Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

majestic26

VIP Member
The song from Cinderella is a bit... middle of the road. It didn't seem to go anywhere? I don't think that's going to draw crowds away from the likes of Frozen.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Ellie_Rose

It’s interesting that most people on here/ GG used to be fans of Carrie. I first came across her when I went to see Les Mis and I thought she was brilliant as Eponine. When I found her Youtube channel and realised she did backstage vlogs, I really enjoyed watching them. I love theatre and it was great to see what it was like to work in the industry. However, her toxic behaviour over the years slowly put me off watching her. I think the straw that broke the camel’s back was when she threatened to sue everyone on GG for talking about her new house lol.

• Haha

Pixie06

VIP Member
Quote "but Potter is not just J K Rowlings creation". Yes it is. Without these books these movies would never have been made. It's like saying Shakespeare's works are not his creation. People put a vision of his work in films, theatre all the time. The films were just a franchised view of her work. Yes lots of talented people worked on HER writing and imagination. If she wants to remove herself from J K Rowlings works then she has to say she is not a Harry Potter fan anymore.

Poothe

VIP Member
I think she needs a bucket for every time she dropped Micheal Balls name into the video last night! Hard eye roll! And how disingenuous did she sound when saying and Micheal is just the nicest man ever while she clutches her chest! Ugh that was the worst video of hers I’ve seen in a while!
I just watched it - that’s 10 minutes of my life I’ll never get back. It’s basically a 10 minute monologue about herself (Carrie’s favourite subject). And a little bit about Michael Ball and how she’s “chased him through the industry” (weird way of putting it 😂). 🤦‍♀️

• Sick

EmCheese

VIP Member
It’s the Edgar stories that irritate me, when I see them I just skip. I’m a cat lover but he’s an average looking cat doing very unremarkable things 🤷🏻‍♀️

Ripley Rose Kat

VIP Member
I thought she co wrote a musical with Tom. No wonder people criticise her when she then can’t read music. A bit like an actor being given a script but can’t read.
Stephen Graham, the actor, suffers from dyslexia and he's stated that his wife reads his scripts for him so he can learn the lines, etc.

He is an amazing actor and despite that obstacle, has done incredibly well regardless. I think he is very inspiring.

Carrie doesn't have an excuse not to learn things. She goes on about how "intelligent" (I vaguely recall her saying she wanted to go to Oxford University if she didn't go into Theatre) so it is just laziness and compliancy.

• Heart

PamSlams

Numbers don’t matter to her but she’s throwing a hissy fit because she’s lost a large amount... grow up.
oh, so THAT is why she posted the side boob tattoo picture the other day! I just checked the number on socialblade and yep. She’s been losing followers quite steadily but that post brought the number up to positive. (For a day.. :ROFLMAO: )

• Haha

FakeSmile

VIP Member
I don't think she cheated but I think meeting Oliver and being attracted to him made her realise that things weren't good between her and Pete.

Then I think her and Ollie just planned on being fuck buddies as a bit of rebound fun but Carrie can't help getting attached and Oli saw the opportunity to get himself out there with the help of Carrie and then they just got comfortable.

I always get the feeling Tom and her family don't like him.
It might just be because I’ve really grown to like Oliver during their lockdown videos, but I’m not so sure anymore that he got seriously involved with Carrie to get himself out there. I think that Carrie got herself attached and then before he knew it, he was in too deep.

Threeeyedraven

VIP Member
Also, I remember distinctly her making a point about how much she likes a Mojito! Also, that happens to people all the time? I love a beer and my partner loves a glass of red with dinner and we always get given the “wrong” drinks, I don’t make a bloody post about it!

• Haha

Margo_Channing

VIP Member
Reasons why Carrie is losing followers, unrelated to her journaling posts:
1) Endless pictures of Edgar despite him having his own IG account
2) Endless selfies/boomerangs with her eyes closed
3) Utterly boring content for weeks on end.
4) she makes everything about her (self inserting)
5) shes always angry about something
6) she tries to get involved with West end stars that actually went to stage school who even now at 30/40/50 years old still go to singing lessons and dance lessons. She can't compare to them

silkytoes

That's so weird to think someone within walking distance of her house has her books. I dunno, that seems weird to me. Imagine if the owner of those books saw her walking by and taking that photo....that would freak you right out!
I remember watching a documentary with JK Rowling where she went back to visit the flat she'd lived in years before - I think this was when she was living in poverty and was a single mum - and the person now living there had the Harry Potter books on their bookshelf and it made her cry. I don't know what my point was, this just made me think of that haha. That must be a really weird feeling seeing your books like that.

