Carrie Hope Fletcher #25 Joel's snogging makes us sick, when will Carrie get the ick?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Watching her video. Does she think because she was in therapy for a few months she is healed? She said she worked hard on herself for a months and that it “was” amazing. Everything in past sense. She probably stopped therapy once Joel was in the picture :/ and that’s not…good
Edit: probably 4 months since that’s how long she said she went without updating.

Reactions: 12
Watching her video. Does she think because she was in therapy for a few months she is healed? She said she worked hard on herself for a months and that it “was” amazing. Everything in past sense. She probably stopped therapy once Joel was in the picture :/ and that’s not…good
Edit: probably 4 months since that’s how long she said she went without updating.
I dated someone who used relationships as a substitute for therapy and you can just imagine the level of dependence and toxicity. Go back to therapy, Karen, Joel's love isn't a magic cure for your wounded ego and sense of self.

Reactions: 7
Finally made an account to post on here. Hi yall!

Does anyone else get really bad vibes from Joel? There's just something about him that makes me so uneasy. I'm wondering if it's just because his eyes come across quite empty of emotion in pictures, and having only seen him in pictures and his cringe tiktoks...

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but he gives off like massive creep vibes imo - and I felt like this even at the beginning before they started going insane on social media about how much they are in love etc.. D:

Anyone else?

Reactions: 22
Someone in the last thread made an excellent point about people like Carrie, who think ~saying~ all the right things somehow counts as actually doing them.

Her spiel about therapy is her telling her audience (and in particular the hAtErsss) what she thinks they want to hear. Even she knows the optics of jumping into something so intense and OTT with Joel less than 4 months after the end of a 5 year relationship (that she was extremely cut up over and still sadposting about mere weeks ago) reads kind of badly.

So she has to control the narrative and pay lip service to ‘working on identity issues and codepency’ etc - using buzzy words that make her seem self aware. But ultimately we all have eyes and no matter how she tries to spin it, her behaviour is coming off as manic and fairly disingenuous. And this is coming from someone who initially thought, while it seemed a bit quick, maybe being with Joel would be a good move for her. How wrong I was hahaha.

It’s barely been a month, if this really was a fairytale love story where you go on one date and it’s like ‘bam, where have you been all my life??’ Then it would be obvious. It absolutely does happen and life doesn’t occur on a schedule, but that kind of beautiful instant connection between two people is rare. And usually you’d be so happy and wrapped up in each other you wouldn’t have time to constantly post about it online. And it doesn’t make people feel so skeeved out either.

I get why people speculate that it’s because Joel isn’t as classically good looking as some of her exes, but I personally don’t agree. I think it’s because it’s painfully fake as duck! Seeing them lay it on thick for the cameras and cosplay this delusional fantasy narrative (based on childish Disney cartoons) just gives off this intense ‘uncanny valley’ effect. It’s deeply off putting because it makes a mockery of actual love, it’s a saccharine artificial performance.

And ultimately it all ties back to the first point, that Carrie thinks she can just speak whatever she wants into existence through sheer force of will. She has worked on herself and even though she couldn’t bear to be alone for 3 months before jumping into a heavy intense new relationship, she’s actually worked on herself and her identity problems and codependency issues so actually everything is fine folks, nothing to see here!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Someone in the last thread made an excellent point about people like Carrie, who think ~saying~ all the right things somehow counts as actually doing them.

Her spiel about therapy is her telling her audience (and in particular the hAtErsss) what she thinks they want to hear. Even she knows the optics of jumping into something so intense and OTT with Joel less than 4 months after the end of a 5 year relationship (that she was extremely cut up over and still sadposting about mere weeks ago) reads kind of badly.

So she has to control the narrative and pay lip service to ‘working on identity issues and codepency’ etc - using buzzy words that make her seem self aware. But ultimately we all have eyes and no matter how she tries to spin it, her behaviour is coming off as manic and fairly disingenuous. And this is coming from someone who initially thought, while it seemed a bit quick, maybe being with Joel would be a good move for her. How wrong I was hahaha.

It’s barely been a month, if this really was a fairytale love story where you go on one date and it’s like ‘bam, where have you been all my life??’ Then it would be obvious. It absolutely does happen and life doesn’t occur on a schedule, but that kind of beautiful instant connection between two people is rare. And usually you’d be so happy and wrapped up in each other you wouldn’t have time to constantly post about it online. And it doesn’t make people feel so skeeved out either.

I get why people speculate that it’s because Joel isn’t as classically good looking as some of her exes, but I personally don’t agree. I think it’s because it’s painfully fake as duck! Seeing them lay it on thick for the cameras and cosplay this delusional fantasy narrative (based on childish Disney cartoons) just gives off this intense ‘uncanny valley’ effect. It’s deeply off putting because it makes a mockery of actual love, it’s a saccharine artificial performance.

And ultimately it all ties back to the first point, that Carrie thinks she can just speak whatever she wants into existence through sheer force of will. She has worked on herself and even though she couldn’t bear to be alone for 3 months before jumping into a heavy intense new relationship, she’s actually worked on herself and her identity problems and codependency issues so actually everything is fine folks, nothing to see here!
So YEARS ago Carrie did an interview and brought up the subject of Bipolar, I think something along the lines of she was exploring that avenue or something. Nothing more was ever said on the matter. Wondering if that plays a part in all this?

So YEARS ago Carrie did an interview and brought up the subject of Bipolar, I think something along the lines of she was exploring that avenue or something. Nothing more was ever said on the matter. Wondering if that plays a part in all this?
Just re-watched it, "I'm having drs appointments atm because I'm pretty sure I'm bipolar"

Last edited:
Reactions: 1

Just re-watched it, "I'm having drs appointments atm because I'm pretty sure I'm bipolar"
Her brother Tom is bipolar.

Reactions: 2
I’m not saying I’ve spent too much time reading through Cazza’s tattle page but I had a dream that ALW did a production of Beauty and the Beast and i had to go head to head with carrie in an audition and he had a go at her for asking to print off the lyrics to the songs

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Not sure where she's going on holiday but I'm sure it will be somewhere similar to where Oliver has been going and seeing as he posted on his last Q&A all the places he's visited she'll have to top that now by going somewhere other than bloody Disney!
You may have called it. There was a post on the previous thread about Oliver going to Croatia...where are her and Joel going....CROATIA! Also, would you really go abroad with someone you've only been with for a month?

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
oh god. a loooong time lurker drawn out of hiding by her announcement she's coming to croatia because, well, i'm from croatia and i live in one of croatia's most touristy destinations. i swear i don't know how i'll contain myself if i stumble upon the pair of them snogging somewhere in public. i just might puke then and there.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
She's also going to Disney with someone else as their "plus one"

Meaning it's possibly another gifted trip

Also mentioned she starts rehearsals for Witches of Eastwick the day after Cinderella closes so she said she'll have "no time to mourn"
What she really means is that she's not bothered 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Wasn't Oliver supposed to be going to Croatia with the new "gf"? 🙄
From what she posted on her story on Instagram, she went there with her family, not Oliver. I didn’t see him there and I don’t recall him posting he was there or went with her.🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 3
She's also going to Disney with someone else as their "plus one"

Meaning it's possibly another gifted trip

Also mentioned she starts rehearsals for Witches of Eastwick the day after Cinderella closes so she said she'll have "no time to mourn"
What she really means is that she's not bothered 😂
God I hope she isn't friends with Adam Hattan again. If she is a guest on his vlogs the two egos will be intolerable

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.