Carrie Hope Fletcher #29 Where’s my career? It’s behind you!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Disclaimer again, I have always been an oliver fan and am new to the thread so have a lot of things to say but no one irl cares so here we go 😂
So, Carries while WoRkiNg ClAsS thing, surely she realised that oliver was GENUINELY working class. Like, as a kid while she was jetting off to Disney he was at Butlins and grateful for it by the sounds of things. How he put up with her tit I don’t know bc if someone as rich and privileged as CHF tried to tell me they were wOrKiNg ClasS I’d have flipped my tit ahahah

I get this is a nothing post but had to rant somewherelool
I think Carrie genuinely believes she’s working class. Without getting into politics, it’s like when some of them have the “well I worked hard and I‘m rich, anyone can do it” and they forget their parents had a spare 20k a year to send them to private school. Some of them actually believe they’ve struggled. Carrie honestly believes her parents having to save for Disneyland puts her in the same bracket as kids whose parents worked 3 jobs to take their kids to Butlins. I think she’s just ignorant more than actually malicious.

Side note- I quite like Ollie after that post. He’s having his opinion out there without being explicitly directed at her.

Reactions: 32
I think Carrie genuinely believes she’s working class. Without getting into politics, it’s like when some of them have the “well I worked hard and I‘m rich, anyone can do it” and they forget their parents had a spare 20k a year to send them to private school. Some of them actually believe they’ve struggled. Carrie honestly believes her parents having to save for Disneyland puts her in the same bracket as kids whose parents worked 3 jobs to take their kids to Butlins. I think she’s just ignorant more than actually malicious.

Side note- I quite like Ollie after that post. He’s having his opinion out there without being explicitly directed at her.
I agree with this. It could even be that she has grown up with her parents saying that they (her parents) are working class (I don't know their backgrounds at all, so a complete speculation) and she doesn't realise that her and Tom were not working class 💁🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 5
IMHO ignorance is not acceptable when you're an adult and you should be aware of what other people go through around you. Especially when interacting with people that had some a different upbringing.

It would only be acceptable if you were really young, a teenager who spend their whole in the same circles with their privileged people saying they were working class.

About her following, let's be honest: without her brother she'd be a nobody. And I don't think Oliver gained any upper hand in theater by being with her.

Finally I wanna close with a rant cuz why not 😂: I remember I started thinking she was annoying and entitled when in one of her videos she was bragging about how she saved her money since she was really young to buy her flat.
As someone that really had to make sacrifices to save money for a deposit as a working adult (no holidays, very seldom going out to eat etc) and will be paying a mortgage for 30 years, that really pissed me off.
Coming from working class and modest upbringing, holidays are a distant dream and the best you can do is save for months/years a cheap phone when you're young and not employed full time, not for a full payment on a flat outside of London.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
IMHO ignorance is not acceptable when you're an adult and you should be aware of what other people go through around you. Especially when interacting with people that had some a different upbringing.

It would only be acceptable if you were really young, a teenager who spend their whole in the same circles with their privileged people saying they were working class.

About her following, let's be honest: without her brother she'd be a nobody. And I don't think Oliver gained any upper hand in theater by being with her.

