Carrie Hope Fletcher #29 Where’s my career? It’s behind you!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If i worked in a bookshop and i knew she signed one of her books i would make her by it for defacing the book 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Disclaimer again, I have always been an oliver fan and am new to the thread so have a lot of things to say but no one irl cares so here we go 😂
So, Carries while WoRkiNg ClAsS thing, surely she realised that oliver was GENUINELY working class. Like, as a kid while she was jetting off to Disney he was at Butlins and grateful for it by the sounds of things. How he put up with her tit I don’t know bc if someone as rich and privileged as CHF tried to tell me they were wOrKiNg ClasS I’d have flipped my tit ahahah

I get this is a nothing post but had to rant somewherelool

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Disclaimer again, I have always been an oliver fan and am new to the thread so have a lot of things to say but no one irl cares so here we go 😂
So, Carries while WoRkiNg ClAsS thing, surely she realised that oliver was GENUINELY working class. Like, as a kid while she was jetting off to Disney he was at Butlins and grateful for it by the sounds of things. How he put up with her tit I don’t know bc if someone as rich and privileged as CHF tried to tell me they were wOrKiNg ClasS I’d have flipped my tit ahahah

Tom (although he has his faults) comes across as more genuine than Carrie. He has never denied coming from money. There's a mcfly video where they talked about how Dougie and Danny grew up in unstable homes and were working class. Tom and Harry went to good schools. Tom's also mentioned his mum and dad working all hours to be able to afford what he had, but has never claimed to be poor

Why does Carrie claim to be working class when her brother says they weren't

Reactions: 32

This has always bugged me. I'm sorry, but unless it was paid for by generous donors, she can't claim she's working class and had no money when she literally went to Disney every year (iirc she said at the age of 17/18, she'd been to Disney 20ish times) and pay for the schools/classes for both her and Tom.

It pisses me off cos I'm basically 30 and still have never been on a 'proper holiday' aside from a weekend in Cornwall because my family were actually struggling working class. She is trying so hard to seem 'relatable'(?) I guess or have some underdog story where she became a west end leading lady from some struggling, poor background. I would shut her down so hard if she ever tried that around me lol

Reactions: 22
I asked an author about this once - she said it’s customary to ask in the store first but they’re usually more than happy to oblige. And Waterstones will even stick a “signed” sticker on them!
unclear if Carrie does the same, and if she does, fair play. And as you say, I’m sure the misguided people buying her books won’t complain 😂
bookstores LOVE when authors come in. They usually want photos too as well. I don’t always ask, which is a little naughty of me, but yeah. Theres literally zero problem with her signing copies

Reactions: 16
This has always bugged me. I'm sorry, but unless it was paid for by generous donors, she can't claim she's working class and had no money when she literally went to Disney every year (iirc she said at the age of 17/18, she'd been to Disney 20ish times) and pay for the schools/classes for both her and Tom.

It pisses me off cos I'm basically 30 and still have never been on a 'proper holiday' aside from a weekend in Cornwall because my family were actually struggling working class. She is trying so hard to seem 'relatable'(?) I guess or have some underdog story where she became a west end leading lady from some struggling, poor background. I would shut her down so hard if she ever tried that around me lol
Exactly!! And I can’t fathom where she got the idea she was working class from? As someone else said Tom’s never said that, so why does she think people will buy it. And the one thing she (and other rich knobs) say all the time that really gets me is “but mummy and daddy work so hard xoxo” yeah guess what so does my mum, still didn’t get us a big duck off house and a yearly trip to Disney. The rich will do anything but admit they’re rich 🙄

Reactions: 18
Oliver always comes across so well in his q&a’s compared to Carrie. Like they tend to be genuinely insightful and interesting vs her just blowing smoke up her own arse or ‘setting the record straight’ with her trademark passive aggression.

The questions regarding Adams and over sharing online were hilarious haha. But this one also stood out to me. Ofcourse it could be referring to a myriad of things totally unrelated to Carrie but in my mind it’s probably in reference to their relationship. I’m of the opinion that Oliver was never truly invested in her but kind of fell into the whole thing. And he enjoyed the undeniable boost to his profile that came as a result. I know others have said that being CHF’s boyfriend didn’t get him roles, but having a social media presence and inbuilt fan base who would come to watch him was a definite benefit for his career imo.

Plus getting to live in London rent free (Carrie had a flat bought for her outright
by her millionaire brother. She doesn’t seem the type to demand rent off of her boyfriends imo, especially Oliver who she was desperate to hold on to) so having less stress about how to make ends meet and more time and energy to dedicate to auditions etc. But I honestly think he regrets ever getting seriously involved with Carrie now in spite of the benefits he got from it. “Better to be at the bottom of the right ladder than half way up the wrong one”…..

Attachments

Reactions: 20
My boyfriend works in a bookshop and when I showed him the screenshot he said that she shouldn't have done that and if it had been at his bookshop she would have been forced to pay for the 'damage' done to the book as it is technically damaging the book or at least it's classed as damage.
Exactly it is technically damage

Reactions: 1
Absolutely howling at Oliver’s subtle digs at Carrie in his Q&A 😂

Do we think one of them has blocked the other still??—because neither Carrie nor Oliver are tagged in any of the pictures of each other that are still on their Instagrams

Reactions: 13
And he enjoyed the undeniable boost to his profile that came as a result. I know others have said that being CHF’s boyfriend didn’t get him roles, but having a social media presence and inbuilt fan base who would come to watch him was a definite benefit for his career imo.
Tbf, you can say the same thing about Carrie using Tom to further her career. A lot of her fans found her youtube through Mcfly and she didn't get her first adult theatre role until 2013. By then Mcfly had like 7 no.1 hits and 19 top 10 hits released. And she did all those 'Dear Tom and Gi' videos, and Mcfly covers - using her brother's name to get those views

Reactions: 15
Tbf, you can say the same thing about Carrie using Tom to further her career. A lot of her fans found her youtube through Mcfly and she didn't get her first adult theatre role until 2013. By then Mcfly had like 7 no.1 hits and 19 top 10 hits released. And she did all those 'Dear Tom and Gi' videos, and Mcfly covers - using her brother's name to get those views
And other connections through Tom eg the videos with the vamps (who she knew from when they supported mcfly on tour) and tried to get people to speculate she was dating one of them to generate more of a buzz around her

• Wow
Reactions: 12
And other connections through Tom eg the videos with the vamps (who she knew from when they supported mcfly on tour) and tried to get people to speculate she was dating one of them to generate more of a buzz around her
I totally forgot she did this.

• Sick
Reactions: 7
I found her through the old ‘Dear Tom & Gi’ videos, I was a big fan of all of them! Oh times change. It was a cute idea and enjoyable.

Reactions: 7
I found her through the old ‘Dear Tom & Gi’ videos, I was a big fan of all of them! Oh times change. It was a cute idea and enjoyable.
I did too. The only thing I found funny was during the later episodes she dropped the pretense of addressing the videos to Tom & Gi at all...she made a Dear Tom & Gi Disneyland Haul in which she didn't acknowledge them in the video whatsoever and literally went on a tangent saying "I bought some of this coffee for my brother" lol like...it was just a regular video at that point. I was thinking like "shouldn't you be saying "And Tom! I bought some of this coffee for you too"

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.