Carrie Hope Fletcher #29 Where’s my career? It’s behind you!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes Carrie, silly you and The Face. What a humble brag.
The ridiculous forced relationship aside, it's things like this that led me to finding tattle in the first place. The constant bragging, the "I'm so busy all the time because I'm so fantastic", inserting herself into any possible career at a mediocre level instead of grafting to be truly talented/exceptional at something etc. And the over-pronouncing of everything she says. Drives me insane and I had to stop watching her.

She is just so incredibly pleased with herself all the time. Sorry...rant over 😂

Reactions: 21
My sister showed me a Instagram post of her scribbling her autograph into books at bookstores.
I used to work in a bookstore before Covid and authors were not allowed to do that. Not sure if that is still the case but if it is then why does she she think that she is better than everyone and allowed to take a pen and sign her name in every single one of her books she sees.
John Green used to do it around the same time she was with Alex. I’m not 100%, but it didn’t seem to be a taboo in the US and fans would get really excited about finding the signed copy.

Pre-scandal, John and Alex were close. That’s where she pinched the idea from. Not an original bone in her body.

Reactions: 9
To be fair he also said he didn’t miss Book of Mormon either!
And in that answer he very diplomatically says he had fun on the job but doesn’t miss the character he played. Which is fair because Lucas was such a nothing character.

Reactions: 28
To be fair he also said he didn’t miss Book of Mormon either!
And in that answer he very diplomatically says he had fun on the job but doesn’t miss the character he played. Which is fair because Lucas was such a nothing character.
Yeah and Oliver doesn’t seem to hang onto old jobs like Carrie does. He has fun and enjoys his time in Mormon/Addams etc but once his contracts over he moves onto the next one.

Reactions: 26
I really liked his answer about covering/swinging. Down to earth and showing appreciation to actors playing those parts, it shows he's done his share of those before he started being the main actor in a role.

Reactions: 20
I find Oliver's Q&As so much more insightful about theatre than Carrie's where she obviously asks herself bullshit questions to make theatre seem exclusive and like she's super in the know - like how you shouldn't go and watch your cover lol

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I find Oliver's Q&As so much more insightful about theatre than Carrie's where she obviously asks herself bullshit questions to make theatre seem exclusive and like she's super in the know - like how you shouldn't go and watch your cover lol
If you really think about it, she doesn't have an awful lot of experience compared to others does she? In her adult career she has never really been in an ensemble. She's never been an understudy. She's never been a swing. Not including the rehashing of the same shows, she's only got like 10/11 shows to her name and most of them are leads/prominent characters. I get that in Les Mis she would do ensemble stuff - but that was true for most of the actors regardless of their roles.

Reactions: 18
I’ve tried to sympathise a bit with Carrie because I turned 30 this year and definitely felt the pressure of “Omg I’m not married, I have no kids, I’m SO OLD!” but then I turned 30 and realised that it’s no different. Maybe once she actually hits 30 she’ll come to the same realisation, but I’m not holding out much hope.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.