Carrie Hope Fletcher #29 Where’s my career? It’s behind you!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think signing books is fine if you're a well established/well respected author. Personally I don't think she's at that level. I know some of you might disagree but her books are mediocre and we all know she didn't get a book deal because of her writing

Reactions: 21
The really sad thing is, Carrie has done some absolutely amazing things before turning 30, but she’ll only focus on the lack of husband. She has had a great MT career playing some great roles, she has several published books, and she owns 2 properties. Most people would be utterly thrilled to be going into their 30s with those things.
We all want what we can't have. 😂😂
Two properties? Wow, last I watched one of her videos she only had the purple flat.

Reactions: 1
I never had an issue with Oliver, potentially he strung Carrie along during their relationship and of course we don’t know how the break up went down but in the Q and A, he has come across very well. He’s worked his way up, nothing regarding jobs has been handed to him, he seems to have the work/life balanced well.

I do wonder though, with his comment about not over sharing, if the Carrie we are seeing now is what she actually wanted with Oliver but he said no as he isn’t a fan of massive of PDA? Or maybe Carrie Is just trying to rub it in his face

Reactions: 18
inserting herself into any possible career at a mediocre level instead of grafting to be truly talented/exceptional at something etc
This is what started bugging me too about her at first. She seems to just try to collect accomplishments so she can tick them off the list, (be a published author, star in a show, put out an album) without a deep appreciation for the work she's doing, or an attempt to really work on her craft. Her books are terrible, she barely works on her singing or acting, her album was a half-assed money grab... She doesn't really seem passionate about any of her interests, but just interested in being able to say she did something. And then she brags about her accomplishments like she's some creative mastermind.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
This is what started bugging me too about her at first. She seems to just try to collect accomplishments so she can tick them off the list, (be a published author, star in a show, put out an album) without a deep appreciation for the work she's doing, or an attempt to really work on her craft. Her books are terrible, she barely works on her singing or acting, her album was a half-assed money grab... She doesn't really seem passionate about any of her interests, but just interested in being able to say she did something. And then she brags about her accomplishments like she's some creative mastermind.
To be fair, I think this is something that’s true of social media stars generally. They’ve all stuck their name on a book/made a beauty line/started a clothing company (delete as applicable) because their management have made it happen. They aren’t genuinely invested in their careers, they’re invested in their own egos and bank balances and it knocks other genuine talent out of the spotlight. It really annoys me (if that hadn’t come across!)

Reactions: 12
It's always surface level for Carrie, in everything she does. She wants to say she's this AND that, she wants to hear the applause, she wants to brag, brag, brag - and what is she passionate about? I truly couldn't tell you and I bet neither can she.

Reactions: 13
It's always surface level for Carrie, in everything she does. She wants to say she's this AND that, she wants to hear the applause, she wants to brag, brag, brag - and what is she passionate about? I truly couldn't tell you and I bet neither can she.
This is so true of her political/ethical views too. I’m sure she means well but she gets it wrong because she never actually learns about a topic, she just loves a social media performative cause to support

Reactions: 10
I mean, she's kinda passionate about trying to stay relevant

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Yeah crappy covers of musical songs
I brought the album when it was released… I have never listened to it at all, not even taken it out of the case 🙈

UPDATE: I found it!! I knew it was lurking somewhere 🤣🤣
9E14E914-2F09-4696-8D3A-4F51014C840F.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Oliver's booking.com answer to the q&a was definitely a dig at Carrie using a travel agent in my opinion.

Reactions: 4
Oliver's booking.com answer to the q&a was definitely a dig at Carrie using a travel agent in my opinion.
I don't think Oliver is even checking what Carrie posts. He seems to be moving on. Carrie is the only one playing games

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I think signing books is fine if you're a well established/well respected author. Personally I don't think she's at that level. I know some of you might disagree but her books are mediocre and we all know she didn't get a book deal because of her writing
It’s a youtuber thing both of the sugg’s used to do it and Alfie Deyes and gang, I don’t really get the big deal, it’s in the cover page so doesn’t spoil the book and if you are buying books from YouTubers it’s because you are a fan of theirs not really for the literature anyway 😂

Reactions: 3
It’s a youtuber thing both of the sugg’s used to do it and Alfie Deyes and gang, I don’t really get the big deal, it’s in the cover page so doesn’t spoil the book and if you are buying books from YouTubers it’s because you are a fan of theirs not really for the literature anyway 😂
I think people here are mostly just taking issue with the fact she does it for herself, for her own bragging, and to inflate her own sense of self-importance.

Reactions: 6
I think people here are mostly just taking issue with the fact she does it for herself, for her own bragging, and to inflate her own sense of self-importance.
I’m sure whichever minion buys it will be over the moon though so don’t really get why it’s such an issue. Probably one of the least annoying things she does and like I said I think it’s a youtuber thing they all have over inflated egos

Reactions: 8
Careful, looks like she’s snuck into your room and signed it as a surprise for you 😉🤣
🤣🤣 I remember being so annoyed that the signed copy cover was different to the non signed version! Honestly think I was drunk or something in the last few months when I was a fan of hers 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Her "signature" looks fairly easy to copy, I'd love to "sign" some books in a bookstore that she was also in and watch her be very confused as to why the books were already signed.....or buy the signed copies elsewhere and swap them in front of her for unsigned ones 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
🤣🤣 I remember being so annoyed that the signed copy cover was different to the non signed version! Honestly think I was drunk or something in the last few months when I was a fan of hers 🙈
I think most of us started off as fans, no judgement from us. I actually prefer that photo of her, the other one is so photoshopped that I think it looks like someone else.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.