Carrie Hope Fletcher #29 Where’s my career? It’s behind you!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think you have to be careful when you say someone looks better without glasses, it's not as if Carrie can help having bad sight! She could try contact lenses but I believe she once said that she couldn't get on with them.
It's all about the style and fit of specs. I think Carrie uses hers like a mask and hides behind them.
But she also said she didn't need to wear glasses all the time but felt like she found herself when she got them (paraphrasing)

Reactions: 6
I feel that Carrie’s mental health has really taken a dive since the beginning of the year. Her recent behaviour is giving me manic vibes (posting nude photos on her professional account, that Insta story today etc). I hope that she is taking time for herself and not getting too caught up in this new relationship. I don’t think she’s very happy at the moment, despite what she’s saying to her followers.
While I do agree she likely is not as happy as she presents I do not agree that these posts point to her being manic, I think I have said before that the nude is fairly established behaviour for her - she has plenty of other posts where she is in her underwear.
I try not to be a prude but I found it unprofessional in the way I have found all of her lingerie shots unprofessional, but lets be real - she did not pull a Britney Spears, EmRata or a Kendall Jenner and bare her nipples or hide her fairy behind an Emoji 🤣 All we really saw was about 3 inches of butt-crack, and the story today is also fairly standard for Carrie (in my opinion!!).
Almost everything she has shared of late has been in a similar vein to what she has shared in the past. She appears to be incapable of any real growth as a person?

Reactions: 7
While I do agree she likely is not as happy as she presents I do not agree that these posts point to her being manic, I think I have said before that the nude is fairly established behaviour for her - she has plenty of other posts where she is in her underwear.
I try not to be a prude but I found it unprofessional in the way I have found all of her lingerie shots unprofessional, but lets be real - she did not pull a Britney Spears, EmRata or a Kendall Jenner and bare her nipples or hide her fairy behind an Emoji 🤣 All we really saw was about 3 inches of butt-crack, and the story today is also fairly standard for Carrie (in my opinion!!).
Almost everything she has shared of late has been in a similar vein to what she has shared in the past. She appears to be incapable of any real growth as a person?
I don't know. I think the story today was quite alarming. But then again she could just be fishing for compliments

Reactions: 3
She probably wants them to see that and be like "oh, she wasn't pleased with that performance, let's give her the job because based on that story she's usually much better!". Also she should be better at dealing with rejection at this point in her career, I'm not saying it's always easy to brush off but she should absolutely be seasoned enough to not share things like that.
That's the thing though, up until now she has been handed everything and always been told how wonderful she is, which she completely believed. Maybe she I'd finally entering the real world

Reactions: 12
I don't know. I think the story today was quite alarming. But then again she could just be fishing for compliments
I believe that is all it was, I took it as her audition went poorly and she saw that as an opportunity to explain herself? I did also wonder if it was meant for her private account, and maybe she is more open and sincere there.
But of course like with everything on here, all we can do is speculate and will likely never truly know 💗

Fuuuuucking hell. What an unprofessional story. She does realize that whoever she auditioned for is going to see that, right?

Anyway, she looks like she's absolutely fuming about something. Guess they didn't fawn over her as much as she expected?

Also - here's a lovely screenshot of her face mid-anger.
Aka my face throughout the entirety of their vacation

Reactions: 1
I also found the audition story deeply unprofessional but also calculated. I think she knows it will be seen by the people she’s just auditioned for in the hope they’ll cut her some slack. She knows she could have done better and now THEY know she knows.
But that's not really how the world works, which of course she doesn't understand that

Reactions: 2
I think you have to be careful when you say someone looks better without glasses, it's not as if Carrie can help having bad sight! She could try contact lenses but I believe she once said that she couldn't get on with them.
It's all about the style and fit of specs. I think Carrie uses hers like a mask and hides behind them.
For me it's all about the style and shape of the glasses for the shape of her face. I think with the RIGHT glasses she'd look quite pretty, but the ones she wears just don't do her any favors imo

Reactions: 8
When he was on Strictly, there was so much flirtatious energy between Tom and his dance instructor, Amy. They were always touching each other, were super giggly together, kept having dance lessons even after he got kicked off the show. She never talked about her fiance, only Tom, for ages. Even stayed with the family for a long time. They both gushed so much about each other for weeks and weeks. Meanwhile, Tom only gives Gi the basic level of content for her birthday/anniversaries, etc. Their eyes would glaze over when looking at each other, Tom would blush in her presence+++
It's been discussed on Tom & Gi's thread. Felt really bad for Gi when it was going on. She ended up being all "The whole Fletcher family loves Amy" to try to save the situation, it seemed. What a prick Tom is. Acts like a hero whenever he has the kids on his own. They're your kids, too, Tom, it's not heroic, it's what you signed up for when you became a dad 🙄
Amy used to be my favourite Strictly pro but i really lost a lot of respect and liking for her during that whole saga. Tom was posting her picking up the kids with him and reading them bedtime stories! I don't like Gi much but I felt sorry for her

