Carrie Hope Fletcher #29 Where’s my career? It’s behind you!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Agree!

Look how the whole Amy Dowden thing went with those two though 😬 I'm convinced 90% of people who settle down "early" have made a decision that they will regret later in life. Some people get lucky and really do meet their partner early. But gawd, I'm 30 and the amount I've changed as a person over the last decade is wild. My whole value system, who I find attractive, where I want to live, what I want to do with my life ...

Had I settled down early I'd 100% be miserable by now. Carrie is a year younger than I am. I understand the pressure and biological clock but it's no use chasing something that can't (or at least shouldn't) be forced. If you have kids with someone you're tieing yourself to them for life, even if you break up. That's a monumental commitment to consider.
As a mid 30s newly divorced person with 13 years of marriage behind her, I concur!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Agree!

Look how the whole Amy Dowden thing went with those two though 😬 I'm convinced 90% of people who settle down "early" have made a decision that they will regret later in life. Some people get lucky and really do meet their partner early. But gawd, I'm 30 and the amount I've changed as a person over the last decade is wild. My whole value system, who I find attractive, where I want to live, what I want to do with my life ...
This is a bit of a sad way to look at life , I don’t think it’s true for 90% of people . It’s true for some couples , sure . But you can say that at any age ! Being a certain age isn’t a guarantee a relationship will work out , just as it isn’t a guarantee it won’t ! Sometimes you find your person when you’re 18 , and it’s really looked down upon but I think it’s beautiful .

I’ve been with my husband since I was 19 , we are now in our thirties . It’s not always the case and sometimes you grow together , you don’t grow apart . I hate it when people say you can’t be happy marrying your first love or that you’ll regret settling down too early . Everyone is different , every relationship is different .

However , do I think there’s an expiry date for finding your true love and you should be shacked up by the time you’re 30 ? No , I don’t ! Some people do change a lot in their twenties and it would be a disaster if they married their first boyfriend or girlfriend & that would be true for Carrie . In Carrie’s case , the best is yet to come and she is clearly very hung up about turning 30 and thinks she should be married with a kid by now . And also Carrie , I hate to tell you … the best is not Joel 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I can still search for him though. He comes up if I just type “joe” 😂
His profile is showing up normally for me (unfortunately). He’s reposting an ad for a new assistant company manager. Whoever gets that job has their work cut out managing the man-child.

Reactions: 5
This is a bit of a sad way to look at life , I don’t think it’s true for 90% of people . It’s true for some couples , sure . But you can say that at any age ! Being a certain age isn’t a guarantee a relationship will work out , just as it isn’t a guarantee it won’t ! Sometimes you find your person when you’re 18 , and it’s really looked down upon but I think it’s beautiful .

I’ve been with my husband since I was 19 , we are now in our thirties . It’s not always the case and sometimes you grow together , you don’t grow apart . I hate it when people say you can’t be happy marrying your first love or that you’ll regret settling down too early . Everyone is different , every relationship is different .

However , do I think there’s an expiry date for finding your true love and you should be shacked up by the time you’re 30 ? No , I don’t ! Some people do change a lot in their twenties and it would be a disaster if they married their first boyfriend or girlfriend & that would be true for Carrie . In Carrie’s case , the best is yet to come and she is clearly very hung up about turning 30 and thinks she should be married with a kid by now . And also Carrie , I hate to tell you … the best is not Joel 😬
I don't agree that it's a sad way to look at life. Why would it be sad to find your person later? Or why is it sad to have a relationship that doesn't work out? It's sad at the time but not a "sad life" thing to happen. It doesn't mean that the relationship wasn't valuable or that your life is worse now that you're single.

I fully agree that meeting someone young and staying together is beautiful. It's just not realistic for 90% of couples, in my opinion and from what I've seen. I only know of one couple that has stayed together since they were teens. It does happen! But it's that handful out of 100 situation.

Reactions: 8
I don't agree that it's a sad way to look at life. Why would it be sad to find your person later? Or why is it sad to have a relationship that doesn't work out? It's sad at the time but not a "sad life" thing to happen. It doesn't mean that the relationship wasn't valuable or that your life is worse now that you're single.

I fully agree that meeting someone young and staying together is beautiful. It's just not realistic for 90% of couples, in my opinion and from what I've seen. I only know of one couple that has stayed together since they were teens. It does happen! But it's that handful out of 100 situation.
I think they meant that it's sad to assume that many who meet young will break up. They specifically said they didn't think it matters if you meet someone later in life

Reactions: 19
I think they meant that it's sad to assume that many who meet young will break up. They specifically said they didn't think it matters if you meet someone later in life
Oh sorry. I still don't think it's sad. I think it's realistic. I'd never hope or root for it or anything, but I have eyes and, as I said, I only know one young couple in my community and extended friend group that have stayed together. Show me someone's Facebook feed that isn't full of 30 year old single mums or mums that are now with a new partner. It is what it is. Anyway, I'm off topic 🤐

Reactions: 6
I know this is probably me looking too far into it Goyle taking Crabbie and her family to the theatre is giving love-bombing vibes

Reactions: 11
Well, Carrie’s birthday is the 22nd of October, so that explains why her lucky number is 22. Coincidentally my lucky number is 2 because of my birthday- the 2nd hour of the 2nd day of the 2nd month. A YouTuber I watch actually has the same birthday as me and appears to live locally to me as well.
My birthday’s 02/02 too!! I know I was born in the early hours of the am but I’m not sure it was definitely 2am but hello, birthday twin 🥳

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Did her mum cry before the show started? Did she cry with gratitude at her future son in law generously taking them to a show? :D

Anyway, he’s still salty over not being allowed to come along to the Disney trip, isn’t he? ;)

Reactions: 18
Did her mum cry before the show started? Did she cry with gratitude at her future son in law generously taking them to a show? :D

Anyway, he’s still salty over not being allowed to come along to the Disney trip, isn’t he? ;)
Probably cried because she saw Carrie and Joel making out and was heaving

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Think he’ll still come up to those that follow him, but not those that don’t!
Doesn’t come up for me and I’m following him. Comes up when I search through my “following” list but not in the general search bar

Reactions: 3
I don't want kids so maybe that's why I can't relate but if Carrie is really just settling for Joel so she can have marriage and babies I find it so sad and bizarre, where's the joy in marrying and having a baby with a man you don't love?

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.