Carrie Hope Fletcher #2 The Carrie Hope Fletcher Show

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She seems to be drinking lots of poison and expecting everyone else to die.

She's so toxic I find it very difficult to watch her videos and insta stories these days

Reactions: 2
She seems to be drinking lots of poison and expecting everyone else to die.

She's so toxic I find it very difficult to watch her videos and insta stories these days
I love that first, that's so true.

I seemed to remember that she said she had bipolar and after looking into it, I found a video where she talks about having doctors appointments because she suspected it and Tom has it but it wasn't diagnosed.

Has she ever mentioned whether that was diagnosed or not? I feel like it would explain so much.

I've just had an experience working with someone with bipolar and she was on medication but it still had massive effects on everyone around her and some of the more toxic behaviours remind me a lot of Carrie, in terms of her negativity and ego, plus we've all seen her talk without thinking and have to retract things.

This girl had no filter and would say whatever was on her mind even if it was insulting or rude or if it meant interrupting someone, she wouldn't think before she spoke. Every conversation had to be about her even if she had nothing to contribute so she would often interrupt us to change the topic to something completely different so she could talk about herself. She was very negative about everything. She believed that she worked 10x harder than everyone else and would talk about how busy and exhausted she was even when she wasn't as busy as us. She had a giant ego and thought she was an expert on everything and would talk down to or condescend us. She couldn't time manage because in her mind everything was as important as each other and she couldn't distinguish - this isn't something I'd have linked to bipolar but she told me it was and it reminds me of Carrie not being able to finish her books on time.

Carrie really does reflect a lot of those behaviours and it could explain a lot about her. My colleague was so hard to work with despite so many conversations highlighting concerns about her behaviour and so much support from us, I think she needed a lot more professional help to overcome these issues - it would explain why Carrie doesn't seem to have many people in her life as she doesn't seem to be able to overcome these issues either.

Reactions: 1
It's possible for sure, but Tom has it and tbh you'd never know. Maybe he knows to step away from social media during an episode, or he has a better support structure I dont know.

The problem with Carrie is you wouldnt put it past her to say she has it or use it for attention and sympathy. especially as she has an insight into how people who have it behave. If she has been tested and told she doesnt have it then theres no real reason to question that. they don't treat these things lightly

The problem with mental health issues is that there is a lot of overlap with symptoms, pretty much nothing that silkytoes mentioned is unique to Bipolar disorder. Even if she did see a professional and was told she didn't have it that actually doesn't guarantee she doesn't. It is pretty common to be misdiagnosed with mental health issues. Also with bipolar disorder specifically you have to have had a manic or hypomanic episode to receive the diagnosis, it's not uncommon for one to either not be noticed or even for someone to not have one until a bit later.

It's easy to speculate but hard to be right, but regardless of if she has bipolar or something else it really does seem like she could do with a bit more help to regulate and understand herself and her symptoms/behaviors.

The video I watched was from 6 years ago and she said it was undiagnosed but it sounded like that was because she was still going through the process of seeing doctors to get it confirmed, I haven't seen anything else where she mentioned the results of that, which made me wonder.

I agree with above that even if it's not that, she really does need some more help to get herself sorted as if anything, her behaviour has gone more downhill since that video so whatever she was going through 6 years ago to seek help has gotten worse. I don't really remember drama from her in 2014 so I wonder what made her seek the diagnosis.

The video I watched was from 6 years ago and she said it was undiagnosed but it sounded like that was because she was still going through the process of seeing doctors to get it confirmed, I haven't seen anything else where she mentioned the results of that, which made me wonder.

I agree with above that even if it's not that, she really does need some more help to get herself sorted as if anything, her behaviour has gone more downhill since that video so whatever she was going through 6 years ago to seek help has gotten worse. I don't really remember drama from her in 2014 so I wonder what made her seek the diagnosis.

Could you post a link to the video? I feel like I missed this!

Her behaviour, attitude and ego are horrendous.

I still vividly remember her posting on Instagram one time asking people to give her critiques and critism, and to be completely honest about it.

Not even that long later, she posted a story getting very angry at people for doing what she asked. I was still a big fan at the time but was still baffled as to why she was so angry when she'd asked for it? It was weird.

Does anyone else remember this?

Reactions: 3
Could you post a link to the video? I feel like I missed this!

Her behaviour, attitude and ego are horrendous.

I still vividly remember her posting on Instagram one time asking people to give her critiques and critism, and to be completely honest about it.

Not even that long later, she posted a story getting very angry at people for doing what she asked. I was still a big fan at the time but was still baffled as to why she was so angry when she'd asked for it? It was weird.

Does anyone else remember this?

The bit I'm referring is around the 9 minute mark.

I remember that too!

• Heart
She has mentioned mental health a lot and raised money for it etc. over her career so you'd think she'd be more outspoken if she did. She definitely shows characteristics of BPD too but I know that the two conditions can have similar characteristics. We obviously don't know for sure but if she does have a mental health condition and isn't getting help (again we're not sure but she hasn't mentioned anything), it could explain how she seems to be getting worse?

Edit: my ex boyfriend has bipolar and went undiagnosed for a long time and he also got worse over time, so that's why I suggested it

I'm sure if she had been diagnosed we'd have been told! Carrie is Carries favourite topic. She's so self indulgent.

Reactions: 3
She also displays a lot of narcissistic tendencies too. And that's the thing about mental health, it's hard to diagnose but also easy to hide behind

Reactions: 5
I enjoyed her song about her mac! As stupid as the song is she’s obviously got a bit of talent with song writing and just singing casually like that she sounded good!

This makes me sad too. This is the Carrie I loved. She seems relatively sweet, humble and down to earth. Not the snarky, snippy and egotistical girl we know now.

It's like two completely different people.

