Carrie Hope Fletcher #19 No Olivers & No Oliviers.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t believe she actually deleted or privatised the lockdown videos! The only ones she’s left are ones where she is by herself. Is she getting ready to overhaul the channel or is it just closure? Is this the point where she starts leaving random hints in her comments about what happened like she did with Pete?

Reactions: 15
The plus size actors in The Stage article moaning that parts are beyond limited are joking right? Last few years not counting Covid Lizzie Bea, Charlotte Jaconelli and Renee Lamb have not stopped working counting Hairpray, Be More Chill, Heathers, Six, Sweet Charity, Little Shop of Horrors, We Will Rock You to name a few. Hardly ones to be repping and speaking out. I can only think of Hairspray and Heathers with characters traditionally plus size the other roles are pretty fair game for anyone. How are they being limited? Lizzie Bea is going into Sister Act next as Sister Mary Robert which has never been played by anyone above a size 10.
Let’s not add ‘being bigger’ to the list of actual ‘minorities’ where in the past there’s been real discrimination against these groups.

Things are changing in the industry with more roles for minorities - slowly admitted but who would’ve thought we’d have a black Elle Woods a month ago or a trans Morrible in Wicked?

Girls get off your attention seeking soap box and come back to me when you’re really struggling to find roles. Any pretence that you speak for all curvy girls is pretty much blown out of the water when you seem to be cast in consecutive roles.

Unlikely that C will dare jump on this as a previous poster said.

Charlotte Jaconelli quotes from the article.

‘She argued that most roles in the West End now could be played by plus-size actors, citing the examples of Glinda and Elphaba in Wicked, Veronica Sawyer in Heathers and Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Cinderella’.

Had to laugh when I read that. She’s very definitely putting to bed the notion that Carrie is a plus sized actress there as she’s suggesting Veronica and Cinderella could be played by plus sized actors😂

Also laughing at the pic of her wishing ALW happy birthday. Check out the close up of their hands. They’re not actually holding hands. He looks like he’s dragged her onstage 😂

Also see: The First black Christine’s in Phantom, Wednesday in Addams (plus size currently) Marisha Wallace (black and plus sized) going into an old fashioned legit musical like Oklahoma would’ve been unheard of usually. Ali Stroker a wheelchair user Wicked, Oklahoma.
I’m struggling to see where these white able bodied ‘plus sized’ women are coming from.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Only seen a couple of the lockdown videos. It was just her sitting rubbing her feet (🤢) looking bored to death whenever Oliver spoke then when it was her turn, she'd talk just for the sake of talking. She loves the sound of her own voice

Reactions: 9
Just realising that she’s posted a photo of her and Andrew on his birthday an hour before it ends at midnight because he’s reposting his birthday messages...🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I enjoyed the ones about their musical theatre experiences because I find that type of thing interesting.
They never seemed very affectionate with each other though, they came across more as friends than a couple.

Reactions: 8
I enjoyed the ones about their musical theatre experiences because I find that type of thing interesting.
They never seemed very affectionate with each other though, they came across more as friends than a couple.
I think for him definitely she was more like a friend.

I used to laugh whenever they were going on holiday together she would post a photo of him asleep next to her on the flight! He probably used to feign sleep so he didn’t have to listen to her for hours on end!

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I think for him definitely she was more like a friend.

I used to laugh whenever they were going on holiday together she would post a photo of him asleep next to her on the flight! He probably used to feign sleep so he didn’t have to listen to her for hours on end!
Yeah unfortunately I think the relationship was quite one-sided.
Oliver hasn't deleted his videos with her, but he's not very active in YouTube anyway

Reactions: 6
Oliver hasn't deleted his videos with her, but he's not very active in YouTube anyway
Yeah, unfortunately I agree that it was quite one-sided. I always thought it was too some extent, at first I didn’t notice it as much but I think it became more obvious over time. I remember watching the videos of him going to the marathon to see her and her running over to him, saying I love you and him never saying it back. That for me was very telling.

