Carrie Hope Fletcher #2 The Carrie Hope Fletcher Show

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
See, I used to really like her fashion sense a few years ago especially during the Chitty tour. I really liked the floral dresses with the docs or combat boots, I think it was a good look for her.

I'm not sure whether she thought one day that she needed to dress "older" but her style is definitely that of someone who is a lot older which is why I think she looks frumpy as I don't think her style is that of a young woman, it seems a lot older.

However, I'm no psychologist, but I wonder if she dresses this way because she's very insecure nowadays with the way she looks. I am not going to fat shame her at all but she did put a lot of weight on during Addams and I wonder if this still effects her now.

At one point, I would have still defended her and supported her till the end but she has done things that are, in my mind, unforgivable.

I've said this before so I won't try and be a broken record but it's a few things for me that made me dislike Carrie:

- the know-it-all attitude and the way she talks down to people. You call tell by the way she acts that shethinks she's really intelligent and knows more than everyone else (she's a smart girl, there's no denying that) but don't act like you're better than everyone else

- her attacking people in her industry particularly the person she had a pop at regarding the sheet music saga

- being snippy and passive aggressive to anyone who questions her

- not taking constructive criticism well or on board. Getting offended and just blocking people if they disagree with her in any way shape or form

- not wanting to improve herself. Not taking the time to learn sheet music, not learning to be a better a actress or dancer

- being very quick to vilify and accuse people of abuse to the point it could ruin them and their livelihood/careers

- acting like she works super super hard all the time. I have no doubt that she did at one point but when she acts like she's the hardest worker in the world...

That's just to name a few, I don't want to bore people with my extensive list! 😂

For me personally, the way she was with Pete accusing him of abuse and violence was the straw that broke the camel's back. She was so quick to accuse him and then be very vague and sketchy about it. For one, liking people's comments when they asked if it was Pete but not actually explaining or backing it up. Then back tracking later on. I am aware she doesn't owe anyone ANYTHING however, you don't do that. That's so fucked up. She could have ruined him completely and I've often wondered if that's what she was trying to do to get back at him somehow.

I am not victim shaming but the way she handled that situation was appalling. It could well be true but the way she'd speak to him in videos was disgusting and bang out of order. That was only what we saw on camera as well so we can only imagine what she was like behind closed doors.

She appears to have lost a lot of mutual friends after they broke up as well.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adored Carrie at one point and I still watch her old videos. However, I feel like she's just getting worse as time goes on.

We all change and grow but I feel like every since Addams something has changed to the point where I personally don't recognise the girl I once adored and looked up to. It's really saddening.

Well done if you've read this, here's a slice of cake 🎂😂

Reactions: 30
See, I used to really like her fashion sense a few years ago especially during the Chitty tour. I really liked the floral dresses with the docs or combat boots, I think it was a good look for her.

I'm not sure whether she thought one day that she needed to dress "older" but her style is definitely that of someone who is a lot older which is why I think she looks frumpy as I don't think her style is that of a young woman, it seems a lot older.

However, I'm no psychologist, but I wonder if she dresses this way because she's very insecure nowadays with the way she looks. I am not going to fat shame her at all but she did put a lot of weight on during Addams and I wonder if this still effects her now.

At one point, I would have still defended her and supported her till the end but she has done things that are, in my mind, unforgivable.

I've said this before so I won't try and be a broken record but it's a few things for me that made me dislike Carrie:

- the know-it-all attitude and the way she talks down to people. You call tell by the way she acts that shethinks she's really intelligent and knows more than everyone else (she's a smart girl, there's no denying that) but don't act like you're better than everyone else

- her attacking people in her industry particularly the person she had a pop at regarding the sheet music saga

- being snippy and passive aggressive to anyone who questions her

- not taking constructive criticism well or on board. Getting offended and just blocking people if they disagree with her in any way shape or form

- not wanting to improve herself. Not taking the time to learn sheet music, not learning to be a better a actress or dancer

- being very quick to vilify and accuse people of abuse to the point it could ruin them and their livelihood/careers

- acting like she works super super hard all the time. I have no doubt that she did at one point but when she acts like she's the hardest worker in the world...

