Carrie Hope Fletcher #13 With This Miss(ed Performance)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i’m intrigued as to what role she actually does next (if any). her vocal range is so limited and she doesn’t really have many extra skills dancing or acting wise 🤷🏼‍♀️
We can expect her in regional pantos imminently

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Curious to know what people's opinions are of Oliver on here. Do you think he genuinely loves her? Do you think he's using her?
I think he genuinely loves her.
If he was using her, it would be because he wanted to be “famous” but Oliver seems an under the radar type person with no desire for a social media presence. He wants to do his acting job and that’s it. I see no benefit to social climbing shagging for him so definitely in it because he loves her.

Curious to know what people's opinions are of Oliver on here. Do you think he genuinely loves her? Do you think he's using her?
I believe he genuinely loves her. I think back to the london marathon video. It was so sweet of him to track/find her in between shows and he spoke lovely to her.

Reactions: 12
I think they’re very well suited and are in love but both as bad as each other so…well suited ;)

Reactions: 2
There’s a rumour of Newsies coming in 2022 (dear god yes please that would be an absolute dream) but yet again it’s another female leading lady role in her cast age range… that she can’t do due to an inability to tap dance - yes there are many actresses who can’t and get on fine it’s just a topical example of her main issue

Reactions: 7
There’s a rumour of Newsies coming in 2022 (dear god yes please that would be an absolute dream) but yet again it’s another female leading lady role in her cast age range… that she can’t do due to an inability to tap dance - yes there are many actresses who can’t and get on fine it’s just a topical example of her main issue
i’m just imagining carrie trying to outshine the female support who would probably have more talent and experience than her

Reactions: 3
i’m intrigued as to what role she actually does next (if any). her vocal range is so limited and she doesn’t really have many extra skills dancing or acting wise 🤷🏼‍♀️
If she could get over helself and get some actual basic dancing training, I think she could pull Jane Seymour in SIX quite decently. If she was on just for Jane's song she'd be fine, but the six Queens are onstage the whole show and they have to dance their asses off in all the songs. She is not doing herself any favours.

Reactions: 12
Maybe Sally Bowles? I saw a production of Cabaret yesterday where the character didn’t dance that much. The vocal range isn’t that high so she wouldn’t have to strain her voice too much. Though her belt would need to be better to pull off “Maybe This Time”. That’s the only role I can think of.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 2
If she even thinks about asking for the role of Katherine I will riot! We don't need to hear her crappy kermit the frog impression again

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Maybe Sally Bowles? I saw a production of Cabaret yesterday where the character didn’t dance that much. The vocal range isn’t that high so she wouldn’t have to strain her voice too much. Though her belt would need to be better to pull off “Maybe This Time”. That’s the only role I can think of.
hmmm, acting wise i’m unsure. i was lucky enough to see the current west end version (with eddie redmayne and jessie buckley) a little while back and yes, she doesn’t dance THAT much and you could probably get away with your voice not being amazing but i couldn’t see her pulling off the slightly broken and used by the world aura that you need for sally.

• Heart
hmmm, acting wise i’m unsure. i was lucky enough to see the current west end version (with eddie redmayne and jessie buckley) a little while back and yes, she doesn’t dance THAT much and you could probably get away with your voice not being amazing but i couldn’t see her pulling off the slightly broken and used by the world aura that you need for sally.
It literally was the only role I could think of 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I formed opinions after watching those endless ‘good morning/good evening’ videos - I think he definitely cares for her but I don’t get romance of the century vibes either. He’s undoubtedly benefited from their relationship, the career boost and having a comfortable home stay with easy access to central London. They didn’t have that chemistry/ease with each other on camera that I associate with really loved up/soulmate type couples, speaking purely amount body language and overall vibe - but in reality very few actual couples are like that and it’s fine.

The marriage question is an interesting one because Carrie is definitely someone who would like to be married, she mentioned in one of those aforementioned videos that she always expected to be married by her mid 20s just like her mum and grandmum and she sounded abit wistful. Oliver may very well be uninterested in marriage, it’s hardly an uncommon stance especially nowadays. But there will always be men who say they aren’t interested in marriage but the ‘with you’ part is silent.

Sally Bowles is more of an actress role rather than a singer. Plenty of actresses before (including some of the best regarded) have been actresses who can sing rather than musical theatre actresses. No way in hell could Carrie pull off Sally bowles unless she gets some serious acting lessons

Yeah, no way does Carrie have the acting chops to pull off Sally Bowles. She's a role for serious actresses. She'd do The Face in her audition and never get a callback again.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
If she could get over helself and get some actual basic dancing training, I think she could pull Jane Seymour in SIX quite decently. If she was on just for Jane's song she'd be fine, but the six Queens are onstage the whole show and they have to dance their asses off in all the songs. She is not doing herself any favours.
Please don't put that idea into her head. I do not want her anywhere near Six.
and everyone notices Jane can't dance

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Maybe ALW can do a new reality TV show, 'How do you solve a problem like Carrie' , where she auditions for different roles until they find one that fits

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.