Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

talkinghead

View attachment 1091490

I've never noticed her monobrow before
This is literally just peach fuzz (which unless you dermaplane, every woman has). I dermaplane but in bright natural light like this you can see little fuzzy hairs on most peoples skin. Don’t think this is really a fair criticism. It’s just hair. Fair enough if it was thick actual eyebrow hairs making a monobrow, but this is just natural.

• Heart
Reactions: 74

Goldeelox

Looking forward to the Eat Pray Love stage of Carrie's life! Maybe she'll meet a sexy, middle-aged divorcee who has nothing to do with her fields of profession, I think that'd be good :)
Well she could do with inspiration for her next book...

Karice Evergreen has it all! She is the most successful West End actress ever. She's just remodelled her London mansion, won best actress for the 12th year in a row, and stolen her neighbour's cat. Everything is great except her boyfriend has just left her. Yes, just like the Evergreen ship that got stuck last year in the Suez Canal, her love life is going nowhere. Throwing seven pairs of Doc Martens and a pair of harem trousers in a suitcase, she jets off to Thailand hoping to gain a fresh perspective on life and becoming unstuck in her heart, just like the Evergreen ship that got stuck and then got unstuck in the Suez Canal last year. She can also talk to animals because magic.

• Haha
Reactions: 65

Carrieisabadwriter

To make it clear, I do not like Carrie at all. But sometimes I feel like we bash a woman about her appearance a bit too much.

• Heart
Reactions: 51

sixback

Oliver is soooo creepy I don't really understand why he would be getting ladies. He reminds me of this creepy puppet from a film I watched at a sleepover when I was a teenager lmao.

1646156507196.png

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I really, really dislike how she's STILL marketing herself as "unconventional". Carrie, you are white, able-bodied, cis, straight, conventionally attractive and rich. You're about as conventional as they come. Being slightly plus size doesn't make you a trailblazer.

Reactions: 36

thisiscat

Chatty Member
Tbh I’m not going to rip into her for winning. This is her moment to enjoy after the breakup. She may not have won it fair and square but she won it- she deserves a bit of happiness after having her heart broken (whether she or Ollie initiated the breakup, she was hurting enough to create a private insta to vent). It’s a What’s On Stage award, it’s hardly the Oliviers. She looks lovely in the photos, her hair looks nice, the dress looks pretty.
Her comments however come from a place of privilege, she is about the same height as me and has a similar body shape. I’m size 12/14. The last time we heard about Carrie talk about her size she claimed to be a 14. She isn’t obese. She may be slightly overweight but at most she’s average. She is not the poster girl for plus size. Body positivity should be for all sizes (not just plus size) and tbh it comes across that Carrie uses the movement to feel better about herself rather than being part of the community. It’s okay to be selfish sometimes, but not when it’s at the expense of others, which is how it is currently coming across.
Beauty and the Beast UK tour currently has a black actress playing Belle. That is diversity.
Beauty and the Beast in Maryland, USA has a queer, plus size, black Belle. That is diversity.
A white, middle class woman playing Cinderella in a production where Cinderella is ‘not like other girls’ is not diversity.
Carrie’s role in Cinderella is not the big deal that ALW and Emerald Fennell have made it out to be. The version of Cinderella they claim to be steering away from is the exact version they have have created. In the original story, Cinderella wanted a night off to go to a party and not be abused. At no point did she try to change for a man. ALWs Cinderella flips the story so that Cinderella goes to the party to tell the Prince that she loves him, in the process turning into everything she hated about the people around her. At the reveal she says ‘I look so much better’ (I haven’t seen the show but that is a quote from the cast recording). Both stories show the Prince falling in love with the person rather than the beauty but ALWs Cinderella has the twist that was never needed.
So yeah Carrie, you won this one. You had a good night and looked lovely but seriously think before you speak! You are not the poster girl for diversity. Stop talking over other people, just listen! It’s not about you. Other people have voices that need to be heard right now. Rather that inserting yourself into a narrative where you don’t belong, listen to other people and help to amplify their voices. It’s not all about you!

Reactions: 34

kev1974

VIP Member
And so Carrie is going on tour......who called it with the single woman and her cat tour?! Smug points to all of you 🤣

Also, the irony of the banner at the top!
Ha ha yes, it was something I put in the poll in post 1 of this thread AS A JOKE CARRIE. YOU WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO ACTUALLY BOOK IT.

1645432021081.png

• Haha
Reactions: 33

Kitt

VIP Member
Fed up of being told what we are and aren’t allowed to say on this thread. Nothing has been offensive today. Most people even agreed she looked nice last night. God forbid someone doesn’t like her hair colour though. A totally fair opinion, how shocking.

• Haha
Reactions: 32

rachsmi

Why? The more blasé we all get talking about therapy the sooner the stigma of it goes. Carrie should probably find a good therapist too. Heck, if I could afford one I'd be in therapy.
It's not destigmatising therapy; that would be her saying casually that she's going to see her therapist or mentioning that she finds it beneficial, not saying that men suck and need therapy. I find it to be an attention seeking dig in regards to her breakup and just personally I don't think this is an appropriate boundary to have with your audience. This is the kind of thing I would share with my friends, not thousands of followers who are potential paying audience members.

Kitt

VIP Member
I’m not sticking up for Carrie here, but she never said she was ‘blindsided’. Someone at the beginning of the last thread claimed she said it, when she didn’t, and people have been quoting it since, as if Carrie said it. She never said she was blindsided. She DID say that the relationship ended suddenly and that she didn’t see it coming. Blindsided means that someone deliberately prevents someone from being able to see the truth. Not the same thing. Let’s not quote people with fake quotes.
I think you’ve created a new definition for blindsided there. You’re right, she never said the word but a relationship ending suddenly and not seeing it coming is being blindsided. Nothing to do with the other person deliberately hiding anything.

If you’re blind sided in American Football it means you’re hit when you don’t see it coming. Same with a car accident.