Carrie Hope Fletcher #2 The Carrie Hope Fletcher Show

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She also said the book is finished in one of the stories, so that’s 10,000 words in edits? With the notes from her editor that is fairly easy to fix. Yeah it’s frustrating to lose the work but it’s fixing a few words/sentences here and there, it’s not like she lost a full chunk of story.
I’m 30 and I’ve never in my life *touch wood* lost anything on my laptop/computer while I was writing. Once I got an idea out I would click save and carry on. The fact that she wasted the time of an apple support worker because she didn’t save her work is ridiculous!
On another note, it kind of reminds me of a story Emma Thompson shared on an episode of QI about her screenplay for Sense and Sensibility turning into hieroglyphs on her computer and that she begged Stephen Fry to get it back for her whilst in tears. The panel then joked that Stephen probably just rewrote the whole thing and that Emma would have to give him the Academy Award she won for writing it! Lol

Reactions: 2
I’m sure I’d hate for it to happen to me but I can’t help but laugh at her having a hissy fit over having to rewrite 10,000 words. It’s literally her job and she’s complaining...

Reactions: 4
oh the whole losing 10,000 words, It sucks but she’s acting likes it’s the end of the world, it’s not.
She’s rewriting a story isn’t she? So 10,000 words won’t be that hard

I’m being overly harsh I know

Reactions: 2
I mean, my job involves a lot of writing, I love my job more than most of my hobbies, yet I would absolutely hate to lose work, and even when you think you are being careful with automatic backups, things like that can happen. I'm not going to blame her for being pissed and it seems like she was backing it up online so she did it right.

Reactions: 3
10,000 words is like just 20 pages...like 1/10 of a 200 page book. Why is she this upset lol

The 10,000 words she lost was for the new book she’s mentioned writing, rather than Into the Spotlight - when she started the Insta Q&A she referred to it as the book that is finished, implying that what she lost was something unfinished.

So yeah, she should have checked her backups, but I can understand being upset at losing that much work (regardless of the quality).

Reactions: 1
The 10,000 words she lost was for the new book she’s mentioned writing, rather than Into the Spotlight - when she started the Insta Q&A she referred to it as the book that is finished, implying that what she lost was something unfinished.

So yeah, she should have checked her backups, but I can understand being upset at losing that much work (regardless of the quality).

Ah okay fair enough :) Tbh I would upset too. If she's using word, you can access documents that have been deleted I believe?

honestly, as another novelist, i 1) use special software that backs up automatically and tells me when it's full 2) am manic about saving and saving and saving.
losing 10K is a nightmare, especially if you're at the point where you're really getting into the story.

As usual Carrie acts like the first person who ever lost a document she was working on. Seriously, if that’s the biggest problem she has at the moment then she’s doing pretty well. 10000 words of her crappy writing isn’t the end of world. So what does she do? A Q&A! And interestingly at the very same time the rest of the Heathers cast are trying to fundraisee. Coincidence much? 🤔 She can’t bear to have the spotlight on anyone else for two minutes.
oh hell, this is totally not on! I’ve unfollowed her on everything long time ago so I didn’t know. So not only she didn’t join the Heathers fundraising, didn’t help promote it, she did her own stuff, doing the exact same thing, on the same platform, and at the same time???

that’s just vile. A new level of nastiness even for her. 🤮

Reactions: 8
10,000 words is like just 20 pages...like 1/10 of a 200 page book. Why is she this upset lol
I've just written almost 10k for my thesis I'd be literally devastated if I lost it.

(not that I will cause both of my supervisors have had copies of it but still)

Reactions: 1
does she, and people creating this show tbh, think a sulky doc martin wearing Cinderella is really different or edgy? theres nothing less edgy than someone trying to be edgy

It's like a child trying desperately hard for attention and to show how different and original they are...when in fact they're not doing anything different to many others

Reactions: 14
Travelling Light Theatre Company created a musical version of Cinderella back in 2012 which has has multiple productions and toured during Christmas seasons across the country. It was also nominated for an Olivier Award and got a 4 star review in the Guardian.

It's a really fun, joyful, subversive show! Brilliant original music played entirely by an onstage band who double up as actors. Cinderella is reimagined to be tomboy-ish and feisty, she's kind but she's tough. Her costume includes a bowler hat, a oversized dark dress and...doc martens. The marketing image:
maxresdefault.jpg

Her doc martens are a big part of the show/her character. So it strikes me as so weird when the ALW Cinderella are marketing their show as "Cinderella as you've NEVER seen her before", when a popular and respected show in Theatreland has done something similar (and probably better) very recently.

• Wow
Reactions: 18
nah, she didn't "lose" her work. She's massively behind on deadlines, as per usual because her lazy ass always is, with every "book" she writes, so she's making this public show of "oh no!!! I lost my work!!!" to make it more believable to whoever is holding her to account and is probably getting just as sick of her crap.

Why doesn't she write on GoogleDocs or something that auto-saves every few seconds? There areso many effortless ways to backup as you go, if she's lost anything, it's down to sheer laziness and carelessness.

Reactions: 5
nah, she didn't "lose" her work. She's massively behind on deadlines, as per usual because her lazy ass always is, with every "book" she writes, so she's making this public show of "oh no!!! I lost my work!!!" to make it more believable to whoever is holding her to account and is probably getting just as sick of her crap.

Why doesn't she write on GoogleDocs or something that auto-saves every few seconds? There areso many effortless ways to backup as you go, if she's lost anything, it's down to sheer laziness and carelessness.
I was going to say this...I swear this has happened before when she's writing a book. She "loses her work" and "cries all night". If it happened once you'd think she'd be more cautious. I write everything on Google docs so it all autosaves even if my harddrive dies.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.