That's just to name a few, I don't want to bore people with my extensive list! 😂

For me personally, the way she was with Pete accusing him of abuse and violence was the straw that broke the camel's back. She was so quick to accuse him and then be very vague and sketchy about it. For one, liking people's comments when they asked if it was Pete but not actually explaining or backing it up. Then back tracking later on. I am aware she doesn't owe anyone ANYTHING however, you don't do that. That's so fucked up. She could have ruined him completely and I've often wondered if that's what she was trying to do to get back at him somehow.

I am not victim shaming but the way she handled that situation was appalling. It could well be true but the way she'd speak to him in videos was disgusting and bang out of order. That was only what we saw on camera as well so we can only imagine what she was like behind closed doors.

She appears to have lost a lot of mutual friends after they broke up as well.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adored Carrie at one point and I still watch her old videos. However, I feel like she's just getting worse as time goes on.

We all change and grow but I feel like every since Addams something has changed to the point where I personally don't recognise the girl I once adored and looked up to. It's really saddening.

Well done if you've read this, here's a slice of cake 🎂😂
You've hit the nail on the head here. That's the thing, as much as Carrie wants to paint us all as big meanie haters or trolls, most people on here and GG used to be fans of hers.
I loved her stuff for years - bought All I Know Now and my friends and I had even debated overnight bus-ing from Scotland to London to see her in Les Mis - until I came across her thread in late 2015 and it made me realise how much her behaviour had changed and become something I didn't like. I often describe it as that 'glass shattering moment' because it did open my eyes to how much she criticised and attacked others while simultaneously attacking anything vaguely negative that might possibly about her.

I'd normalised so much of it too - to the point I used to tweet using her full name when I was like 16/17 because I knew she was more likely to see that than if you @'ed her, just from how much she searched her name.
Now I do know other creators/bands/brands/etc that do that too but nearly all of the ones I've seen use it to reply to fans/use it to promote themselves positively e.g. responding to 'what happened to x band?' or 'I miss x' with "Hey, we actually have a new album/project/etc! Hope you'll like it!" But with Carrie, it was only ever passive-aggressive likes and replies, which is not only leaves a bad taste for whoever was on the recieving end, but was super disheartening as one of many young fans who would have thrived from just one liked tweet/comment or most basic of polite replies - yet were ignored in favour of liking a random's tweet in a convo to someone else entirely that mentioned her (by, like, initial) being a bit pitchy in one song or something equally minor just to embarrass them 🙄

It's been five years since then and I just find it wild how much I've changed and grown while she just... hasn't. 😕

Reactions: 9
You've hit the nail on the head here. That's the thing, as much as Carrie wants to paint us all as big meanie haters or trolls, most people on here and GG used to be fans of hers.
I loved her stuff for years - bought All I Know Now and my friends and I had even debated overnight bus-ing from Scotland to London to see her in Les Mis - until I came across her thread in late 2015 and it made me realise how much her behaviour had changed and become something I didn't like. I often describe it as that 'glass shattering moment' because it did open my eyes to how much she criticised and attacked others while simultaneously attacking anything vaguely negative that might possibly about her.

I'd normalised so much of it too - to the point I used to tweet using her full name when I was like 16/17 because I knew she was more likely to see that than if you @'ed her, just from how much she searched her name.
Now I do know other creators/bands/brands/etc that do that too but nearly all of the ones I've seen use it to reply to fans/use it to promote themselves positively e.g. responding to 'what happened to x band?' or 'I miss x' with "Hey, we actually have a new album/project/etc! Hope you'll like it!" But with Carrie, it was only ever passive-aggressive likes and replies, which is not only leaves a bad taste for whoever was on the recieving end, but was super disheartening as one of many young fans who would have thrived from just one liked tweet/comment or most basic of polite replies - yet were ignored in favour of liking a random's tweet in a convo to someone else entirely that mentioned her (by, like, initial) being a bit pitchy in one song or something equally minor just to embarrass them 🙄

It's been five years since then and I just find it wild how much I've changed and grown while she just... hasn't. 😕
Thank you!