I feel like her behavior very accurately reflects the shift in our culture from women who have an intense desire to make everyone happy (which is impossible), constantly trying to please others and put one's own feelings in a box, to women who are now staking claim of their identities, sometimes in an incredibly aggressive way. I think the pendulum has swung from an era of very quiet, trying to be sweet and nice women to women who have decided to speak out and fight back, but have gone into aggression/defensive territory. I remember in music school, I had this female conductor who was the nicest person I knew and never gave the orchestra any criticism. When the annual anonymous professor evaluations came around, a lot of people criticized her. They told her that she was too lenient and that they thought that she should raise her standards to make the orchestra perform better. This resulted in her completely changing her approach- she yelled, snipped and berated us at every. single. rehearsal. The band conductor, on the other hand, (different from orchestra) knew that he didn't have to be mean to have high standards. He didn't have to scream and snip to be heard.

I think that that's the stage that Carrie (and a lot of nice women in particular) are going through right now- finding themselves while also being bombarded with a black-and-white mindset. If you're overweight, you need to slim down; if you're skinny, you have no ass and aren't a real woman. If you speak up for yourself, you're a ranging feminist, if you don't, you're a sexist coward. I truly think that Carrie wants people to be happy, so when she sees a negative presence (of any kind- whether or not the criticism is constructive- her first reaction is to demolish it. But that doesn't work- people are rarely evil for the sake of being evil. They act out because of sadness or fear. Bullies are just trying to protect themselves (though this obviously doesn't excuse their behavior).

I think that this is why I don't really understand or necessarily want to be around "nice" people. They have amazing intentions, but in the end, they lack a backbone, and the honesty it takes to assess life situations accurately. So, when they get criticized in any way, they attack you for being "unpleasant." I mean...life isn't "pleasant." It really isn't. It's a mix of good and bad. I think that oppressed groups (woman, POC, LGBTQ+) will eventually find a place on the spectrum of finding themselves where they don't feel like they have to attack in order to be heard. I also think that a very simple reason for Carrie's behavior being interpreted as being so aggressive is that she has a very powerful voice, so when she talks, she just naturally projects and it comes across as quite loud lol

Of course, I could be wrong, these are just my own thoughts, I've really enjoyed hearing everyone else's perspectives.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
i can't find the ref and i might be wrong but I remember her saying she did not have a bipolar disorder, it was her pill making her depressed and it conflicted with her natural happy self or something like that. Might have been on her Tumblr back then

I feel like her behavior very accurately reflects the shift in our culture from women who have an intense desire to make everyone happy (which is impossible), constantly trying to please others and put one's own feelings in a box, to women who are now staking claim of their identities, sometimes in an incredibly aggressive way. I think the pendulum has swung from an era of very quiet, trying to be sweet and nice women to women who have decided to speak out and fight back, but have gone into aggression/defensive territory. I remember in music school, I had this female conductor who was the nicest person I knew and never gave the orchestra any criticism. When the annual anonymous professor evaluations came around, a lot of people criticized her. They told her that she was too lenient and that they thought that she should raise her standards to make the orchestra perform better. This resulted in her completely changing her approach- she yelled, snipped and berated us at every. single. rehearsal. The band conductor, on the other hand, (different from orchestra) knew that he didn't have to be mean to have high standards. He didn't have to scream and snip to be heard.

I think that that's the stage that Carrie (and a lot of nice women in particular) are going through right now- finding themselves while also being bombarded with a black-and-white mindset. If you're overweight, you need to slim down; if you're skinny, you have no ass and aren't a real woman. If you speak up for yourself, you're a ranging feminist, if you don't, you're a sexist coward. I truly think that Carrie wants people to be happy, so when she sees a negative presence (of any kind- whether or not the criticism is constructive- her first reaction is to demolish it. But that doesn't work- people are rarely evil for the sake of being evil. They act out because of sadness or fear. Bullies are just trying to protect themselves (though this obviously doesn't excuse their behavior).

I think that this is why I don't really understand or necessarily want to be around "nice" people. They have amazing intentions, but in the end, they lack a backbone, and the honesty it takes to assess life situations accurately. So, when they get criticized in any way, they attack you for being "unpleasant." I mean...life isn't "pleasant." It really isn't. It's a mix of good and bad. I think that oppressed groups (woman, POC, LGBTQ+) will eventually find a place on the spectrum of finding themselves where they don't feel like they have to attack in order to be heard. I also think that a very simple reason for Carrie's behavior being interpreted as being so aggressive is that she has a very powerful voice, so when she talks, she just naturally projects and it comes across as quite loud lol

Of course, I could be wrong, these are just my own thoughts, I've really enjoyed hearing everyone else's perspectives.
My question for you is, would you hear the nice person if they tried to make a stand in a nice way? If a nice person ‘grows a backbone’ they start to come across as witch. Confident women are constantly called out and there is no middle ground.
I was very quiet at school and my confidence grew as I got older. A lot of people called me a witch when I was just standing up for myself- I wasn’t being mean or a bully,I was just letting my voice be heard.
Carrie goes on the offensive when people criticise her. You can understand why, but at the same time she’s had yes people around her since she was a child. Her brother was a pop star, she was in the West End as a kid and left school at 16 to write a musical with her brother in LA! Can you imagine what she would be like if she’d been through a-levels and University/drama school? Probably a completely different person. If given the same opportunities she may have dropped out of uni to do Les Mis, but it’s interesting to think about how education may have changed her.

Reactions: 10
20200726_172811.jpg

I actually thought this was a relatively nice picture until the comments came up. Why does every reply always sound so condescending? 🙈 Like I don't doubt that's why she's included the 'Haha!' (twice) to make it seem more jovial but it just doesn't ever feel like she's laughing with you 😅

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.