Finally I wanna close with a rant cuz why not 😂: I remember I started thinking she was annoying and entitled when in one of her videos she was bragging about how she saved her money since she was really young to buy her flat.
As someone that really had to make sacrifices to save money for a deposit as a working adult (no holidays, very seldom going out to eat etc) and will be paying a mortgage for 30 years, that really pissed me off.
Coming from working class and modest upbringing, holidays are a distant dream and the best you can do is save for months/years a cheap phone when you're young and not employed full time, not for a full payment on a flat outside of London.
I agree, my parents were working class and both grew up in poverty. They wanted their children to never go through that life and worked hard to make sure we did not, but both of them have been incredibly open about how it was sheer luck they ever made it out of that life. It is not as easy as people would assume to work your way up, this country is sadly built to keep people down.
My parents still consider themselves WC, though I do not think I would as their way of life has changed dramatically over the years. But I would never consider myself WC as it would feel like a slap in the face to anyone genuinely WC, if you have not experienced the kind of struggles WC people experience then you should consider yourself very lucky.
This faux-WC persona you see so often on the Internet is terribly bizarre to me, even moreso when there is plenty of easily found evidence to prove otherwise. I have plenty of very wealthy Middle/Upper Class friends and a lot of them have a tendency to do this, especially on the Internet. It is a very odd thing to witness just within our own little bubble, let alone witness someone like Carrie do it on such a large scale.
I do not fully believe this is total ignorance on her part, I think she is always aware that there is at least a possibility she is incorrect but is simply too used to being told she is correct that she refuses to listen. So to Carrie she is probably quite aware she is not WC but who around her will ever be able to tell her she is not?

Also, I too enjoyed Oliver's answers and thought he looked very hansdome in the "favourite photo" he shared 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Agree with the above. I had the opposite in that I didn't realise I was working class until I went to university- I grew up in a deprived area where it was normal to be fairly poor, so almost everyone at school was in the same position as me or worse. It was only when I got out to university that I met people who made me realise that my upbringing wasn't exactly the norm! Carrie should have had the opposite experience, but her privileged life just means that she either never allows anyone else to talk long enough to realise her experience of multiple Disney holidays wasn't normal. Or, she just thinks working class means her parents... went to work?

She's in a bubble!

Reactions: 13
Why does she accentuate every word when just speaking normally and even when speaking had to stick the stupid lizard tongue out

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Why does she accentuate every word when just speaking normally and even when speaking had to stick the stupid lizard tongue out
THIS!! I get when you're on stage you need to over-pronounce but if you're not on stage, just talk normally! It sounds ridiculous in day to day life

That being said...anyone see her stories just now? About having no confidence in being a human or singing? I think she really is in a bad place at the moment (hence the relationship saga) ☹

Reactions: 23
Most recent story is such a blatant beg for compliments. She’s coming across as completely insufferable.

Reactions: 18
Tom's spoken before about how his parents would take them to their grandparents house while they worked extra hours. (I think this was in mcflys autobiography) It seems that they were doing what they could to give their kids the best opportunities so it could be like someone here said where the parents themselves didn't come from money but did what they could to ensure their kids wouldn't have that problem so the lifestyle tom and carrie had wasn't necessarily a working class one.

When it comes down to it it's all about the job you get and it's not always as straightforward as being working class or not. Some people with no qualifications might end up in a high paying job (eg Carrie with her multiple streams of income)

Most recent story is such a blatant beg for compliments. She’s coming across as completely insufferable.
True, but she does seem to have issues in regards to her singing at the moment. Like others, I was surprised at her answer as to what talent she would give up, replying it‘d be singing, „easily“. It’s not like her to be insecure about that, is it?

Reactions: 6
Tom's spoken before about how his parents would take them to their grandparents house while they worked extra hours. (I think this was in mcflys autobiography) It seems that they were doing what they could to give their kids the best opportunities so it could be like someone here said where the parents themselves didn't come from money but did what they could to ensure their kids wouldn't have that problem so the lifestyle tom and carrie had wasn't necessarily a working class one.

When it comes down to it it's all about the job you get and it's not always as straightforward as being working class or not. Some people with no qualifications might end up in a high paying job (eg Carrie with her multiple streams of income)
My dad didn’t come from money (my mum did, to an extent) but my dad worked unbelievable hard, moved us all abroad and gave us the best childhood we could have had. Or at least for me, my sisters chose to go to boarding school 🤣 But we’ve always known we were lucky and spoilt. My parents have both always said that they can’t take their money with them (mum’s quite morbid 😂) so they would rather spent it on me/my sisters/grandkids. And as long as we know that we’re privileged/spoilt and that not everyone has what we does, that’s all they wanted.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.