Carrie Hope Fletcher #2 The Carrie Hope Fletcher Show

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is the article https://www.google.com/amp/s/happif...-on-rebuilding-and-believing-in-yourself/amp/

This is why I asked her if she had been diagnosed with anxiety because there is a difference between having anxiety and feeling anxious at times.

I get anxious in certain situations like this, I hate asking for help in a shop, making phone calls, I've even lost friends but I feel like messaging them is bothering them so we end up just not talking anymore. I haven't been diagnosed with anxiety, I've never had a panic attack, and I wouldn't say I have anxiety. I think I'm just shy and socially awkward.
People use the word anxiety so freely online now you don't know if they have an anxiety disorder or are just feeling anxious...

Her anxiety has never been mentioned again as far as I am aware, since I'm blocked from her stories! If she had been diagnosed surely it's something she would take about more and use her platform to spread awareness.
I've been diagnosed with Generalised Anxiety Disorder and I don't have panic attacks. I used to think that meant it wasn't a big deal - I was still leaving the house and seeing my friends and holding down a job. But I was so unhappy and it was holding me back in many ways. Life's too short for that and I'm so glad I did get help.

Everyone gets anxious sometimes but if it's a regular thing and costing you friendships then it would be worth seeing what help is out there to help you overcome that. It sounds like this is having an impact on your life and I would encourage you to speak to someone about it xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 7
In a blog post of hers about 2 months after that article came out titled "Enough is Enough" she did mention "I've been in counselling and have been diagnosed with anxiety triggered by work related stress."

Panic attacks are not a requirement for an anxiety diagnosis. I get anxious in all of the same situations as you do as well as a few others and I have been diagnosed with social anxiety (I do very occasionally have panic attacks, but I was diagnosed before those started). It comes down to how distressing those situations are for you and how big the impact is on your life, obviously I can't tell you if you can or can't be diagnosed. But if it causes you distress, if you feel like the fear is excessive, or you go out of your way to avoid those situations then, if you have the ability to, there's no shame in going to a professional.
I wonder why she blocked me after asking about it to then do a blog post? The question wasn't phrased in a nasty way and she could just choose not to answer it.
I stopped following her after I got blocked from seeing her stories because I realised I hadn't enjoyed her content in a while and was sort of hate watching her anyway. I felt better not seeing her annoying stories anyway! She still pops up on my recommended a lot though.

I've been diagnosed with Generalised Anxiety Disorder and I don't have panic attacks. I used to think that meant it wasn't a big deal - I was still leaving the house and seeing my friends and holding down a job. But I was so unhappy and it was holding me back in many ways. Life's too short for that and I'm so glad I did get help.

Everyone gets anxious sometimes but if it's a regular thing and costing you friendships then it would be worth seeing what help is out there to help you overcome that. It sounds like this is having an impact on your life and I would encourage you to speak to someone about it xxx
I actually copied that paragraph from my GG post from the time. It's still all true but some aspects of it have gotten worse since getting pregnant and having my little boy so I am considering getting some advice on it.

I've always been shy and emotional since I was a child and have always been an introvert so I've not seen it as an issue.
I always just think that everyone has anxiety to some extent so just have to get on with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I wonder why she blocked me after asking about it to then do a blog post? The question wasn't phrased in a nasty way and she could just choose not to answer it.
I stopped following her after I got blocked from seeing her stories because I realised I hadn't enjoyed her content in a while and was sort of hate watching her anyway. I felt better not seeing her annoying stories anyway! She still pops up on my recommended a lot though.

I actually copied that paragraph from my GG post from the time. It's still all true but some aspects of it have gotten worse since getting pregnant and having my little boy so I am considering getting some advice on it.

I've always been shy and emotional since I was a child and have always been an introvert so I've not seen it as an issue.
I always just think that everyone has anxiety to some extent so just have to get on with it.
I totally get where you're coming from as I always thought the same too and just thought I should get on with it. I was a very shy anxious introverted teenager and assumed I'd just grow out of it or learn to cope myself.

