Carrie Hope Fletcher #11 I know i have a career because I was #Gifted it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think bows recording changed after Six, people would usually record bows after they made it a thing.

I think Carrie is also loosing up on bootlegs, which I think actors are starting to do too (but not all of them). is starting to reach the point actors would post pieces of their scenes from bootlegs.

None of this change the fact that Carrie is a hypocrite in a lot of different ways.

Reactions: 9
Actors are incredibly hypocritical when it comes to bootlegs. They moan about filming but they love their performances recorded, especially if at the time they were an understudy or cover.

Reactions: 14
View attachment 809682

Worst "hey Stans it's my birthday soon, send me hugs and likes (and presents)" signposting ever.

Probably fishing for more birthday #gifts from donut time etc as well.

Nobody forgets when their birthday is. You just get past 40 and you kind of forget how many years old you are, that's all.
Carrie and I are actually the exact same age, my 29th is next Friday too. I do forget it’s my birthday coming up sometimes because it’s not important to me at all! Nothing to do with age. But we all know that Carrie loves herself and her freebies far too much to forget her own birthday, this is definitely a fish for gifts.

Reactions: 7
It's kind of sad really, with all her followers and high profile roles the best sponsors she gets is chocolate and donuts

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Both Burr and Laff/Jeff were played by covers when I went last week and they were phenomenal - to the point where with rebooking, I’m hoping to get them again.
They’re so damn good there - I finally got back to see the show on Tuesday and it was the first time the guy playing Hamilton went on. He was like 2nd or 3rd cover? You wouldn’t have known he had never done it before!

Reactions: 6
Missing another show ...

1634241137457.png

😂 😂 Some of her Hopefuls have already leapt straight to her defence in the replies even before anybody's said anything.

A commenter suggests it may mean she's in Magic at the Musicals at the Royal Albert Hall which is the same day. They do list ALW Cinderella as one of the featured shows.

I still don't see why, if it's Cinderella you book for and Cinderella you see ("that's all there is to it" apparently), why she is letting people know in advance; according to her nobody needs this info and yet there she is giving it out. Why?

Plenty of seats available if anybody is now minded to book that performance, now that they know they'll get Georgina not Carrie 😂

1634241553473.png

Reactions: 17
I'd much rather see Georgina or the other understudy than Carrie. I wouldn't want to sit through that again.

Reactions: 13
Missing another show ...

View attachment 810566

😂 😂 Some of her Hopefuls have already leapt straight to her defence in the replies even before anybody's said anything.

A commenter suggests it may mean she's in Magic at the Musicals at the Royal Albert Hall which is the same day. They do list ALW Cinderella as one of the featured shows.

I still don't see why, if it's Cinderella you book for and Cinderella you see ("that's all there is to it" apparently), why she is letting people know in advance; according to her nobody needs this info and yet there she is giving it out. Why?

Plenty of seats available if anybody is now minded to book that performance, now that they know they'll get Georgina not Carrie 😂

View attachment 810580
If she is so unimportant why not get the understudy to perform at the Albert Hall (if that is what she is doing)...oh wait...promotion!

Reactions: 20
If she is so unimportant why not get the understudy to perform at the Albert Hall (if that is what she is doing)...oh wait...promotion!
yep that occurred to me too. If it is Magic at the Musicals then presumably it's been known about for some time. Perhaps Georgina was down to do it and Carrie has thrown a strop and insisted she must do it.

Reactions: 5
That article is spot on 👏🏻

I’m intrigued to see what happens from here for her. She seems to be the reason for her own downfall is so many ways.
She’s her own worst enemy. She doesn’t realize that the people who could potentially employ her are seeing the way she interacts with fans, the way she complains about WEL, and how she handles criticism. She doesn’t realize that she’s painting herself as a diva who’s “difficult to work with”.

I have tickets for Cinderella this Saturdays matinee ( don’t judge! They were booked by a friend before all this crap has gone down!) and now I’m wondering if she’ll even be there!! My friend booked for Carrie so he’ll be disappointed if it’s another no show!

Missing another show ...

View attachment 810566

View attachment 810580
Samantha Barks also posted that she's missing Sundays Frozen performance. Looking likely they're both performing at the Albert Hall.

Reactions: 7
Actors are incredibly hypocritical when it comes to bootlegs. They moan about filming but they love their performances recorded, especially if at the time they were an understudy or cover.
I never understood the “it takes money away from the creators!” stance. If someone isn’t in a country/position where they’re ever going to see the show anyway, watching a recording hasn’t changed that, they’re not buying a ticket either way.
And seeing the odd clip of a show has never made me think “nah not going to bother with this one” - except Cinderella tbh. I’ll go and see a local panto without schlepping all the way to London for one.

Reactions: 18
dear me the way she’s clinging to him 🥴 poor jamie

I never understood the “it takes money away from the creators!” stance. If someone isn’t in a country/position where they’re ever going to see the show anyway, watching a recording hasn’t changed that, they’re not buying a ticket either way.
And seeing the odd clip of a show has never made me think “nah not going to bother with this one” - except Cinderella tbh. I’ll go and see a local panto without schlepping all the way to London for one.
yup this exactly.it’s like how Hamilton has a pro shot but they’re still quick to sell out tickets. If anything it just gets more people interested imo 🤷🏻‍♀️

Attachments

Reactions: 3
sorry to go off topic, but as someone who used to work in the industry I fundamentally disagree with bootlegs.
Even if 9/10 people who watch them aren’t in the position to see the show, there will be 1/10 that could have done and are getting it for free. That adds up. Theatre staff are criminally underpaid as it is and work horrific hours in a very toxic environment. Bootlegs only add to this culture. There is so much intellectual property which gets poached across different shows thanks to bootlegs.

