Carrie Hope Fletcher #29 Where’s my career? It’s behind you!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My boyfriend works in a bookshop and when I showed him the screenshot he said that she shouldn't have done that and if it had been at his bookshop she would have been forced to pay for the 'damage' done to the book as it is technically damaging the book or at least it's classed as damage.
Is it also considered damage when Neil Gaiman does it? Cause he does it a lot. And John Green, I think?

Reactions: 6
Tbf he has said that in one of his Good morning world videos, he mentioned how Lucas was a pretty boring character and he wouldn't want to play him again.
I only remember this because I recently started watching them 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Loads of authors do the signing books randomly thing not just Carrie…and in most cases I would guess if you buy her book you’re a fan so her signature is a bonus? I dunno there’s loads to actually criticise her for the focus on her randomly signing books seems a bit unecessary to me 🤣

Reactions: 28
About turning 30 and feeling the clock ticking, far be it from me to sympathise with Carrie, but I think Tom being so settled makes it harder for her. Especially if people in her family (I don't mean directly her parents, could be other members) are hinting that it is about time for her to settle as well.

At least I know I'm fine with not having kids or being married in my early 30s, but when someone from my family makes some remark about my cousins being well ahead of me (I got no siblings so cousins are the closest) it hurts and it makes me a bit anxious. Then I luckily get over that pressure.

If anything like that happens to her, it must hurt even worse coming out of a long relationship that failed, since it nearly feels like you somehow threw away years of your life. Not saying it's right, but it can feel like that sometimes.

Reactions: 8
Loads of authors do the signing books randomly thing not just Carrie…and in most cases I would guess if you buy her book you’re a fan so her signature is a bonus? I dunno there’s loads to actually criticise her for the focus on her randomly signing books seems a bit unecessary to me 🤣
I asked an author about this once - she said it’s customary to ask in the store first but they’re usually more than happy to oblige. And Waterstones will even stick a “signed” sticker on them!
unclear if Carrie does the same, and if she does, fair play. And as you say, I’m sure the misguided people buying her books won’t complain 😂

Reactions: 15
Oh damn, must have missed that one. So yeah, that's got to hurt. It's good that she didn't remain silent though but tried, in her own Carrie-way, to be congratulatory towards someone she used to work alongside.
Carrie is just not physically right for Miss Honey. A Pair of round specs does not make you her.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I used to love Carrie's content when she would do Watch Me Wednesday or just vlogs around what jobs she's done. Now she just seems dull.

Reactions: 10
Good for him, tbh

I bet he knows who the Carrie and Joel show is for - Oliver is the target audience and we’re not the only ones who noticed

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Like I said - really loving Oliver for this 😂 “some people can only over share” 🎤 ⬇ 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Is it also considered damage when Neil Gaiman does it? Cause he does it a lot. And John Green, I think?
I guess so but perhaps it's different for different shops. I can't say I know how all shops view it.
Carrie only does it for attention anyway and so she can brag about something

I understand where you are coming from but as I said in a previous post the bookshop my boyfriend works at would consider that damaging a book.
I personally don't think it's right for an author to randomly go and sign a book like that but that is just my personal opinion.
I don't care if any of my books are signed by an author but again I see your point

Reactions: 4
The really sad thing is, Carrie has done some absolutely amazing things before turning 30, but she’ll only focus on the lack of husband. She has had a great MT career playing some great roles, she has several published books, and she owns 2 properties. Most people would be utterly thrilled to be going into their 30s with those things.

Reactions: 24
What’s more upsetting is all the people in the comments saying she was their favourite 🙄
Yes because all of them are teens who probs only saw her. It’s pretty unlikely that they saw the incomparable Patti Lupone.
She’s just not in the same league
At.
All.

No because they are literary giants whereas Carrie ‘writes’ bad chick lit.

Reactions: 6
carousel carrie
😂

Also, if Carrie really insists on signing books, why doesn't she carry round some little business card-type things that she can scribble on and just put in a few books. That way it's more of a keepsake if someone finds one, and doesn't actually deface the book.

As people have said, maybe if she asked an employee first, it wouldn't be so bad. (But imagine her getting a blank look from the employee cos she's a frickin' nobody.)

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.