So, this mornings video... some valid points were raised. People have a right to curate their social media to what they want it to be, but a lot of what Carrie said seemed hypocritical. She doesn’t really practice what she preaches. She says ‘don’t feed the trolls’ but she does. I’ve seen her argue on social media with people who should just be ignored. She’s even brought attention to the comment of people possibly thinking she’s unprofessional to work with. She says she didn’t answer the question because she didn’t want to bring attention to it but then spoke about it, at length, on a video for the world to see. There were points in the video where I wondered if Ollie was thinking the same thing. It’s one thing to delete a comment accusing you of being a bad singer (he knows his employers have heard him sing and that’s how he got the job) but people thinking you are unprofessional is a very personal thing. If there is anyone out there who does think that of Carrie having worked with her, she may have just opened the floodgates. It’s like when Lea Michele’s cast mates started sharing their stories after one person shared theirs. It only takes one story to give people the confidence to share their own.

• Heart

NoPlates

It's truly disappointing to me how in favor she is of youtubers getting book deals. It's one thing if the youtuber also happens to be a seasoned writer (like Hazel Hayes), or has always dreamed of having literature published, but entirely another if youtubers are given book deals solely because of their audience (aka built in book sales). This is the same reason why it's a little disappointing to me when huge actors from Hollywood (who can't really sing that well) are cast in huge musical films/productions. (Emma Watson in Beauty in the Beast/Cameron Dallas). Though social media is amazing, there are definitely cons to having a built in, warrior audience who will defend anything you do, as opposed to actual, hard earned talent. I have a friend who is an amazing writer (though I may be a little biased lol) and has gotten her books published before, but now her manager is telling her that they won't publish any more of her books until she has to get a certain number of instagram/twitter followers. It's just kind of sad that in order to be a self-employed creative person we have to submit to social media, not matter how harmful to a person's well being that may be. Even more so with vloggers, who are still selling a product, yet the product is themselves. Their own life experiences, decisions, and personality. It's one thing to be constantly criticized on your artistic work, but another to be criticized for who you are as a person. Even though I do agree with a lot of/all of the criticism here, it's no wonder that Carrie takes this criticism personally and reacts as explosively as she sometimes does. The criticism is personal- that's what makes it so hard for her to deal with. Though I suppose that's the cost of fame. Either way, I truly wish her well and hope that she becomes healthier in dealing with her issues.

Alansbigplate

VIP Member
Even the way they sit in these videos makes me think they’re a couple on the outs. There’s no closeness or sexual tension there, it’s like flatmates

kev1974

VIP Member
Confirmed today that the cast of Mamma Mia have been "released from their contracts".

If they can't see a way to get that show back on stage any time soon, given it's already made its initial money back over and over, and already been through various iterations of simplification and minimalisation of the set and the band each time it's moved theatres over the years - I'd be imagining Lloyd Webber's investors as getting increasingly more nervous about stumping up for the risky new show that is Cinderella right now. I can easily see that being much further delayed or scrapped altogether. Why would the investors risk their cash on something untested in a climate where the relatively safe long running shows like Mamma Mia and Les Mis are binning themselves off for extended periods.

Ripley Rose Kat

VIP Member
Yes, I think she probably feels like he's stolen her thunder.

We all know that she loves to be the centre of attention so it's probably bruised her ego.

I'm very happy for Oliver, I wasn't keen at first but he's so hardworking and passionate about what he does, it makes him very likeable. Shame she can't learn a thing or two from him.

notjust_vanilla

Is not actual beer. Is supposly the same they sell at the parks and the studio tour.

I laughed at the “into the unknow is cancelled” becauseI just remember how awful her cover was.
I went to the Harry Potter Studios a few years ago and the butter beer was actually disgusting (and super overpriced) :LOL:

• Haha
I can't help but feel like she's retaliated and only deleted all Pete-ness because he deleted literally everything.

Pure tit for tat manoeuvre.

I really don't think it's anything to do with having memories of him still present on her platform... she kept them there way longer than expected if that is the case.

But hey ho.

Also speaking of age - I'm 32. I look back at my 27 year old self and cringe at some of my decision making. Let's see what becomes of Carrie in 5 years time.