There seems to be a real entitlement now days for west end/Broadway theatre for some reason. No where else to people get the best of the best for free because they wouldn’t of been able to get it any other way.

I love eating out but I can’t afford places like the shard. If I went I’d have to save up for years as a special treat.

there is plenty of good theatre out there at £15 a ticket and local. Bootlegs weren’t even around that long ago, especially when I was growing up because the internet wasn’t a thing/it was better moderated. But now it seems to be accepted as okay.

This.
I have absolutely zero intentions of ever going to the West End to see a show, it’s bad enough going into Birmingham (not like I could afford to anyway) So for me Bootlegs are ideal, also let’s face it. If there were pro shots available for a price (like they did with Hamilton on Disney+) I think the vast majority of people would be happy to pay for a proshot.

Reactions: 6
This is off topic, and he may have actually meant this to be slightly sarcastic, but it does make me chuckle that when asked for a photo for Carrie Ollie went for a Getty images press shot from press night of Back to the Future before lockdown 😂 even his picture from I’m assuming Frozen Press night (it just said press night and the backdrop was blue) was just of him on his own, I think I’ve only seen one very quick shot of the two of them together at Frozen press night in the video the show did but other than that they seem to have spent the night completely apart from each other especially based on Carrie’s video more than anyone else’s 🙃
Isn’t this dress the exact same pattern as the one in her Joanie collection?

edit - aw sorry the pic didn’t attach! It’s on the previous page the photo of her and Oliver a couple of years ago

Reactions: 2
This.
I have absolutely zero intentions of ever going to the West End to see a show, it’s bad enough going into Birmingham (not like I could afford to anyway) So for me Bootlegs are ideal, also let’s face it. If there were pro shots available for a price (like they did with Hamilton on Disney+) I think the vast majority of people would be happy to pay for a proshot.
proshots don’t keep people in jobs. Putting on a show costs so much money. Theatre will cease to exist we turn everything into a pro shot.

yes there is an argument for “I saw the pro shot and it made me want to see the show” but there is also a large amount of people who would have seen it live deciding not to. Or would have only gone once and never seen it live again.

theatre was always intended to be seen live and in person, there are plenty of musical films which already exist on Netflix I don’t know why we have to have the stage stuff available to stream too.

Reactions: 3
sorry to go off topic, but as someone who used to work in the industry I fundamentally disagree with bootlegs.
Even if 9/10 people who watch them aren’t in the position to see the show, there will be 1/10 that could have done and are getting it for free. That adds up. Theatre staff are criminally underpaid as it is and work horrific hours in a very toxic environment. Bootlegs only add to this culture. There is so much intellectual property which gets poached across different shows thanks to bootlegs.

There seems to be a real entitlement now days for west end/Broadway theatre for some reason. No where else to people get the best of the best for free because they wouldn’t of been able to get it any other way.

I love eating out but I can’t afford places like the shard. If I went I’d have to save up for years as a special treat.

there is plenty of good theatre out there at £15 a ticket and local. Bootlegs weren’t even around that long ago, especially when I was growing up because the internet wasn’t a thing/it was better moderated. But now it seems to be accepted as okay.
Also used to work in the industry. Your opinion is valid, as is mine.
The thing is, the way any kind of entertainment media is consumed is changing and industries need to keep up.

An example: if a show is released in the US, but there’s over a year to wait for it to be released in the UK (take Supernatural for example), people *will* find a way to watch it as it’s released in the US (through streaming, VPN access etc), because otherwise there will be no way to avoid spoilers without avoiding their usual internet hangouts.
Then a year and a bit later, the show airs in the UK and ratings are down because a lot of the core viewership have already seen it. Does that make illegal streaming sites ok? No. But it makes it understandable, and the networks could avoid it by adapting as the internet has made global content so much more accessible if someone really wants to see it.

Going back to theatre, they could schedule a live stream, on a platform like StageIt (which some performance venues already do) where people *do* pay a contribution to see the show. I know that a lot of people would be willing to do so, but the travel cost/in-person ticket cost is prohibitive to them. It doesn’t need to be at the start of a run, but if they made it clear like “hey we get that you’ll want to see this show, rather than turning to bootlegs we’re going to be streaming it on XYZ date for a special Theatre At Home experience!”
People can plan and wait to see it “professionally” rather than a shaky iphone footage. Everyone wins. Spotify etc changed completely how music is consumed and piracy dropped considerably when a low cost streaming option was made available.

Will there still be a minority of bootleggers? Yes. Of course. Just like with movies. But with the expense, theatre in particular isn’t really making moves to be accessible and will continue to be seen as a bit elitist if something isn’t done.

Sorry for going off topic. To bring it back to the thread - as we know Carrie would sell her soul for a donut or can of deodorant, I wonder how something like that would go down with her.

proshots don’t keep people in jobs. Putting on a show costs so much money. Theatre will cease to exist we turn everything into a pro shot.

yes there is an argument for “I saw the pro shot and it made me want to see the show” but there is also a large amount of people who would have seen it live deciding not to. Or would have only gone once and never seen it live again.

theatre was always intended to be seen live and in person, there are plenty of musical films which already exist on Netflix I don’t know why we have to have the stage stuff available to stream too.
The way we are consuming media is changing and theatre is a part of that. A couple of years back when David Tennant was playing Richard the 2nd(?) at the RSC they did a special viewing livestream in some cinemas, I saw both the livestream and went to see the actual play twice after.
There is a way to make theatre more accessible, I’m not saying every single show must have a proshot but just disregarding them isn’t going to be feasible in the future.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.