Carrie Hope Fletcher #29 Where’s my career? It’s behind you!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Throwing in my two cents on her q&a answer about their relationship:

It’s absolutely normal when you’re looking for a serious relationship to have a talk with the other person about important things like marriage, kids, etc., especially when you’re past 30 and want these things (I am a very reliable source on this😅).

BUT!! The way that Carrie phrased that answer, and with how they’ve been acting, it’s as if they on their very first date decided ‘this is going to be IT for us! We’re going to get married,have kids, and live the rest of our lives together, so let’s start NOW!GO GO GO!!’ And that’s why they’re throwing themselves into this like over-crazed teenagers, because they’ve already ‘decided’ that since they want the same things, and probably quite soon, they ARE and are GOING TO BE plunged into happiness forever and ever, with all their Disney-names kids…

Normal people our age just have a quick conversation about whether or not the other person sees something like that in their future, and then if the answer is somewhat satisfactory, keeps on dating them and actually, you know, get to KNOW them and perhaps be lucky enough to fall in love. Not just decide that we already are, because we want the same things..
Totally agree, I think there’s a bit of a desperation to “prove” that they’re “soulmates” and “this is it” as well because she doesn’t want “another” failed relationship. All in quotations because I don’t think it should be or is the case either - there’s no shame in a long term relationship working out, it’s a horrible experience.

Reactions: 17
I’ve been thinking over the last few days, especially after Carrie’s Q&A yesterday and I’m starting to wonder if we’re witnessing the results of an age old “if we’re both single by the time we’re X, we’ll get together/married” pact 🤷🏽‍♀️

Let’s say for a minute that they’re both actually telling the truth that they’ve known each other 8 years and we all know (or assumed, I can’t remember 🤣) that Carrie is someone who wanted marriage and babies by thirty. Yet she’s thirty in less than three months time with neither of those things and by the way she keeps going on about “wanting the same big things” she’s definitely upset about it. Don’t get me wrong Joel is without a doubt in anyones mind a rebound, but I’m just wondering if there’s also a pact which would explain moving at three hundred miles an hour.

Saying all that though I’m probably very wrong and just looking for any reasons to even remotely explain this nauseating tit show and give them some benefit of the doubt 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I’ve been thinking over the last few days, especially after Carrie’s Q&A yesterday and I’m starting to wonder if we’re witnessing the results of an age old “if we’re both single by the time we’re X, we’ll get together/married” pact 🤷🏽‍♀️

Let’s say for a minute that they’re both actually telling the truth that they’ve known each other 8 years and we all know (or assumed, I can’t remember 🤣) that Carrie is someone who wanted marriage and babies by thirty. Yet she’s thirty in less than three months time with neither of those things and by the way she keeps going on about “wanting the same big things” she’s definitely upset about it. Don’t get me wrong Joel is without a doubt in anyones mind a rebound, but I’m just wondering if there’s also a pact which would explain moving at three hundred miles an hour.

Saying all that though I’m probably very wrong and just looking for any reasons to even remotely explain this nauseating tit show and give them some benefit of the doubt 🤣🤣
I don't think they have a formal pact but I absolutely think her turning 30 this year is a driving force behind this car crash! She put a post on insta at the beginning of January about how 2022 was going to be such a great year for her with her turning 30 and some bullshit about a lucky number (did anyone else notice that it seemed every so-called influencer seems to have a lucky number of 2 or 22? How curious... 🙄)...and then I guess a week or 2 later Oliver ended things.

Reactions: 16
Talking about her Q&A whenever she does one I always ask her a question. It's always something different and she never responds to it. A few friends of mine have also always ask her a question and she never answers theirs. I'm wondering if she only answers questions that her friends have asked or if she faked a Q&A to make it seem like she is interacting with her fans

Reactions: 22
Talking about her Q&A whenever she does one I always ask her a question. It's always something different and she never responds to it. A few friends of mine have also always ask her a question and she never answers theirs. I'm wondering if she only answers questions that her friends have asked or if she faked a Q&A to make it seem like she is interacting with her fans
She fakes them. She wants to talk about something but for some reason can’t get herself to just…talk about it. So she declares it’s q&a time and you can always tell which questions are from her and which ones are actual fans‘ questions.
One of the most obvious things about this is that she rarely tells people to ask her about something specific, like she could make a q&a about her new shows, or book writing or whatever. It’s always just a generic q&a where she can cover a topic she desperately wants to mention, so she pretends a fan has sent in that question, like yesterday’s.

