Carrie Hope Fletcher #11 I know i have a career because I was #Gifted it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ya’ll, I asked her since Sophie watched her cover how come she won’t watch Georgina. Wish me luck.
Update: no answer and no block yet. We’ll see if she even does anything with it.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Not everything should be accessible to everyone all the time. The arts- should be accessible, one specific performance - no.

Maybe I’m far too old school but I don’t want to see theatre designed for screens because it’s more profitable. I want it to be kept sacred and special and something you can live once.
Not everything should be accessible to everyone all the time is a VERY privileged way to see life, especially about arts.

What about 3 world countries who have no shows? And for them to see a show you have to leave the country?

Bootlegs are not the solution, professional pro shots are, I saw the Come From Away proshot and it only made me wish I could see the musical live so badly. The Newsies proshot on theaters was usually sold out.

Pro-shots are not the end of the industry but it helps the musical/theater industry to be more accessible, people will pay to watch this shows in a way or another, people buy bootlegs, of course they would paid to see a professional recording of the show and if they could afford it, they would 100% pay to see the show live.

Reactions: 19
UPDATE: She messaged me personally telling me that my questions were very rude and out of place for her page….looks like she can’t handle the hot seat.m
All I asked was that if it’s bad etiquette to watch Georgina, how come Sophie watched her cover in Wicked? And I also asked her why she doesn’t want to learn sheet music considering there’s dozens of videos on YT that teach it for free, since classism was her last response as to why she didn’t learn it.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
UPDATE: She messaged me personally telling me that my questions were very rude and out of place for her page….looks like she can’t handle the hot seat.m
All I asked was that if it’s bad etiquette to watch Georgina, how come Sophie watched her cover in Wicked? And I also asked her why she doesn’t want to learn sheet music considering there’s dozens of videos on YT that teach it for free, since classism was her last response as to why she didn’t learn it.
Christ, messaging you personally is so out of pocket! She could’ve just ignored the question

Reactions: 17
Christ, messaging you personally is so out of pocket! She could’ve just ignored the question
Ikr, like I was very civil, didn't name call or anything. It wasn't even out of line. I just didn't ask "So what's your fav fall color" or whatever she was answering. If she can't handle questions that make her think or take advice that could only help her career, then that's her problem.

Reactions: 10
Jeeeesus she really can't handle criticism can she? I actually feel sorry for her, it must be so exhausting for her to feel the need to argue with people so much. I don't think she will ever grow out of it and that's really sad.

Reactions: 16
Jeeeesus she really can't handle criticism can she? I actually feel sorry for her, it must be so exhausting for her to feel the need to argue with people so much. I don't think she will ever grow out of it and that's really sad.
It reminds me of the episodes in That 70s Show and Freaks and Geeks where the president would do a town hall and everyone had their hard questions prepared, but when they got to the event they were only allowed to ask "What's your favorite parade?" or whatever it was.

To make it even better, I didn't even respond to her message. I just left her on "read". She must be fuming she didn't get a clap back from me.

Reactions: 11
I don't understand how she can not see how contradictory she is. So much of what she says doesn't add up to anyone who follows other actors or has even a small amount of knowledge on theatre

You little just need to put Sophie post (and others) next to Carrie saying you don't watch cover runs and there you have a meme explaining Carrie without words

Reactions: 7
Not everything should be accessible to everyone all the time is a VERY privileged way to see life, especially about arts.

What about 3 world countries who have no shows? And for them to see a show you have to leave the country?
I’m sorry you feel this way. I don’t think we actually disagree that much because you’ve said yourself that bootlegs are not the answer. It’s probably my phrasing.

my point is that the west end/Broadway is meant to be the panicle of that industry. There is plenty of accessibly pricedtheatre in the world. Even third world counties have the arts. Where there are humans, there are creative arts.

Do I think everyone should get to see a west end/Broadway show in their life for free? yes totally. Do I think there should be discounts/free tickets for underprivileged people? Yes.

do I think that people should be entitled to someone’s hard work illegally and for free because they really like it and couldn’t afford to see it another way? No.

someone somewhere has to pay for that labour. Not paying for it is not the answer.

We’ll have to agree to disagree on (non live) proshots. I spent 7 years working on stage specific special effects. Clearly in my mind this is a key part of the theatre experience. Pro shots (and bootlegs) allow this stuff to be unpicked, stolen and recreated in a way seeing it live doesnt. People’s entire careers and livelyhoods are reliant on that stuff not being accessible to everyone. Take the live aspect out theatre and you lose that part of the industry entirely.

Reactions: 3
I think it would do Carrie a world of good to get away from social media 🤦‍♀️ That was a reasonable question, she just can’t stand being called out because she knows she’s wrong.

Reactions: 10
Out of place? You asked her a question about something SHE said that doesn’t seem to be correct!

Reactions: 19
The fact you've posted on here saying you had messaged her about it means she might have seen it as 'bait' (as I do believe she probably checks here if GG was anything to go by) or just otherwise 'hate' by virtue of being on here.

But personally I don't think there's any response you would have gotten (even if you hadn't mentioned it on here) that wouldn't have been her getting mad because we know she views those questions as criticism. And even if you think you've worded them respectfully/civilly, you're still comparing to another performer in some capacity plus also implying she's bad at her craft - at least that's 100% how Carrie will read it, given her track history.
I honestly don't see the point in interacting with her because she always views questions as questioning her/her decisions, even if they're just out of curiosity. (Which I suspect is also why most of her 'interviews' end up being total puff pieces.)

Reactions: 7
So there are aspiring authors out there working themselves to the bone trying to get a book deal but Carrie Pankhurst was just "approached" by an agent to write her shite books by virtue of having a famous brother, which allowed her to piggyback off his fame and develop her own fame and fanbase, making her an ideal ~celebrity author~ shifting copies of absolute drivel.

Reactions: 14
Every time Carrie does a Q and A I ask for advice as I have just self published my own book on Amazon and I ask the same question how to promote or go down the agency way but she never replies

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Every time Carrie does a Q and A I ask for advice as I have just self published my own book on Amazon and I ask the same question how to promote or go down the agency way but she never replies
That's because its not about her. She's literally Gilderoy Lockhart.

The fact you've posted on here saying you had messaged her about it means she might have seen it as 'bait' (as I do believe she probably checks here if GG was anything to go by) or just otherwise 'hate' by virtue of being on here.

But personally I don't think there's any response you would have gotten (even if you hadn't mentioned it on here) that wouldn't have been her getting mad because we know she views those questions as criticism. And even if you think you've worded them respectfully/civilly, you're still comparing to another performer in some capacity plus also implying she's bad at her craft - at least that's 100% how Carrie will read it, given her track history.
I honestly don't see the point in interacting with her because she always views questions as questioning her/her decisions, even if they're just out of curiosity. (Which I suspect is also why most of her 'interviews' end up being total puff pieces.)
That shouldn't matter. Just because they're not fluffy questions doesn't mean she shouldn't answer them. Was it a mistake posting it here? Maybe who knows. She's not gonna respond to criticism which is whack considering she CHOSE a profession where she's going to be subjected to it.

Reactions: 11
oh man getting called "very rude" by Carrie Nope Pankhurst

that is a life achievement.

you are an absolute legend.

Well done.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I dread to think how many fans she’s DM’d thinking they are criticising her or she thinks it’s someone here but it’s actually a fan asking a genuine question. If you don’t like the question Carrie just don’t answer it, your the one asking for the questions 🤨

Reactions: 21
Oh good......the bows are back.

And please Carrie, stop doing that stupid kick! Now Ivan has got in on it too! 🤦🏼🤦🏼🤦🏼

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.