Carrie Hope Fletcher #2 The Carrie Hope Fletcher Show

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She comes across as a teenager who is acting like they think an adult acts. Like shes had sex for the first time and is now all grown up and 'cool' (not saying that's true, just it's that attitude she is putting out). The problem is its actually having the opposite effect

Reactions: 4
I think she speaks like whoever she’s frequently around. So she often speaks like either her boyfriends or her best friend of the month.

Reactions: 3
I think she speaks like whoever she’s frequently around. So she often speaks like either her boyfriends or her best friend of the month.
The thing is Oliver has actually come across really well during their lockdown videos whereas Carrie is still very much Carrie.

Reactions: 6
I agree. I think Addams family was when I personally started to see the biggest change in her. It’s not about her growing up because we all went through that but it’s about a personality change. She is very dismissive, rude and patronising towards not just oli but also others. Is unnecessarily defensive and just seems like a very angry person. She seems angry at the world and I’m not sure why. I miss the old Carrie with the long hair, she was like a breath of fresh air
Exactly this! 🥳

Reactions: 1
I think she sounds a lot different - she's always been shouty in her videos but I actually struggle to get through them now, her voice is very grating, almost sounds strained. There's also a lot more, I don't know how to put this, mouth noise? I can't really handle it...
And whenever she's films herself buying something from a shop she sounds so overly nice that it just comes off fake and patronising (super high loud voice and over annunciation). I've worked in customer service for 5 years and you can tell straight away when someone is being insincere. It's very irritating.

Reactions: 14
She comes across as a teenager who is acting like they think an adult acts. Like shes had sex for the first time and is now all grown up and 'cool' (not saying that's true, just it's that attitude she is putting out). The problem is its actually having the opposite effect
I agree, I find this with her aggressiveness too. It's like she's trying to "clap back" or say something edgy and cool, but it just comes off as rude.

Reactions: 10
And whenever she's films herself buying something from a shop she sounds so overly nice that it just comes off fake and patronising (super high loud voice and over annunciation). I've worked in customer service for 5 years and you can tell straight away when someone is being insincere. It's very irritating.
100% and I wonder if that's why some of us pick up on stuff vloggers do and say and others dont. if you work in customer service and with the public you develop a sixth sense on peoples behaviour and get good at reading people.

Reactions: 6
100% and I wonder if that's why some of us pick up on stuff vloggers do and say and others dont. if you work in customer service and with the public you develop a sixth sense on peoples behaviour and get good at reading people.
Especially knowing how snotty she can get, for example when some coffee shop got her flat white wrong and she kicked off. Again, I think her intention was to sound like a cool coffee-snob who knows it all. However it just came off as mean, entitled and extremely rude.

Reactions: 7
I find it interesting that the opinion on Oliver has changed much in the same way as it did on Pete back then IIRC. In the beginning I found Pete slightly grating, especially with Carrie's insistence on them being this Disney fairytale couple and naming themselves Rapunzel and Flynn, and of course all the book promo with them dressed up as the characters etc. When we got to see more of Pete he came across a lot better, once he was allowed to actually talk. And the same with Oliver: the way she presented him in the beginning of their relationship wasn't exactly flattering, he came across as this weird silent type with a slightly creepy grin. Once she "allows" a boyfriend to be himself in front of HER camera, he usually comes across a lot better than before and....than her.

Reactions: 12
Interesting that someone mentioned her trying to mimic whoever is flavour of the month in her boyfriend/friend circle... I don't think she could pretend to have the personality that Oliver has even if she tried. You can tell that his humour causes her to eyeroll in a kinda motherly (?!) way. She's no longer coy and laughing WITH him. She laughs only AT him. It's the weirdest thing to see play out.

Reactions: 14
she
The thing is Oliver has actually come across really well during their lockdown videos whereas Carrie is still very much Carrie.
This is true, and it has actually made me question my theory. However, I still maintain there is *something* going on, even if it may only be her perception. I’ve noticed her pick up his accent, which doesn’t really have anything to do with personality. And while he seems more polite than her, her insecurities may have gotten the better of her and she tries too hard to impress him. For example suddenly less interested in Disney, the switch from tea to coffee, more of an interest in drinking alcohol etc. She may be mimicking girls she thinks he likes rather than straight up mimicking him. But, personality aside, I think she picked up Alex Days accent when she was with him and possibly a bit of his attitude. Then I think she was highly influenced by Celinde when they worked together as well as Pete.

I wonder now that Oliver is cast in a Disney show her obsession with Disney will be back, or maybe not since Cinderella is not disney.

I wonder now that Oliver is cast in a Disney show her obsession with Disney will be back, or maybe not since Cinderella is not disney.
Lol I saw someone on Reddit arguing that they’re a “Disney couple now” because Cinderella is “always associated with Disney”.

I think even Disney are too aware of how awful Carrie is to have her play a Disney princess. Maybe Drizella or Anastasia 🙄

Urgh! Don't give her ideas! She'll only start singing Once Upon A December again! ;)

(I know you were referring to the step sister but I know what Carrie is like with an association!)
Leave Anastasia out of this! 😂She's not even Disney. And don't even get me started on her 'cover' of the songs from the film.
The lady who has played her in the stage production is incredible.

Reactions: 2
Leave Anastasia out of this! 😂She's not even Disney. And don't even get me started on her 'cover' of the songs from the film.
The lady who has played her in the stage production is incredible.
it’s one of the step-sister’s names in the Disney version of Cinderella, sorry 😂😂 she could NOT pull off THE Anastasia.

Reactions: 2
it’s one of the step-sister’s names in the Disney version of Cinderella, sorry 😂😂 she could NOT pull off THE Anastasia.
She wouldn't be able to do that anastasia, I'm pretty sure it involves ballet I could see someone like celinde to that show though

Carrie wanted so badly to play Anastasia, she even talked about her "dream" (but never mentioned again) to go to Saint Peterburg because she is "obsessed" with the Romanovs, but she was too "broke" to do it (she said while coming for a 2 weeks deluxe trip to WDW) her covers for Journey to the Past were terrible and after her week/month obsession it was NEVER brought up again.

I was lucky enough to see the musical in Broadway days before it closed and Carrie has not the acting rage to pull Anya or the emotional singing. or dancing. Christy also spent close to 1-2 hours on stage door every night except closing night when she was there for 4 HOURS. She was always the last to leave stage door and she took all the time meeting the fans, when she was talking to you you had her full attention.

Anastasia is now Disney with the whole buying fox thingy, but even then I don't think she even has the funny range to play the other Anastasia, the stepsister.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.