Carrie Hope Fletcher #29 Where’s my career? It’s behind you!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't agree that it's a sad way to look at life. Why would it be sad to find your person later? Or why is it sad to have a relationship that doesn't work out? It's sad at the time but not a "sad life" thing to happen. It doesn't mean that the relationship wasn't valuable or that your life is worse now that you're single.

I fully agree that meeting someone young and staying together is beautiful. It's just not realistic for 90% of couples, in my opinion and from what I've seen. I only know of one couple that has stayed together since they were teens. It does happen! But it's that handful out of 100 situation.
I think you missed my point : I’m not saying it’s a bad thing to find your forever person when you’re older . I’m just saying it’s not a given that people will only find their person when they’re older - I don’t think a relationship should be taken more seriously or thought of as happier just because the participants met at 30 rather than 20 , and the sad point of view I was referring to was the assumption made that people who get together young are doomed to a life of unhappiness , regret and divorce . It’s not been my personal experience , nor the experience of my parents , my grandparents and plenty of other people in the world . But I suppose if that’s what you’ve witnessed then that’s why you might think that , I just do not agree at all .

Anyway , I’m de-railing . I think Carrie does think that she’ll be “too old” soon which is total bollocks . She is not too old ! She’s 29 for gods sake , you don’t automatically go on the shelf when you turn 30 . But I do think that is what is fuelling this insane , very quick attachment to Joel . I think she feels like she should be at a certain place , she excepted to be at a certain place by now and oliver shattered that reality at the beginning of this year . But , instead of picking herself up , realising she’s still so young , re-evaluating and taking time for herself , she’s jumped on the first man that looked her way , and now is forcing her timelines onto him before the relationship is even ready for it .

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I fully agree that meeting someone young and staying together is beautiful. It's just not realistic for 90% of couples, in my opinion and from what I've seen. I only know of one couple that has stayed together since they were teens. It does happen! But it's that handful out of 100 situation.
How many people do you know? Don't you find it arrogant making up percentages (90% 😂) based on your experience and the people you know?

What the person that was replying to you meant is that it's sad to make up these percentages based on your experience and have this negative vision when life cannot be predicted and a relationship can last forever or it can fail regardless of the age.

Carrie started dating Joe(l) late, so according to your ideas, if they got married in a year and started popping kids, would this guarantee success because they didn't settle for someone when they were young? I'd bet on their failure more than I'd bet on their success to be honest. 😂😂😂

• Heart
I totally did miss your point. Covid brain fog probably doesn't help. Agree with everything you're staying pretty much.
How many people do you know? Don't you find it arrogant making up percentages (90% 😂) based on your experience and the people you know?

What the person that was replying to you meant is that it's sad to make up these percentages based on your experience and have this negative vision when life cannot be predicted and a relationship can last forever or it can fail regardless of the age.

Carrie started dating Joe(l) late, so according to your ideas, if they got married in a year and started popping kids, would this guarantee success because they didn't settle for someone when they were young? I'd bet on their failure more than I'd bet on their success to be honest. 😂😂😂

I literally said it was my opinion... I imagine you've never shared one of those on a gossip thread before 🙄 And you've totally twisted my words and meaning on that last paragraph. Isn't it arrogant to put words in someone's mouth? Ffs.

I did miss the point. I said earlier I did. I just wrote a reply to the other commenter saying again that I realised I missed their point but I deleted it because it's off topic and doesn't matter.

Reactions: 15

In fairness I'd agree with them. a high percentage of couples ive known/worked with who get together in their teens/twenties and everything seems fine then suddenly split at around 30. Is it all, obviously not, but in my experience there definitely seems to be a high percentage that do. You even see it on here with influencer couples.

As for being older, if you rush into it like Carrie and Joel then that will probably have the same result. But if its a longer period of getting to know eachother, and they're both settled and comfortable in themselves, careers etc then they stand a good chance of being together long term

Reactions: 13
Joel posted stories of him cuddling a fan/random girl. She looked more into than Carrie ever has.
I hate it defend him, but I think it’s a kid who was in School of Rock when he was Dewey Finn, so they know eachother through performing. And he really works hard to support children’s engagements with theatre.

