Carrie Hope Fletcher #29 Where’s my career? It’s behind you!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
re the music reading, I’m not sure how she said it.
but there is still a lot of room for interpretation I think. Anyone can understand the basics of reading a score in almost no time. (Like someone posted: breaks, notes going up or down, Rythm)

Then next comes understanding (and memorising) this symbol (note) corresponds with this key or string on the instrument. Which is already harder. (Depending on the instrument)
Being able to play it straight off paper (which I think is called sight reading in English) is ten times harder but can be done with practice. If she had music lessons playing saxophone she would have been taught that for that particular instrument. Which means she would already know a lot.

I don’t know how easily sight reading translates to singing. I don’t know if it’s common for people to be able to sight read and sing the notes straight away (without hearing it on a piano?) Sounds to me like that would be harder than with an instrument but I’m not a trained singer.
If anyone does I’d be happy to learn :)

Reactions: 2
re the music reading, I’m not sure how she said it.
but there is still a lot of room for interpretation I think. Anyone can understand the basics of reading a score in almost no time. (Like someone posted: breaks, notes going up or down, Rythm)
Her response to the now deleted tweet! And when he responded saying that if it wasn't so important, why is it included as one of the most essential things on the MT curriculum - her response was 'your privilege is showing'

Edit: She wrote another really long response I found - so adding that here as well

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
Her response to the now deleted tweet! And when he responded saying that if it wasn't so important, why is it included as one of the most essential things on the MT curriculum - her response was 'your privilege is showing'
Her comment about the score not being on stage with you is ironic considering in Witches of Eastwick they were all clutching their copy of the score ON STAGE.

• Haha
Carrie acts like it's a privilege to work hard to get into performance school (which you may even have to finance with loans that you then grind to pay off), as if it's a greater privilege than riding your famous brother's coattails while living rent-free with Mum and Dad

Reactions: 13
It is lazy for someone working in MT not to know how to read music. Of course Crabbie needs to find excuses because she's never worked hard a day in her life, and she doesn't like being reminded how incompetent she is at her job. God forbid she has to put any effort or work into something. 🙄

Reactions: 12
Her comment about the score not being on stage with you is ironic considering in Witches of Eastwick they were all clutching their copy of the score ON STAGE.
I know! And tbh the tweet had nothing to do with her. She wasn't tagged, wasn't mentioned. iirc, the guy was just asking why it isn't a thing/necessity that musical theatre actors learn how to read sheet music as it's beneficial to all those involved or something along those lines. And she got all high and mighty. Getting involved like normal.

And tbh, it's hardly a privilege? I went to a normal, rough primary and secondary school - not a private school. And it was part of our basic music curriculum to learn how to read sheet music. Then for those of us who wanted to do further music study for GCSEs or whatever, we'd learn more advanced things. But it was normal to learn at least the basics from year 7 onwards.

Reactions: 12
For me it's the irony of that last paragraph...for someone who gets into petulant back-and-fore in comments and blocks people on a whim, she sure likes telling people that what they post on social media is open to comment 😂

How does one learn to read music? I mean this genuinely as I am interested.

Is it something you could learn online yourself? Given all the free time Carrie had during Covid you would think its the ideal time to do something like that...even with a music teacher online.

Also what is Carrie's reputation like in MT?
I learnt to read music from YouTube videos when I was 16 😊

Reactions: 4
Carrie has a score for the play she doing but I thought she said she wasn’t playing the singer’s part? I know there’s music in Brecht plays but I thought it was just one character rather than everybody singing in this play? Maybe she’s not stepping as far away from singing as we thought

View attachment 1452847
I thought she didn't read sheet music! Remember all the fuss she made on Twitter a few years ago?

Edit: woops, you've all said the same 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Someone PLEASE teach this man child how to use Instagram.
I swear it's being done on purpose at this point. Like those photos of Ryan Gosling wearing a tshirt of Macaulay Caulkin wearing a tshirt of Ryan Gosling wearing a tshirt of Macaulay Culkin. Except that was kinda funny.

• Haha
Reactions: 26

Edit: She wrote another really long response I found - so adding that here as well
I’m not from a privileged background which meant I couldn’t go to medical school. But I have decided that I’m not going to let that stop me from pursuing my passion of becoming a neurosurgeon. Tomorrow I will be performing my first neurosurgery without ever setting foot into a medical school or being able to understand any basic physiology. And if anyone dares question that, then they are being classist and I suggest they check their privilege.
Also, if any of the other neurosurgeons have a problem with that, I just won’t sit next to them at lunch time.

My god. Does she actually hear herself?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I’m kinda glad Goyle is doing his Cameos in costume. He needs something to occupy the vast amounts of time he’s not on stage whilst at the theatre.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I’m not from a privileged background which meant I couldn’t go to medical school. But I have decided that I’m not going to let that stop me from pursuing my passion of becoming a neurosurgeon. Tomorrow I will be performing my first neurosurgery without ever setting foot into a medical school or being able to understand any basic physiology. And if anyone dares question that, then they are being classist and I suggest they check their privilege.
Also, if any of the other neurosurgeons have a problem with that, I just won’t sit next to them at lunch time.

My god. Does she actually hear herself?
OMG for a tiny split second I thought you were serious and as a nurse I was going WTF???!! 🤣🤦‍♀️😳

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.