Reactions: 6
He’ll still have money coming in from them and probably more people going back and being nosey now Carrie keeps alluding to him so don’t see why he’d delete them

Reactions: 3
The plus size actors in The Stage article moaning that parts are beyond limited are joking right? Last few years not counting Covid Lizzie Bea, Charlotte Jaconelli and Renee Lamb have not stopped working counting Hairpray, Be More Chill, Heathers, Six, Sweet Charity, Little Shop of Horrors, We Will Rock You to name a few. Hardly ones to be repping and speaking out. I can only think of Hairspray and Heathers with characters traditionally plus size the other roles are pretty fair game for anyone. How are they being limited? Lizzie Bea is going into Sister Act next as Sister Mary Robert which has never been played by anyone above a size 10.
Let’s not add ‘being bigger’ to the list of actual ‘minorities’ where in the past there’s been real discrimination against these groups.

Things are changing in the industry with more roles for minorities - slowly admitted but who would’ve thought we’d have a black Elle Woods a month ago or a trans Morrible in Wicked?

Girls get off your attention seeking soap box and come back to me when you’re really struggling to find roles. Any pretence that you speak for all curvy girls is pretty much blown out of the water when you seem to be cast in consecutive roles.

‘She argued that most roles in the West End now could be played by plus-size actors, citing the examples of Glinda and Elphaba in Wicked, Veronica Sawyer in Heathers and Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Cinderella’.

Had to laugh when I read that. She’s very definitely putting to bed the notion that Carrie is a plus sized actress there as she’s suggesting Veronica and Cinderella could be played by plus sized actors😂

Also laughing at the pic of her wishing ALW happy birthday. Check out the close up of their hands. They’re not actually holding hands. He looks like he’s dragged her onstage 😂

Also see: The First black Christine’s in Phantom, Wednesday in Addams (plus size currently) Marisha Wallace (black and plus sized) going into an old fashioned legit musical like Oklahoma would’ve been unheard of usually. Ali Stroker a wheelchair user Wicked, Oklahoma.
I’m struggling to see where these white able bodied ‘plus sized’ women are coming from.
I’m execting a plus sized trans black person to get a role to tick all the boxes! It seemed odd to me that they spoke out, maybe because they are giving a voice to others but as you say their careers don’t seem to be held back by not being super slim

Reactions: 1
I can’t believe she actually deleted or privatised the lockdown videos! The only ones she’s left are ones where she is by herself. Is she getting ready to overhaul the channel or is it just closure? Is this the point where she starts leaving random hints in her comments about what happened like she did with Pete?
She did the same thing with Alex and Pete, so it’s probably just closure.

I mean....its only very recently that plus size/POC actors have started to get bigger roles traditionally played but slimmer white actors so...I do see where they are coming from?

Reactions: 27
She did the same thing with Alex and Pete, so it’s probably just closure.
Yeah, true and honestly I can’t blame her if that’s the reason why she’s done it. Some people need it for closure, I deleted everything with my ex after we broke up, I didn’t delete everything immediately or all at once it took me a good few months, but it helped give me some closure that I needed to move on and heal from all the pain. Obviously I’m speaking from my own personal experience and I don’t know Carrie’s reasoning behind why she’s done it, but I do get that people need too do things like that for closure, I had to.

Yeah, true and honestly I can’t blame her if that’s the reason why she’s done it. Some people need it for closure, I deleted everything with my ex after we broke up, I didn’t delete everything immediately or all at once it took me a good few months, but it helped give me some closure that I needed to move on and heal from all the pain. Obviously I’m speaking from my own personal experience and I don’t know Carrie’s reasoning behind why she’s done it, but I do get that people need too do things like that for closure, I had to.
Yes I did this too after a break up, it's definitely a healing process.
She just needs to stop with the "seemingly not directed at Oliver but really they are" quotes

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.