Carrie Hope Fletcher #14 Hetroflexible with her schedule

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Carrie’s like actually delusional, isn’t she? I made it about a whole three minutes into her new vlog before turning it off. How does she not understand the difference between the Cinderella cast recording being nominated vs CHF being nominated? She appeared on a Grammy nominated album. She, herself wasn’t actually nominated.
i am slightly confused by how the grammy thing works ngl because i remember the cast of the prince of egypt all posting their official nominee plaques on instagram (it looks like you get sent a little medal if you’re nominated) and then the cast of hamilton all received grammy trophies when they won 🤔

the nomination is for the recording itself but, if it wins, carrie and the rest of the cast will officially be grammy winners. it’s how cynthia erivo and ben platt are part of the way to an EGOT.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
i am slightly confused by how the grammy thing works ngl because i remember the cast of the prince of egypt all posting their official nominee plaques on instagram (it looks like you get sent a little medal if you’re nominated) and then the cast of hamilton all received grammy trophies when they won 🤔

the nomination is for the recording itself but, if it wins, carrie and the rest of the cast will officially be grammy winners. it’s how cynthia erivo and ben platt are part of the way to an EGOT.
Yeah that is true, but it's the definition of a participation trophy. It's also why they mean less and less and the EGOT thing has less value. Literally any west end actor could have played her part and they would have been nominated. She's nominated by default, the committee didn't nominate Carrie Hope Fletcher personally.

Reactions: 12
Yeah that is true, but it's the definition of a participation trophy. It's also why they mean less and less and the EGOT thing has less value. Literally any west end actor could have played her part and they would have been nominated. She's nominated by default, the committee didn't nominate Carrie Hope Fletcher personally.
i don’t deny that - her ego is ridiculous and i’m obviously no fan of her but sadly, she’s not incorrect in referring to herself as a grammy nominee (or a grammy winner if a miracle happens and it wins). it’s absolutely a participation trophy but god knows i’d be shouting it from the rooftops too 🤣 her not mentioning the rest of the cast and creatives is classic carrie though.

the EGOT thing is ridiculous now - and it’s crazy to think how many broadway stars are “only” the O away because they get the emmy, grammy and tony from doing one show (ie ben platt). i think they stopped the emmy for best cast performance on a live broadcast (or whatever it was called) though so hopefully it changes soon!

Reactions: 6
i don’t deny that - her ego is ridiculous and i’m obviously no fan of her but sadly, she’s not incorrect in referring to herself as a grammy nominee (or a grammy winner if a miracle happens and it wins). it’s absolutely a participation trophy but god knows i’d be shouting it from the rooftops too 🤣 her not mentioning the rest of the cast and creatives is classic carrie though.

the EGOT thing is ridiculous now - and it’s crazy to think how many broadway stars are “only” the O away because they get the emmy, grammy and tony from doing one show (ie ben platt). i think they stopped the emmy for best cast performance on a live broadcast (or whatever it was called) though so hopefully it changes soon!
Oh look at that. She changed the name to the video. First it was “In My Christmas Pjs”. Now it’s “NoMiNaTeD fOr A gRAmMy?”

lmao she’s so egotistical it’s unreal.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Oh look at that. She changed the name to the video. First it was “In My Christmas Pjs”. Now it’s “NoMiNaTeD fOr A gRAmMy?”

lmao she’s so egotistical it’s unreal.
is she reading here? carrie, are you there?!

it should be “creatives of the show i’m in nominated for a grammy” at the VERY least but, like i said, i can’t say that she’s incorrect - just egotistical 🤣

ngl folks it’s a weak category looking at the nominees (though i love girl from the north country), but new musical recordings were thin on the ground this year.

Reactions: 9
The cast recording section is always pretty much a none event.

