Carrie Hope Fletcher #29 Where’s my career? It’s behind you!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m not from a privileged background which meant I couldn’t go to medical school. But I have decided that I’m not going to let that stop me from pursuing my passion of becoming a neurosurgeon. Tomorrow I will be performing my first neurosurgery without ever setting foot into a medical school or being able to understand any basic physiology. And if anyone dares question that, then they are being classist and I suggest they check their privilege.
Also, if any of the other neurosurgeons have a problem with that, I just won’t sit next to them at lunch time.

My god. Does she actually hear herself?
Hahahaha you had me in the first half 😂

Reactions: 7
Just had a video of him in his ugly budgie smugglers appear on my tiktok, thats me having nightmares tonight 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Maybe I'm feeling especially evil, but please can someone get cameos from the butt crack twins and put their name as either Crabbe or Goyle. Carrie did say she's happy to be cringey/embarrassed

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Carrie must be confused about sight singing or whatever it’s called, there’s no way she can’t read music I learnt it in primary school when I played the recorder (yes I’m very cool!) but I can’t just look at it and play. She has been in lots of musicals there is no way she can’t

Reactions: 3
I’m kinda glad Goyle is doing his Cameos in costume. He needs something to occupy the vast amounts of time he’s not on stage whilst at the theatre.
He needs the money if he's going to be playing Keeping Up With The Fletchers.

Of course nobody's told him that half the stuff they parade on insta is gifted. And he won't realise because they never declare it in the captions.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I’m kinda glad Goyle is doing his Cameos in costume. He needs something to occupy the vast amounts of time he’s not on stage whilst at the theatre.
i will be stunned if the production are OK with him doing that, for numerous reasons.

Reactions: 5
He needs the money if he's going to be playing Keeping Up With The Fletchers.

Of course nobody's told him that half the stuff they parade on insta is gifted. And he won't realise because they never declare it in the captions.
Got to pay for the "King's Chest" somehow... it's all gone quiet on that front hasn't it 🤔 I wonder if the same will happen here too once someone at Hamilton sees what he's doing.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I hope Joel gets a special Olaf speedo made for their wedding. He will also be wearing the Smiffys wig.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Excellent title for the Joel thread.

I imagine he’d be genuinely delighted to have his own thread. All that attention and feedback.
I cannot see the word feedback now without being sick in my mouth

• Haha
Reactions: 15
As someone who trained in MT, it's pretty standard for productions to give all cast members (or at least the ones who sing in the show) scores whether they read music or not - it's easier to give everyone the same material than have the stage management or musical direction team waste half the first day of rehearsal checking everyone's music theory proficiency and printing out the right number of scores/lyric sheets/etc respectively!

I suspect Carrie is one of those people who can vaguely follow the shape of a score (this note's longer than this one, the melody goes up here and down there) but wouldn't be able to learn a show just by reading the dots and would instead have to rely on the musical director bashing out her line on the piano. Surprisingly common among MT actors to be fair, but having to bash out every single line really does slow the process down! I very much agree with that poor grad that learning to read music is an invaluable tool for musical theatre actors and seeing as she's quite a naturally musical person judging by her earlier songwriting I think it would be something she could pick up pretty quickly if she were so inclined. It's just a shame she takes any suggestion that she COULD improve her craft as a personal attack. I genuinely think she just can't deal with any suggestion that she's not already perfect and her natural talent isn't enough.
Georgie Ashford on YouTube often talks about not being able to read music but how she uses a note bash app to get around it

What she thinks 'reading sheet music is' is being able to look at a note written on the paper and sing it perfectly in tune, more like perfect pitch. She obviously knows how to read and follow a tune but thinks somehow not having 'perfect pitch' makes her special and unique and working SO much harder than everyone else.

View attachment 1457833

Surely she needs to update her headshot? 🙄 Her hair is totally different now
Jfc, that photo is awful. a) She doesn't even look like that anymore, and b) it ages her by many, many years. She has all the time in the world now, why doesn't she take care of such basic things? Why is everything about her so deeply unprofessional by now?

Reactions: 14
Just caught Joel doing an IG live (in costume in his dressing room) and here are the highlights, but I only made it through a few minutes:

1. He owns 2 pairs of budgie smugglers, he was asked directly how many he has.

2. He would like to do Broadway, but it would be dependent on what "Miss Hope Fletcher" is doing at the time.

3. He and Carrie have talked about working together, whether a show or a concert he doesn't know, but they definitely want to work together

4. He is all for body positivity and hopes that the videos he and Carrie make inspire people.

5. Said he is going to stop engaging with the people who say negative things because he is just giving them the attention they are after

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
Can you imagine Joel & Carrie in a show or concert together 😬 They would become even more insufferable. I'd rather watch paint dry.

Also it's all about body neutrality now, keep up Joel...

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
2. He would like to do Broadway, but it would be dependent on what "Miss Hope Fletcher" is doing at the time.
Sorry what???? Carrie (who he still barely knows and has been with for less than 3 months) factors into his career decisions this much already? This creepy codependency…

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.