And I completely agree, it's so disheartening when you discover that the person you idolised for so long is now someone you'd just avoid and no longer want anything to do with.

I was the same, I got my friend to pick up a copy of her book for me and even got it signed as she met her. I was very poorly at the time so I was unable to go but was thrilled! I even tweeted her a message thanking her personally but was devastated when she ignored it but was responding to "hate mail" at the time. It was a gutting blow.

She can absolutely brand us all as meanies and haters but I think she knows herself that's she not as appealling as she once was.

She is so blind to her own privilege and I really think she's let her ego consume her. She is very lucky to be in the position she is but I don't believe she will be in this position forever.

She's getting older and I don't think her channel is getting the same traffic. The fact she's not grabbing everything that's going her way shows to me she is very arognant especially when it comes to the lack of willingness to learn.

She could be a triple threat if she put the work in but chooses not to. To me, she's lazy, entitled and is deluded that she thinks she'll never need to better herself to compete at the top.

Just my two cents though!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
and this is my issue, haters has become a so over used word that its lost its meaning. Haters used to be just keyboard trolls, now if you disagree with someone online then you're a hater. To be a successful influencer you need to treat yourself as a business, and here on this forum alone she has plenty of customers who have stopped engaging with her business and giving reasons why. Yet instead of listening and thinking have I gone in the wrong direction she ignores it. She is getting free customer feedback on here, something businesses often have to pay for.

Reactions: 7
Totally agree. She's a victim of her self made fate. She's brought this on herself.

I think she knows that a lot of the "hate" is valid and as such, she grinds her feet into the ground further - as such appearing a hell of a lot worse.

I still stand by opinion that if it wasn't for Oliver and his 10am every day routine, she'd have knocked the Good Evening, World vids on the head weeks ago!

Totally agree. She's a victim of her self made fate. She's brought this on herself.

I think she knows that a lot of the "hate" is valid and as such, she grinds her feet into the ground further - as such appearing a hell of a lot worse.

I still stand by opinion that if it wasn't for Oliver and his 10am every day routine, she'd have knocked the Good Evening, World vids on the head weeks ago!
She probably would have ditched in about 2/3 weeks in if it weren’t for Oliver. Plus Oliver’s video seems more versatile than Carries.
I’ll admit my opinions on Carrie maybe skewed slightly because I barely use Twitter. I occasionally see her tweets but I hardly ever login and usually hear about her twitter antics through GG or now here. If I saw her Tweets on a regular basis I probably would’ve smashed my head through a wall by now based on what I’ve heard other people see.
I remember her posing as a fan on GG, it’s actually thought she did it twice and was sussed out pretty quickly both times. The first username was Moonscale11 and it was kind of confirmed by the fact that her username on Pottemore was ScaleMoon210. It was also thought that a user called Inkbeam may have been Carrie too. Tbh after the Moonscale thing quite a few people were accused of being Carrie, everyone on the thread went on high alert after that!

Reactions: 2
She probably would have ditched in about 2/3 weeks in if it weren’t for Oliver. Plus Oliver’s video seems more versatile than Carries.
I’ll admit my opinions on Carrie maybe skewed slightly because I barely use Twitter. I occasionally see her tweets but I hardly ever login and usually hear about her twitter antics through GG or now here. If I saw her Tweets on a regular basis I probably would’ve smashed my head through a wall by now based on what I’ve heard other people see.
I remember her posing as a fan on GG, it’s actually thought she did it twice and was sussed out pretty quickly both times. The first username was Moonscale11 and it was kind of confirmed by the fact that her username on Pottemore was ScaleMoon210. It was also thought that a user called Inkbeam may have been Carrie too. Tbh after the Moonscale thing quite a few people were accused of being Carrie, everyone on the thread went on high alert after that!
Yeah, I don't think she did it twice. That whole trend of everyone on guru accusing every other person of being Carrie just because they were being somewhat positive/defending her sometimes, was the most ridiculous, pointless thing to witness.

Reactions: 4
Confirmed today that the cast of Mamma Mia have been "released from their contracts".