I have second hand embarrassment for her. I'd never go on like that if I were her, I've been in award nominated teams before but I'd never say 'i' had been nominated. Have the good grace to be self aware enough to know you haven't been nominated personally

Reactions: 10

I have second hand embarrassment for her. I'd never go on like that if I were her, I've been in award nominated teams before but I'd never say 'i' had been nominated. Have the good grace to be self aware enough to know you haven't been nominated personally
aw, i thought 2020 was a great year (hadestown/moulin rouge/oklahoma etc)! but it really is dependent on the quality of new productions. would cinderella have been nominated in a stronger theatre year? probably not.

she’s that person who takes over any group project isn’t she? she’s the STAR! can’t wait to see her elbow alw out of the way to give HER acceptance speech 🤦🏼‍♀️

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
is she reading here? carrie, are you there?!

it should be “creatives of the show i’m in nominated for a grammy” at the VERY least but, like i said, i can’t say that she’s incorrect - just egotistical 🤣

ngl folks it’s a weak category looking at the nominees (though i love girl from the north country), but new musical recordings were thin on the ground this year.
Yeah, it should’ve been that or “Cinderella’s Nominated for a Grammy?!” Everything always has to be about her though 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 5
She just doesn't seem to have the passion that a lot of actors in the theatre do, like you can tell that they love it and rightly feel really proud to be there. She comes across as the opposite, like she deserves to be there and the theatre is lucky to have her. I saw her in Heather's and imo she isn't terrible or anything, but her persona online etc is really stuck up and ungrateful.

Reactions: 19
She just doesn't seem to have the passion that a lot of actors in the theatre do, like you can tell that they love it and rightly feel really proud to be there. She comes across as the opposite, like she deserves to be there and the theatre is lucky to have her. I saw her in Heather's and imo she isn't terrible or anything, but her persona online etc is really stuck up and ungrateful.
she doesn't come across as someone who genuinely enjoys musical theatre to me AT ALL. i think we talked about it a few pages back but she never seems to go and see shows (despite being in london and having an incredible amount of options) or even show an interest in listening to new things. like you said, it's as if the theatre is lucky to have her and so no effort is really needed. same with her completely lacklustre dancing and poor vocal technique. there's just no real effort there.

Reactions: 16
She wouldn't have the popularity she has online without Tom, which makes me believe that she wouldn't have a career in musical theatre as an adult if it wasn't for him either. Actors study and train for years for these roles and Carrie walks in like she's better than them without any training

Reactions: 17
Same with Youtube. I don't think she understands that her channel is dying. Nobody wants to watch her scream at the camera and flap her hands around. If they do, they're lying and only feeding her ego. I do have to say she's right though. It's not 2012 anymore and she needs to figure out a new way to make videos. The ones she produced (aside from the Marathon one) in the past couple months have been boring as tit.

Reactions: 15
Same with Youtube. I don't think she understands that her channel is dying. Nobody wants to watch her scream at the camera and flap her hands around. If they do, they're lying and only feeding her ego. I do have to say she's right though. It's not 2012 anymore and she needs to figure out a new way to make videos. The ones she produced (aside from the Marathon one) in the past couple months have been boring as tit.
She also has appaling thumbnails

Reactions: 2

I wouldn't have thought that just being one of several vocalists on a Grammy-nominated album would make you a Grammy-nominated singer yourself, but in the vlog she claims they had a letter from the Grammys saying that as a lead vocalist she counts. So if that is true that they got that letter then technically I suppose she is Grammy-nominated.

I would say it is exceptionally tacky to make anything of it though. It's only because Cameron Mackintosh and Andrew Lloyd Webber aren't savvy enough when it comes to social media to realise the truth about her youtube and instagram follower stats, that they've hired her at all.

I see that the ALW Cinderella social media team have been begging for votes in the WOS awards again today ... seems a bit dubious when they can't be arsed to put their show on again until February? As far as I've seen most of the shows are starting up again in the next few days, but not Cindermehla, they're still claiming covid?

Reactions: 11
I'd be curious to know how many youtube subs she's lost over the last couple years

Reactions: 4
Absolutely agree with this! I don’t think she loves theatre that much, if at all. She loves herself, she loves to be the centre of everything and the attention she gets from it at times like this (getting awards and nominations.) When Cinderella closed temporarily last summer she gave it radio silence and didn’t seem bothered until people kept mentioning it. She never sees other shows unless it’s been gifted and she never takes classes or tries to better her craft and increase her chances of getting parts or becoming a more versatile performer. It really frustrates me every time she says she’s not privileged when so many performers who have much more talent, training and passion for performing would do anything to be in her position and yet she’s so entitled.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.