Carrie Hope Fletcher #37 90 Day Fiancé - The Musical

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It was just the complete dismissal of any of my points and belittling me for sending an absolutely valid article. I just couldn't imagine being in a relationship let alone engaged to someone that has this kind of opinion or style of communication 😅
Oh he's perfect for Carrie in that sense!

I am sorry he talked to you that way, he's absolutely vile and deserves nothing (but a slap)

Reactions: 11
I hate this so much. The part where he suggests people who drop charges are “an insult” to women is so ignorant. I know women who have been assaulted who have dropped charges because the process of having to face their abusers is so traumatising and they don’t get the right support to go through that process. And going through it when so much of the time people are so DESPERATE to defend the man and prove that the woman is lying, it can make women either drop charges or be gaslit into thinking that it was their fault and they were the problem. I could understand some of his arguments if he’d been more thoughtful and respectful about them, but that line made me feel sick. You can’t make blanket statements or throw away comments when talking about abuse, because you’re insulting so many actual victims and their loved ones. I like to think most of the time these people don’t mean to cause harm when they say this stuff, so I’ll hear anybody out that has another way of interpreting that line. I just found it really gross.

This. I was assaulted. I tried to drop the charges and was told I’d be ordered to appear in court anyway and it would make the jury doubt my integrity. He was found guilty and got… a suspended sentence.

Regardless of that I had one of his friends stalk me online for about two years after. Police “couldn’t” do anything.

If anything happened to me again I wouldn’t report it. And attitudes like his are why.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
It looks like an incel, walks like an incel and talks like an incel…
Joel 100% gives me vibes of someone who would trawl incel forums. That's why he's acting like a walking ick about Carrie: he can't believe his luck that a woman would willingly sleep with him.

Reactions: 15
The way he is acting being apart from her just proves that they are still in the honeymoon phase of their relationship when you just love being with that person all the time, and love everything about them. Once that fades, and you actually live with that person (not a couple hours here and there the way they have been doing) but live live including going through grief together or hard moments, fighting over ridiculous things and then settling into a lovely companionship and love. Listen, I love my partner but if he was to go away for 12 days, I'd be absolutely thrilled at having the house to myself 😂 I'd miss him eventually but probably not until day 10 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Guys, we opened a new thread three days ago, which reached 50 pages yesterday and now we're already 16 pages into a new one which was created like 12 hours ago, I CAN'T KEEP UP! LMAO

If anything this shows what a shitshow this whole thing is :_)
I’m having to sneak on at work, purely so I can keep up with this absolute tit show 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Do you think Joel will try and copy Tom and write a wedding song and preform it at their wedding 🤮😂

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Thank you, I really appreciate it. I was so upset after reading the messages and tried so hard to remain kind and considerate to him on my responses. This is exactly it- Carrie has discussed this topic in detail and posts about it a lot on social media and it's so upsetting to see this is the opinion of her finance!!
Your responses were so level headed. I don't know how you kept your cool with his passive aggressive 'thank you's and arrogant ignorance.

It's the doubling down for me. He really could have just said something like 'I was answering a question about my favourite footballer and hadn't thought about this aspect of it. Thank you for calling my attention to it and the way it could affect others ' but no. He had to spend his time and energy defending someone he doesn't know??? And he really said "You are in the wrong here"...??? Wot?

The lack of nuance and critical thought from this grown man is breathtaking.

Reactions: 43
His comments on sexual assault are so vile and indicative of so many men’s attitudes towards the “validity” of women (and men) talking about their experiences with being abused and harassed. My flatmate got groped on the thigh by a man on the Tube yesterday but chose not to report it because she didn’t think she’d be believed or that it was “bad enough” to report to someone despite having witnesses. Rape and sexual assault are such personal and emotional things to discuss, especially when that original messenger was nothing but respectful about a delicate situation. For him to lambast them and essentially disregard anything they said is just so…icky and it honestly makes me dread to think how he’d react if one of his sons has accusations like that, or his daughter came to him with experiences like that. How would he feel then?

