heart
Reactions: 79

Sanctified

VIP Member
I just want to say thank you to the users on here for sharing your experiences regarding the SA post and Joel's response. You're all wonderful, strong humans ❤

Joel can go fuck himself.

• Heart
Reactions: 78

allthemyths

This video. I can't, guys, I just can't.

• There are so many things wrong with his behaviour. Toxic, controlling relationship. Been there, done that. We all see the signs, why can't she? What's up with her family, we does nobody talk to her? Was her mother seen at the party?
  • The way he talks about her being away – as if she is terminally ill and about to die. His heavy breathing. Come on, mate, you're in your thirties. What the fuck is wrong with you?
  • Even if Carrie were to go on a month-long musical tour around the world, wouldn't Joel have to be beaming all over? Knowing that she will return and indeed marry him?
  • So, so, so many red flags. Yesterday I was entertained, today I'm honestly concerned for her. He pretends to suffer 24/7 in order to make her feel guilty at a distance, just to make sure she notices. Also imagine being Scott, ffs. Having to listen to Joel read Carrie's card aloud, wishing he was there. A nice slap in the face for the supposed best friend.
  • I can't shake off the feeling that there's seriously something off with Joel. Of course he's a massive walking ick, but this is... something else. The sudden obsession with "Mr and Mrs M". Subtly making sure she won't ever travel without him again. I have the weird impression that he has not only planned the engagement, but probably already the wedding and the christening of their five children since day 1. He seems completely obsessive, manipulative and controlling.
Not sure I'll be able to watch this trainwreck any longer. Unfortunately, his attitude really triggers me.

• Heart
Reactions: 75

sketterss

I enjoy how the DM article leads with the fact they've only been together five months. You know it's bad when the DM is judging you

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73

T3PO

Chatty Member
Hyped for when he opens more tat, and it turns out to be a bunch of shit she found in a dash around Tesco.

Pack of 20 "thanks" cards, check.
Deliveroo voucher, check.
Crappy tiny Lego box, check.

Place your bets on what's next. A blu-ray of a film to keep him company? A box of sweets? A picture frame to put an engagement photo in? You know, the kind of shit down the gifts aisle at the supermarket.
The last one being a positive pregnancy test

At this rate I would not be shocked

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 72