Carrie Hope Fletcher #34 Cringe, ginge and too famous for Hinge.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So she can't dye her hair brown for a job/role but she can dye it to look like Carrot Top for shits and giggles?
Damn, too late for "Carrot Top Fletcher" to be the new thread title 😂

Carrot Top Fletcher and the Half-Dressed Prince

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
She actually said HBC was her style icon. We can see HBC does cultivate the run through a gothic haunted house wardrobe coated in glue look. Whether she said this when she was campaigning to play Mrs Lovett in Sweeney Todd - HBC played her in the film and she’s married to Danny Elfman (the Nightmare before Christmas)
She’s such a goth wannabe
This is an aside but I was so shocked to learn that Danny Elfman is married to HBC from a carrie thread because given HBC used to be married to Tim Burton and co-parents with him (no idea how old their kids are now so maybe co-parenting is the wrong term as they're probably adults by now), who I think still regularly works with Elfman that seemed so weird!

Turns out it's not true - I think HBC and Danny Elfman are friends, but Elfman has been married to Bridget Fonda, Jane Fonda's niece/ Peter Fonda's daughter, for nearly twenty years.

And I have no fashion sense myself, really, but if HBC is Carrie's style icon who she wishes to emulate that doesn't come across at all other than one or two pieces.

Reactions: 1
I think Carrie thinks she's copying this style (which is different but gorgeous 😍 and very flattering):
GettyImages-1187456361.jpg

o-HELENA-BONHAM-CARTER-GOLDEN-GLOBES-570.jpg

When in reality Carries style is closer to this, which looks horrifying. I think HBC looks fantastic, but even she looks like a granny with the wrong clothes. If this looks bad on HBC, Carrie doesn't stand a chance. 😹😹
helena-bonham-carter-wearing-no-make-up-while-out-and-about-on-a-sunny-E787HF.jpg

f412217a6393bec8a6161c150af139fa.jpg

article-0-19352FC500000578-881_634x813.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
View attachment 1609298

Cringe post aside, the mess in the background is giving me anxiety
I literally don’t think I’ve ever seen Carrie’s house look tidy. Anytime you can see a room in the background of a pic or video it looks messy and chaotic. Even her old flat was the same, so it’s not a new problem.

Also - to add to the Carrie fashion discourse, it’s true that her dress sense isn’t a big deal, to each their own. But because it clearly stems from her ‘not like other girls’ mentality it’s kinda funny to pick some of her choices apart. Even though this is not my aesthetic at allllll, I’m not adverse to the quirky witchy vibe I can tell she’s trying to pull off. But she’s not great at putting looks together. Chunky boots, patterned dresses, coloured velvet etc can be youthful and flattering if done right.

Attachments

Reactions: 8
I can't get over the amount of crap and clutter everywhere! 🙈
Same, it gives me a headache seeing the mess. Might sound bitchy but when I see someone that constantly lives in such chaos, it even gives me the idea that they might be dirty people.
I know the two aren't connected, but you can't really clean your house properly with all that tit lying around. And if you can live in a non clean environment, maybe you're not that clean to begin with.

Chunky boots, patterned dresses, coloured velvet etc can be youthful and flattering if done right.
I don't think any of us criticising has any issues with any of those types of items.

The issue is when you go to dance rehearsal with your boots to look different. And when you combine weird patterns with unflattering cuts that make you look huge and age you at least a decade. 😹😹

Also funny how one claims to be different and does that by copying (albeit very badly) someone else's style. But coherence has never been one of Scammie's qualities.

Reactions: 6
So she can't dye her hair brown for a job/role but she can dye it to look like Carrot Top for shits and giggles?
I personally don’t think they wanted Carrie to dye her hair for Veronica, I think they would’ve wanted her to look like herself as much as possible (because stunt casting)

Reactions: 18
Oh no! Is that Carrie’s bra right in front of the mess?!? Dang…second hand embarrassment for the girl today 😬

Reactions: 4
View attachment 1609298

Cringe post aside, the mess in the background is giving me anxiety
Lowkey think Carrie is a hoarder, or at least the beginnings of one. Does anyone remember that "Show Keepsakes" video she filmed with Scott? She had SO MUCH stuff collected, even things like the scraps of paper from where her costume pattern was cut from...like literal pieces of garbage that didn't have any significant markings or anything on them. What does she possibly do with all of this stuff??

And does anyone remember how messy and disgusting she let her Heathers dressing room get? I remember feeling like it was so disrespectful to such a prestigious theatre/dressing room to leave that much mess in there during her run. She should've been embarrassed instead of thinking it was just another quirky thing.

I feel like barring any severe mental health issues/disabilities/having kids or something, it's just embarrassing and unacceptable to be that level of messy when you're a fully grown adult. I'm sure she'd insist that she has "no time to clean" or something but like...there's no reason to even let it get that dirty in the first place. That kind of mess only comes out of laziness...just slinging stuff around instead of taking 20 extra seconds to put it in its place immediately when you're done with it.

Reactions: 11
It takes very little time to throw out garbage. Wish she'd try it. And once you have less tit lying around, it's much faster to clean. It just disgusts me to see so much junk around, living like that makes it impossible to focus on anything or have mental clarity. Dunno how she can relax properly with chaos around her.

Reactions: 7
Okay which one of you did this?
And Joel seems to be evolving.
He didn’t thank them for their feedback 😀👌🏻
Unless it's his mess, it's not his to clear up. I reckon he totally did though. He wouldn't dare tell Carrie to stop being a slob.

Reactions: 5
I watched some of the show keepsakes video cuz I was curious. At least now she has a reason to throw some of the stuff away. 😹😹
Screenshot_20220927-210706_YouTube.jpg

Not just that booklet, but also Wednesday's engagement ring that she kept. It will be a constant reminder of the one that got away.

Also can I just say: less is more. She looks much nicer and more youthful with a basic tee, her hair in buns and no eyeshadow. As opposed to crazy crusty and frizzy hair and dark eyeshadow applied only on the centre of the eyelid.
Screenshot_20220927-210816_YouTube.jpg

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.