Reactions: 37
Has anyone on here seen Don’t Worry Darling? You damn well know Joel would have Carrie in the Victory project…

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 40
Joel wouldn't post videos like the 12 days of Shrekmas stuff he's posting now before he was with Carrie. What changed in him to make him post so much and especially videos/reels when he hardly ever did that before? It feels like he's using the clout of their relationship and engagement for followers/likes.
Absolutely!

They are going to rebrand as The Montague's. He's latched on for the followers and she's latched on so she can say' "Im Engaged".
kinda team Joel on that all he did was answer a question. If he'd been charged I would understand your reply to him but as its all unknown wether he's guilty or innocent. I dont see anything wrong with Joel's comments.
It's terribly condescending and and rude.and shows contempt for the the person who posted the quote.
Not handled well at all on Joel's part.
Makes him look awful

Reactions: 9
Your responses were so level headed. I don't know how you kept your cool with his passive aggressive 'thank you's and arrogant ignorance.

It's the doubling down for me. He really could have just said something like 'I was answering a question about my favourite footballer and hadn't thought about this aspect of it. Thank you for calling my attention to it and the way it could affect others ' but no. He had to spend his time and energy defending someone he doesn't know??? And he really said "You are in the wrong here"...??? Wot?

The lack of nuance and critical thought from this grown man is breathtaking.
this this this. not only were his responses putting across digesting sentiments, but the way he refused to even read let alone take on board what someone was respectfully raising to him. especially when he very evidently has no experience in the area of SA.

i really wonder if he told carrie about that conversation? i’d like to think she would tell him off for it - if i’d seen my boyfriend sending those messages safe to say he would no longer be my boyfriend. she preaches feminism - she should stand up to him about it.

Reactions: 24
this this this. not only were his responses putting across digesting sentiments, but the way he refused to even read let alone take on board what someone was respectfully raising to him. especially when he very evidently has no experience in the area of SA.

i really wonder if he told carrie about that conversation? i’d like to think she would tell him off for it - if i’d seen my boyfriend sending those messages safe to say he would no longer be my boyfriend. she preaches feminism - she should stand up to him about it.
I don't think Carrie cares about other women. Her feminism is the kind where it only counts when it's about her. Also, I think she'd absolutely defend Joel, no matter what.

Reactions: 34
Has she ever actually said anything nice about Joel and why she loves him other than basic generic statements.
She's said "Nobody I know had anything bad to say about him."

Which is also what people in documentaries say when they're shocked to find out their neighbour was a serial killer.

• Haha
Reactions: 55
If she didn't want people to talk about her being engaged till she announced it... why didn't she hide the balloons and not wear the ring? Clearly wanted the attention but is angry that the attention has been negative via the DM

Reactions: 12

A quick note on the conversation, it was during a weekday evening- if he was performing that night he would've 100% been sat there during his offstage time replying to me (the whole thing lasted about 3 hours with response times) so the whole thing felt so hate fueled. I had my boyfriend there trying to encourage me I was doing the right thing and not to apologise and backtrack so I hope to god Carrie did not agree with him on his beliefs and his attitude. Although, I bet he's kept his little 'win' to himself 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 22
If she didn't want people to talk about her being engaged till she announced it... why didn't she hide the balloons and not wear the ring? Clearly wanted the attention but is angry that the attention has been negative via the DM
Trouble is, they can't control the comments in the Mail Online, like they can (and do) with Insta.

When you whitewash your Insta or Youtube with paid followers and deleting anything that isn't saccarine sweet, you're bound to get a bit of a shock when the public really get to have their say in less controlled environments and the real truth about public feeling comes out.

Reactions: 12

Of course he wouldn't tell her. He's doubling down so hard. It's so easy to backtrack or say that you completely forgot the allegations/criminal past to save face, but the fact he got hella angry is telling.

What if Carrie told him she got assaulted? Would he still be like 'well, innocent til proven guilty pumpkin!!!'. twit.

Reactions: 16
We didn't want to announce our engagement online until we'd spoken to all our parents, grandparents and siblings in person, so I didn't wear my ring until we were ready to announce. It's not that hard really to keep it to yourself. They very obviously wanted everyone to know.

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.