Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

sixback

I'm living for the messiness - keep going Carrie!

So weird how everyone on this thread is like "what happened??" then as soon as Carrie discusses the breakup in any kinda way y'all go "shut UP carrie ugh!" 😂 surely a creator being messy and passive aggressive online is gold dust for a gossip site like this?

Reactions: 18

jolene4745

VIP Member
Just saw that Carrie followed Summer Strallen on her Instagram, I wonder why? I know she‘s Oliver’s ex, but I just find it odd that she all of a sudden decides to follow her after they broke up.

• Wow
  • Haha

kev1974

VIP Member
Ditto
Millie, Danielle recently cast in the Cher Show. Gorgeous, curvy gals but with huge talent to back it up. They’re not trying to be spokespeople, they’re letting the talent do the talking, just landing role after role (without famous big brothers, social media followings or stunt casting)
Six is a great example of body diverse casting also

Edit: Cher would’ve been a size 6-8 back in the day and isn’t much bigger now
Exactly, SIX has productions going on all over the world, each making between six and twelve QUEENS (one up from princesses!) if you count the alternates, "super swings" and musicians in each production. And they've made a point all along of casting all different body sizes and races. Sorry Carrie but anything you're trying to claim the champion's crown for in this field has already been done hundreds of times over by Six ...

qwerty92

She’s actually embarrassing herself. She’s going through the ‘anger’ stage of a breakup. Stay off social media when you’re in that stage, trust me. 🤣 Luckily I didn’t have hundreds of thousands of followers so it didn’t really matter but Carrie. Sheesh.

Also, I predict that in her next book she’s going to have a male character who has a line that is a direct quote from Oliver. Then when she’s writing it, she’ll post an Insta story alluding to the fact that there’s a line that was used on her from a real ex-partner and to ‘see if we can spot it’ but never tell us what it actually is. Or she will do a Q&A after it’s published and ask herself a question about that character or line being based on real life events and she’ll answer something cryptic like ‘Yes 👀’ and not say who, knowing we will all assume Oliver. I can really see her doing that.

redcupclo

🤢 What did she even mean? How is SHE a stepping stone? She’s a privileged, middle-class, white woman. There’s a lot of them already playing princesses. What an arrogant thing to say.
She acts like a minority. It’s disgusting. I know she’s probably referencing her size but I wouldn’t call her noticeably plus size (I’m not trying to be rude here, we have very similar body shapes), or maybe she’s referencing the whole qUiRKy personality thing lmao.

Reactions: 17

sixback

I saw Jessie Buckley in Cabaret and her performance of the title song was jaw dropping... The whole audience was stunned and there was a moment of silence before everyone broke into long applause. I'll remember that performance for the rest of my life.

I think the problem is that Cabaret is prohibitively expensive, so there are fewer people to vote for it because the kind of people who have seen it probably don't give a shiz about the WOS awards.

talkinghead

curly hair haver here. you’d be hard pressed to find curly hair that doesn’t have at least a bit of frizz. it takes a deep conditioner and a good gel to tame mine but if i lie on my hair, touch it too much, someone tussles it etc - frizz is inevitable.

Redfloss

VIP Member
She didn't deserve the award considering she has been dipping in and out of the role whenever it suits her, she can't act and it was all voted for by her fans based on her name, not talent .....that being said, I bet she must feel so smug that she won and Oliver didn't

qwerty92

I think she will sell quite a lot of tickets. Her fans are so loyal, she could take a crap in the street and charge them for it and they’d be like ‘Yay fifth time watching Carrie crap in the street, what a QUEEN’

• Haha

Kitt

VIP Member
I do acknowledge that she’s a bigger than a lot of other women in the industry however she’s not getting the roles or winning these awards due to talent. If she was it really would be breaking barriers and paving the way for other big girls in the industry like she’s claiming.

Also, isn’t the girl currently playing Wednesday plus sized and completely amazing? She’s paving the way, she’s rocking the boat. She’s worked hard and got that role on talent regardless of what other girls traditionally look like in that role or in the industry in general. We should be celebrating people like her not Carrie who’s privilege has got her where she is and she’s too self centred to acknowledge it.

Fueislfs

Chatty Member
She’s such a massive oversharer she’s dying to tell everyone exactly what happened in detail but instead she’s sharing not so subtle things like that. She’ll probably write exactly what happened into her next book, if she doesn’t have a few too many drinks and spill all before then 😂

• Haha

Kitt

VIP Member
True, you can judge her however you want and you can say and feel however you want about both of them. That’s totally okay, all I was saying is that I’m not going too say one is more too blame than the other for the breakup, because while yes I see what they say and put online, I don’t know everything that went on during their relationship and during the actual breakup. I’ve thought both of them are insufferable for awhile now, that’s just my opinion. My other point was that no matter who you are, heartbreak is heartbreak, and it sucks. It‘s painful and not fun to go through, and I feel for anyone who’s had to go through it or is currently going through it, whether their insufferable or not, we’re all human. Just my opinion, no one has to agree with it, isn’t that why we’re all here to tell our different opinions freely?
Yeah we get it. Heartbreak sucks. She’s hurting. Of course. Doesn’t mean she has to post everything so publicly to her large following and subtweet her ex with posts aimed at him does it? As she likes to remind us, she’s nearly 30. She’s acting like a teenager.

This is going to sound really harsh.

But if you enter into an entirely consensual relationship where you both are able non-vulnerable adults with independent thoughts and opinions ie there's no manipulation from one partner etc.

And you both know early on you want wildly different things (marriage/no marriage) and choose to stay together? Presumably because you're intending to emotionally twist his arm up his back?

You don't get to act bLiNdSiDeD when shit hits the fan. Like you never saw it coming? Really? Get out.
Absolutely agree. They both may have been relatively young but they certainly were into full adulthood at the start of the relationship. People go on at Oliver for not being as invested but Carrie presumably had been planning to be the one to change his mind on marriage which in my opinion is self centered and quite manipulative. Of course many people don’t see it as manipulation which is fair but it’s my honest opinion. You don’t get to change someone’s mind on a major life decision even if you’re their partner.

amary

Someone has posted the following quote from her new book on Netgalley and I just...

"I have no more fucks to give. My fuck field is barren. My river of fucks has runneth dry. I am fresh. Out. Of. Fucks."

• Haha
  • Wow

ruthg19

To be fair, that colour is absolutely stunning on her. Really brings out her lovely curls as well, which she’s been putting way too much mousse on recently. Glad she’s switched things up a bit.

coffeeandwine

Chatty Member
Indirecting Oliver about their breakup via ‘inspirational’ quotes is surely EXACTLY what she created a private account for, no?? That seems to have gone completely inactive though so I guess it was just more of this type of stuff she was posting when she’d ‘logged off’ from social media
Yeah, I agree. She literally has a finsta. She needs to use that for things like this. You don't see Oliver using his Insta to make vague, passive-aggressive remarks about Carrie. He knows he's an actor who has to use his social media professionally.

This is the problem with Carrie having landed her roles through having a social media following: she still thinks she can treat social media like it's her diary but behaviour like this is why no one will take her seriously as an actress in the long run.

Carries reposts about Ukraine dotted in between story reposts about her pr packages for her book make me feel sick. Like girl now is not the time to repost everytime someone receives the packages your team send out.

Redfloss

VIP Member
I get that tom was doing what any brother in his position would do by posting links to vote for Carrie, and generally being supportive of his sister.....but he could've at least watched Carrie in that role first

• Haha