I eventually sought help in my early 20s as it was just getting worse and I couldn't see any signs it was going to improve. When I spoke to my GP, he pointed out that you can learn to cope with it but you need someone to teach you those tools so that you know how to do it and you're not necessarily going to learn to cope by yourself. He then referred me to have CBT and that helped massively because I know how to deal with the anxiety now and not let it stop me :)

Sorry majorly off topic.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I think she needs a bucket for every time she dropped Micheal Balls name into the video last night! Hard eye roll! And how disingenuous did she sound when saying and Micheal is just the nicest man ever while she clutches her chest! Ugh that was the worst video of hers I’ve seen in a while!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I think she needs a bucket for every time she dropped Micheal Balls name into the video last night! Hard eye roll! And how disingenuous did she sound when saying and Micheal is just the nicest man ever while she clutches her chest! Ugh that was the worst video of hers I’ve seen in a while!
I just watched it - that’s 10 minutes of my life I’ll never get back. It’s basically a 10 minute monologue about herself (Carrie’s favourite subject). And a little bit about Michael Ball and how she’s “chased him through the industry” (weird way of putting it 😂). 🤦‍♀️

• Sick
Reactions: 8
Can't help get the vibe she has (or had) a bit of a crush on Michael Ball. Any pigeon hole to talk about him, she's in there!

Reactions: 1
Can't help get the vibe she has (or had) a bit of a crush on Michael Ball. Any pigeon hole to talk about him, she's in there!
I don't know, I think it's just that he's such a big name and so successful so she's trying to make herself look more successful by bringing up that she knows him!

Reactions: 4
Ah, she had such a glow about her back then, didn’t she? Her hair was a beautiful iconic lion mane and she actually smiled from time to time. Comparison time - Now she‘s just an angry, mousey brown shut-in. Barely recognisable from those days 🙃
Photo on the left looks like someone I would want to say hi to and get to know. The one on ten right I'd cross the road to avoid (the duck pout alone is enough)

The problem is, and this isnt just aimed at Carrie, but influencers/social media stars think they are above everything and mostly have no self awareness. I hate the term 'haters' as now anyone who disagrees with someone is a hater and these social media stars think they can do no wrong. No, you're putting yourself out there, trying to influence people and their lives, you absolutely should (and should expect) to be questioned on things you put out there. Great leaders (that's what influencers are trying to be) lead by example so it is very important to be authentic otherwise people will eventually pick up on it. Too many of them think it's just posting a photo for likes or advertising. They don't get the bigger picture and issues. The public shouldnt just blindly follow people, after all some of them promote (at best) pointless or (at worst) dangerous products/lifestyles.

You want to try and be an online influence, fine, go for it. BUT you have got to expect to be questioned and challenged. You're no better than anyone else.

Also, comments can be invaluable from a business perspective. Views dropping off? not growing your following? maybe listen to what people are saying and consider maybe you are in the wrong

One final thing lol. deleting comments and blocking people to control the narrative just because people disagree with you is what dictators and Donald trump do...

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Photo on the left looks like someone I would want to say hi to and get to know. The one on ten right I'd cross the road to avoid (the duck pout alone is enough)

The problem is, and this isnt just aimed at Carrie, but influencers/social media stars think they are above everything and mostly have no self awareness. I hate the term 'haters' as now anyone who disagrees with someone is a hater and these social media stars think they can do no wrong. No, you're putting yourself out there, trying to influence people and their lives, you absolutely should (and should expect) to be questioned on things you put out there. Great leaders (that's what influencers are trying to be) lead by example so it is very important to be authentic otherwise people will eventually pick up on it. Too many of them think it's just posting a photo for likes or advertising. They don't get the bigger picture and issues. The public shouldnt just blindly follow people, after all some of them promote (at best) pointless or (at worst) dangerous products/lifestyles.

You want to try and be an online influence, fine, go for it. BUT you have got to expect to be questioned and challenged. You're no better than anyone else.