If they can't see a way to get that show back on stage any time soon, given it's already made its initial money back over and over, and already been through various iterations of simplification and minimalisation of the set and the band each time it's moved theatres over the years - I'd be imagining Lloyd Webber's investors as getting increasingly more nervous about stumping up for the risky new show that is Cinderella right now. I can easily see that being much further delayed or scrapped altogether. Why would the investors risk their cash on something untested in a climate where the relatively safe long running shows like Mamma Mia and Les Mis are binning themselves off for extended periods.

Reactions: 8
Confirmed today that the cast of Mamma Mia have been "released from their contracts".

If they can't see a way to get that show back on stage any time soon, given it's already made its initial money back over and over, and already been through various iterations of simplification and minimalisation of the set and the band each time it's moved theatres over the years - I'd be imagining Lloyd Webber's investors as getting increasingly more nervous about stumping up for the risky new show that is Cinderella right now. I can easily see that being much further delayed or scrapped altogether. Why would the investors risk their cash on something untested in a climate where the relatively safe long running shows like Mamma Mia and Les Mis are binning themselves off for extended periods.
Where’s that information come from? I can’t find anything about that on google. Not saying that you’re lying just that I can’t find it x

Where’s that information come from? I can’t find anything about that on google. Not saying that you’re lying just that I can’t find it x
Hey I'm not the one who said it but I saw this article:

Reactions: 2
Hey I'm not the one who said it but I saw this article:
Weird it didn’t come up when I was googling- I just didn’t want you thinking I was accusing you of anything. That’s so sad especially when the new cast were put together just before lockdown. I hate it so much!

Btw, did any body else realise that Oliver’s morning video went live at 1am this morning? There’s a bunch of people in the comments saying they felt weird watching at that time and were contemplating waiting. Other people overseas said it worked perfectly for their morning routine lol

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
Anyone see on one of her journal insta lives someone commented there was too much traffic noise... she replied something like "il make sure the cars don't drive past next time ;)'

I mean... isn't that comment the definition of constructive? We cant hear you so filming outside is pointless...

And instead of reacting to that feedback she's just sarcastic and "sassy".

Ugh

Reactions: 17
It’s interesting that most people on here/ GG used to be fans of Carrie. I first came across her when I went to see Les Mis and I thought she was brilliant as Eponine. When I found her Youtube channel and realised she did backstage vlogs, I really enjoyed watching them. I love theatre and it was great to see what it was like to work in the industry. However, her toxic behaviour over the years slowly put me off watching her. I think the straw that broke the camel’s back was when she threatened to sue everyone on GG for talking about her new house lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
It’s interesting that most people on here/ GG used to be fans of Carrie. I first came across her when I went to see Les Mis and I thought she was brilliant as Eponine. When I found her Youtube channel and realised she did backstage vlogs, I really enjoyed watching them. I love theatre and it was great to see what it was like to work in the industry. However, her toxic behaviour over the years slowly put me off watching her. I think the straw that broke the camel’s back was when she threatened to sue everyone on GG for talking about her new house lol.
please tell me that's a joke? she never did?!

please tell me that's a joke? she never did?!
She did threaten GG and said she was in talks with 'her lawyers' regarding defamation and denigration. And then later on said she wasn't going to waste the money on the lawyers and instead was going to spend it on a holiday

• Haha
Reactions: 4
She did threaten GG and said she was in talks with 'her lawyers' regarding defamation and denigration. And then later on said she wasn't going to waste the money on the lawyers and instead was going to spend it on a holiday
Yup. I get that she was freaked out that people found it. The people who found the listing didn't share the address or the link to it, though - or even what they searched to find it. Even if some people on guru kept pestering people to share the link/describe exactly what they searched to find it, I don't think any of them did write it out publically. They just said they got curious about what the inside of her house looked like, and went to a well-known real estate website and guessed enough about location to find it, and figured out which was hers based on the distinct wallpaper.

when what actually happened would have been IF she spoke to lawyers, they would have laughed her out of their office for wasting their time.

Tbh I think she should have been more worried about one of her obsessive super fans finding it rather than people on GG.

“Going to spend it on a holiday” but then went on a gifted (but not disclosed) trip to Disney not long after 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.