Reactions: 12
When he was on Strictly, there was so much flirtatious energy between Tom and his dance instructor, Amy. They were always touching each other, were super giggly together, kept having dance lessons even after he got kicked off the show. She never talked about her fiance, only Tom, for ages. Even stayed with the family for a long time. They both gushed so much about each other for weeks and weeks. Meanwhile, Tom only gives Gi the basic level of content for her birthday/anniversaries, etc. Their eyes would glaze over when looking at each other, Tom would blush in her presence+++
It's been discussed on Tom & Gi's thread. Felt really bad for Gi when it was going on. She ended up being all "The whole Fletcher family loves Amy" to try to save the situation, it seemed. What a prick Tom is. Acts like a hero whenever he has the kids on his own. They're your kids, too, Tom, it's not heroic, it's what you signed up for when you became a dad 🙄
Tom also sung its all about you at amys wedding!! 😬😬😬😬

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
Interesting to look at these videos after the break up. From 7:09, Carrie and Oliver are entering the tour bus, and Carrie tells an anecdote about how she never used to be able to sit in the back of the bus ("because I used to get travel sick, so I had to sit next to the teacher. Isn't that the saddest thing you've ever heard?" - she said, expecting him to find her funny/respond), and it's clear Oliver's just not listening to her at all. Mid-story, he sits down and exhales and is in his own world, completely ignoring her story. I always wondered why she would want to include moments like that in her vlogs, where he didn't care/pay attention to her/what she was saying. Maybe she never noticed.

Reactions: 15
i don’t think this is true - she’s spoken about how not buying a car helped her to afford the deposit on her flat so it sounds like she bought it herself and is paying a mortgage. Let’s not forget she lived at her parents while working full time for a few years, she would probably be able to afford it herself.
Makes sense. Also it never looked like a 'million pound flat' and even the house she's in now didn't cost that! I know she still rents her old flat out so she was lucky to be able to keep that on and buy a house.

Interesting to look at these videos after the break up. From 7:09, Carrie and Oliver are entering the tour bus, and Carrie tells an anecdote about how she never used to be able to sit in the back of the bus ("because I used to get travel sick, so I had to sit next to the teacher. Isn't that the saddest thing you've ever heard?" - she said, expecting him to find her funny/respond), and it's clear Oliver's just not listening to her at all. Mid-story, he sits down and exhales and is in his own world, completely ignoring her story. I always wondered why she would want to include moments like that in her vlogs, where he didn't care/pay attention to her/what she was saying. Maybe she never noticed.

I didn't think there was much wrong with that part but I remember this vlog! Watch from 5:55 instead which is more interesting as he looks bored by her and talks about how he watched two movies on the flight, so clearly chose to ignore her and watch movies instead. He also glances at the camera and looks slightly annoyed at being filmed!

Last edited:
Imagine Carrie having to live without a camera for a month.

Maybe she should try it.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Carrie probably believes she's working class because she went to a private girls college that she REALLY wanted to go to. Tom paid for that. But her grades were mediocre and she dropped out to pursue a career. I don't think she had a lot of friends there either. What a surprise. She probably thought compared to the upper middle class girls she attended with, she was dirt poor.

Tom got a scholarship to Sylvia Youngs but I'm pretty sure Carrie didn't and he also paid for that as well. And it also wouldn't surprise me if he's contributed financially to some of the family holidays.

They do have lower middle class roots but it's never affected Carrie as much as it should because Tom's dipped in his pockets for her so many times.
Carrie didn’t get in to Sylvia Young’s.

Reactions: 5

Interestingly (just because I find it interesting how we can interpret things so differently as people) I don't think it comes across like that at all! He smiles at her, ok he doesn't respond but she cuts the video at the end of sentence anyway so we have no idea if he even responded anyway. I'm not saying they were love's young dream (clearly not) but I honestly didn't read it as him being in his own world at all! A little distracted perhaps, but we're all human.

Reactions: 15
About the sitting in front of the bus , that was Carrie throwing a sob story and looking to be told Oh poor thing, so it makes sense to ignore that. I know that's what I'd do.

Watch from 5:55 instead which is more interesting as he looks bored by her and talks about how he watched two movies on the flight, so clearly chose to ignore her and watch movies instead. He also glances at the camera and looks slightly annoyed at being filmed!
If I heard that right, she mentions that it's a 12 hours and 50 minutes flight. I see nothing wrong with watching a few movies on such a long flight.

I see a tendency to over analyze past footage and look for problems. People don't always have to talk.

I will have a 12 hour flight with my bf whom I love in a few months and I plan on watching movies as well 😆. I even find it disrespectful towards other passengers talking too much on a flight, I know I've hated when people around me have done that.
Imagine having Carrie as a passenger behind you talking 12 hours straight, she's so loud and annoying no amount of earplugs or headphones could drown her out.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.