Also, comments can be invaluable from a business perspective. Views dropping off? not growing your following? maybe listen to what people are saying and consider maybe you are in the wrong
Don't you know that everyone who tries to give any form of constructive criticism to Carrie, or disagree with her, or even just let her know when they're not feeling something she's doing (which, if she wants to push her "brand", she NEEDS to hear, not just praise!) then they're just "jealous meanie haters" who wish they could be as beautiful and as successful and talented as she is?

....nah fam, you're good. Begging for freebies, selling out principles for a quick pay out, and knowing that the career that has been purely lucked into is likely going to tank in the next few years? Keep it.

(She got where she is because of Youtube. She got big on Youtube because of Alex Day. Alex Day was only ever interested in the beginning because he realised she has a famous brother. It all comes back to Tom.)

Reactions: 5
Where did you hear about Phantom?

Specific quote from article: 'On top of this, Andrew and I have had to sadly permanently shut down our London and UK touring productions of The Phantom of the Opera, but are determined to bring it back to London in the future.'

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Cameron wants to bring in the scaled back touring version as it's cheaper to run and less royalties to original creative team, and now the key creatives (director, set designer and choreographer) have all died he has the opportunity

ALW tweeted a couple weeks ago he was fighting to bring the original back. as ALW is creator and part producer cameron cant just do what he wants like he does with les mis. I suspect alw has said it's all or nothing. will have to see if they can reach an agreement to bring it back in some form. But Phantom as we know it has closed for good. Phantom is (or was) the highest grossing piece of entertainment in the world so if that cant survive who knows what the future holds.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
It's permanent but I think they want to bring it back at some point it was on sky news..
They'll probably bring in the cheaper altered version. It was sold out when I saw it on a weeknight in January, it makes too much sweet tourist £££ to close completely.

No one faint... it only took roughly four months and her ignoring their email the first time but Carrie is doing a theatre industry lockdown activity! Everyone handles this differently of course and I’m by no means critiquing how she spends her lockdown but it did becomes noticeable, especially when taking her platform into account, that she was in none of the large group videos other shows and musical theatre performers were doing other than her solo baked potato video (I know none of the shows she’s been in have done one but there were still general ones) and for her to then say she didn’t reply to Theatre Cafe’s email for Leave a Light on just left a bad taste in my mouth, guess she eventually replied to something though 🙄 Also love how she’s been doing lockdown videos everyday with Oliver and then the big industry thing she does as a result of lockdown.... is with Oliver

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 4
No one faint... it only took roughly four months and her ignoring their email the first time but Carrie is doing a theatre industry lockdown activity! Everyone handles this differently of course and I’m by no means critiquing how she spends her lockdown but it did becomes noticeable, especially when taking her platform into account, that she was in none of the large group videos other shows and musical theatre performers were doing other than her solo baked potato video (I know none of the shows she’s been in have done one but there were still general ones) and for her to then say she didn’t reply to Theatre Cafe’s email for Leave a Light on just left a bad taste in my mouth, guess she eventually replied to something though 🙄 Also love how she’s been doing lockdown videos everyday with Oliver and then the big industry thing she does as a result of lockdown.... is with Oliver
I wonder if it's because she was previously eligible for furlough pay from Les Mis but now her contract ended as she was due to leave on 25 July and furlough will cost employers more from 1 August so she needs to start looking for other work!

I know actors are normally self employed but I'm not sure what the contracts or payrolls look like for the shows so not sure if she would be eligible or not!

I wonder if it's because she was previously eligible for furlough pay from Les Mis but now her contract ended as she was due to leave on 25 July and furlough will cost employers more from 1 August so she needs to start looking for other work!

I know actors are normally self employed but I'm not sure what the contracts or payrolls look like for the shows so not sure if she would be eligible or not!
Nah actors wouldn’t qualify for it, they’re all self employed (same for Stage Management).

Says a lot the only people who want to work with her are the Theatre Cafe and that’s because they’ve always got their noses jammed up her arse

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.