Reactions: 22
I don't think they have a formal pact but I absolutely think her turning 30 this year is a driving force behind this car crash! She put a post on insta at the beginning of January about how 2022 was going to be such a great year for her with her turning 30 and some bullshit about a lucky number (did anyone else notice that it seemed every so-called influencer seems to have a lucky number of 2 or 22? How curious... 🙄)...and then I guess a week or 2 later Oliver ended things.
Well, Carrie’s birthday is the 22nd of October, so that explains why her lucky number is 22. Coincidentally my lucky number is 2 because of my birthday- the 2nd hour of the 2nd day of the 2nd month. A YouTuber I watch actually has the same birthday as me and appears to live locally to me as well.
it would be interesting if Carrie and Joel do have a pact about getting married at the age of 30- but tbh I don’t believe they have actually known each other as long as Carrie says. I think it’s more of a case that they’ve had friends in common but never actually knew each other. This is such a rebound relationship that Carrie is going to have a real low when they inevitably break up. I can’t imagine this working out well!

Reactions: 6
I don’t think it’s a pact as much as Crabbie’s impending sense of failure due to being single at 30. Goyle was just easiest to get.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
What's with Joel being shadow-banned? It's as if Instagram is tired of him as well 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I really don't understand this whole panic regarding Crabbie needing to feel settled and accomplished by 30 lol??
Life still goes on and you don't experience an incredible transformation the day you turn 30 either.. I still feel like a 15 year old in my head... Act like one sometimes too with the exception I have stopped the PDA on park benches with my grammar school boyfriend, I believe the couple of the year never got that memo.

Joel posted stories of him cuddling a fan/random girl. She looked more into than Carrie ever has.

Also now we have discussed which character he resembles the most... can I just say he looks like he smells weird.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
What's with Joel being shadow-banned? It's as if Instagram is tired of him as well 😂
Haha oh yeah he isn't appearing when I search for him

Carrie had to ask herself this surely? The wording is so similar to how carrie writes
Screenshot_20220726-112758_Instagram.jpg

Reactions: 14
I wonder why they shadow banned him, but not her? Does instagram care about follower count? I admittedly didn't watch most of Joel's stories, was he posting worse stuff?

It could be his use of hashtags, or posting similar things can make algorithm think he is spam.

Or maybe if someone has reported something he has posted

Reactions: 10
You can search for him. It's just that you need to put his full handle in for his account to show up. Typing "JoelMontague" in the search bar doesn't suggest his account. I can't say if this is new but a few tattlers say it is. Considering how many followers he has it shouldn't be that difficult to search for him.

Reactions: 1
I really don't understand this whole panic regarding Crabbie needing to feel settled and accomplished by 30 lol??
Life still goes on and you don't experience an incredible transformation the day you turn 30 either..
I think it's probably to do with Tom. Imagine having a famous and successful older brother who married his high school sweetheart and had his first two kids by the time he was 30. She obviously wants the same thing so desperately.

And it also doesn't help with societal pressure and stuff. Like I know it's silly to get phased by it, but even I have some days full of just stress and dread because I realise how little I have accomplished compared to 'societal norms' and do have a little bit of a crisis. It gets in your head. Especially if you're comparing yourself to people close to you.

Reactions: 20
I think it's probably to do with Tom. Imagine having a famous and successful older brother who married his high school sweetheart and had his first two kids by the time he was 30. She obviously wants the same thing so desperately.

And it also doesn't help with societal pressure and stuff. Like I know it's silly to get phased by it, but even I have some days full of just stress and dread because I realise how little I have accomplished compared to 'societal norms' and do have a little bit of a crisis. It gets in your head. Especially if you're comparing yourself to people close to you.
Could be about Tom, but also societal pressure, as you say. It's not strange that society affects such things. We're constantly being told that romantic love is this all-important thing. I'm not ashamed to say that it affected me when I was single, and there's nothing weak about that. It can be really hard.

Reactions: 8

Agree!

Look how the whole Amy Dowden thing went with those two though 😬 I'm convinced 90% of people who settle down "early" have made a decision that they will regret later in life. Some people get lucky and really do meet their partner early. But gawd, I'm 30 and the amount I've changed as a person over the last decade is wild. My whole value system, who I find attractive, where I want to live, what I want to do with my life ...

Had I settled down early I'd 100% be miserable by now. Carrie is a year younger than I am. I understand the pressure and biological clock but it's no use chasing something that can't (or at least shouldn't) be forced. If you have kids with someone you're tieing yourself to them for life, even if you break up. That's a monumental commitment to consider.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Shadowbanning on IG generally happens when an account or post has been reported a couple of times. I think a few people probably reported the yucky making love video and the account is shadow banned until an IG employee can review to see if he is breaking their terms (I have a friend who works for insta)

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.