However I think that’s one of his few good points.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I hate it defend him, but I think it’s a kid who was in School of Rock when he was Dewey Finn, so they know eachother through performing. And he really works hard to support children’s engagements with theatre.

However I think that’s one of his few good points.
It's a shame he doesn't use his platform to bring more attention to that then instead of being the Carrie Hope Fletcher Fan Club.

Reactions: 21
My sister showed me a Instagram post of her scribbling her autograph into books at bookstores.
I used to work in a bookstore before Covid and authors were not allowed to do that. Not sure if that is still the case but if it is then why does she she think that she is better than everyone and allowed to take a pen and sign her name in every single one of her books she sees.

It's a shame he doesn't use his platform to bring more attention to that then instead of being the Carrie Hope Fletcher Fan Club.
This is what makes me a little sad, when he first got with Carrie I thought he had potential as his Instagram feed seemed like he led a fulfilling life - plenty of friends, lots of posts about the youth work he does, etc. And the same goes for his Facebook (again, I like to point out that it is entirely public as I would feel uncomfortable sharing this if it was private) - plenty of posts promoting and cheering on the youngsters he works with.
But since Carrie it is like that is all his life has become - Carrie, Carrie and more Carrie.
I do still think he is reaping a lot of benefits by doing this - growing his following, creating a bigger name for himself, etc - and that it likely will not calm down for a while. Maybe once the followers begin to stagnate and the hype is not what it once was then maybe we will begin to see a more relaxed and believable Joel? And hopefully Carrie

• Heart
Reactions: 19
My sister showed me a Instagram post of her scribbling her autograph into books at bookstores.
I used to work in a bookstore before Covid and authors were not allowed to do that. Not sure if that is still the case but if it is then why does she she think that she is better than everyone and allowed to take a pen and sign her name in every single one of her books she sees.
Also, newsflash to Carrie - not everyone who sees/buys your book necessarily wants it signed. You're hardly Stephen King, love.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Her latest story made me laugh - she always finds a way to insert herself into everything basically, in this case advertising her tour while still sat in the theatre for BatB, lol Carrie

Reactions: 8
For someone who's so terrified of "getting in trouble" I find it baffling that she'd just open up one of her books and sign it, just because you're the author doesn't give you the right to just scribble in all your books does it? It doesn't even inherently up the value of it. Also, can you imagine how embarrassing that would feel? "I wrote this book, I get to bless this airport bookshop with my signature :) Did I remind everyone I'm an author again?"

Reactions: 14
This is what makes me a little sad, when he first got with Carrie I thought he had potential as his Instagram feed seemed like he led a fulfilling life - plenty of friends, lots of posts about the youth work he does, etc. And the same goes for his Facebook (again, I like to point out that it is entirely public as I would feel uncomfortable sharing this if it was private) - plenty of posts promoting and cheering on the youngsters he works with.
But since Carrie it is like that is all his life has become - Carrie, Carrie and more Carrie.
I do still think he is reaping a lot of benefits by doing this - growing his following, creating a bigger name for himself, etc - and that it likely will not calm down for a while. Maybe once the followers begin to stagnate and the hype is not what it once was then maybe we will begin to see a more relaxed and believable Joel? And hopefully Carrie
Exactly! I had a mooch and he seemed alright based on his SM posts. Now it's kinda like 'why would I encourage young kids to do theatre when I can show you how proud I am of my girlfriend's bare arse?'

It's offputting to new followers, and definitely offputting to existing followers. I would say I hope the novelty wears off soon, but tbh I love seeing everything going down and letting him make a twit out of himself.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
For someone who's so terrified of "getting in trouble" I find it baffling that she'd just open up one of her books and sign it, just because you're the author doesn't give you the right to just scribble in all your books does it? It doesn't even inherently up the value of it. Also, can you imagine how embarrassing that would feel? "I wrote this book, I get to bless this airport bookshop with my signature :) Did I remind everyone I'm an author again?"
Exactly this is true. You don't see other authors running around all the book shops signing their books.

Reactions: 5
My boyfriend works in a bookshop and when I showed him the screenshot he said that she shouldn't have done that and if it had been at his bookshop she would have been forced to pay for the 'damage' done to the book as it is technically damaging the book or at least it's classed as damage.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.