Carrie Hope Fletcher #11 I know i have a career because I was #Gifted it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They're so desperate to convince themselves that she's not a stunt cast it's amazing. They're like "Lot'S oF sHoWs uSe SoCiaL mEdIa" yeah, but most Broadway/West End stars don't have a Youtube channel with hundreds of thousands of subscribers, let alone have a world famous brother. They're delusional if they think she's not a stunt cast.

The real question is why does a 28, almost 29 year old need their mom to defend them on Twitter? I get being a parent of someone in the public eye is hard, but when they're almost 30 you gotta let them figure things out for themselves.

28 DAYS???? 28 DAYS???? 28 DAYS OF HOLIDAY?? I've been at my job for six years so, I'm very grateful and lucky for the two weeks PTO I get. SHE GETS ALMOST A WHOLE MONTH OF VACATION??? FOR A SHOW SHE'S NOT EVEN DOING FOR AN ENTIRE YEAR?? Carrie, honestly you should've left that part out. That made me so angry oml and she has the AUDACITY to be the victim?
I think 28 days annual leave is standard and illegal not to give in full time jobs in the UK plus bank holidays. Not sure where you are but two weeks is very little

Reactions: 29
28 DAYS???? 28 DAYS???? 28 DAYS OF HOLIDAY?? I've been at my job for six years so, I'm very grateful and lucky for the two weeks PTO I get. SHE GETS ALMOST A WHOLE MONTH OF VACATION??? FOR A SHOW SHE'S NOT EVEN DOING FOR AN ENTIRE YEAR?? Carrie, honestly you should've left that part out. That made me so angry oml and she has the AUDACITY to be the victim?
28 days holiday per year is the basic standard in Britain.

Reactions: 15
I think 28 days annual leave is standard and illegal not to give in full time jobs in the UK plus bank holidays. Not sure where you are but two weeks is very little
I'm in America so of course that's why. But still, she should've left that out.

Reactions: 1
You guys get 28 days off?! Holy hell!!! Lucky ducks! We only get 10 days off per year in Canada.

At my old job I worked at for 5 years I didn’t take a single vacation day just because we couldn’t afford it haha. Not a brag at all either, it suuuucked.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
She gets more annual leave than someone working for the NHS (for their first 5 years)

Reactions: 6

Attachments

Reactions: 2
The thing is she's had this attitude for years. I'd argue even as early as her Eponine days with all the stage door kick off, etc (which I do understand she's never obligated to do and it must get repetitive reminding people but she was never consistent between what she'd say vs what she'd show on social media) and similar arguments over not appearing in the shows iirc.

I feel like most productions and her agents etc assume that because she has this big online following, she must then know how to use it better than them. And even if it's not professional or it's rude, it's her 'personal brand' that enough people have obviously stuck by - so why change what 'works'? 🙄
Yep she's always been passive-aggressively defensive. She made a video pre-Eponine days just going on a rant for 5 minutes about how a woman on the tube told her to pick up her coffee cup. Carrie made a whole video about how she WAS JUST ABOUT TO. It goes to show how easy she's had it and how much molly-coddling she's used to. She has to make a huge song and dance EVERY TIME anyone says the slightest thing to her. Most adults don't act like that. It is pathetic.

Reactions: 15
What her mum wrote on Twitter reads like the company manager/producers/whoever decided to have Georgina do the matinee for an unknown reason that had nothing to do with Carrie.
Oooh maybe the show has decided to gently up Georgina's performances, and lose some of Scary's. Since G gets universally good reviews when she performs. Maybe this was a test to see how the public took it, and how Scary took it.

Reactions: 10
Oooh maybe the show has decided to gently up Georgina's performances, and lose some of Scary's. Since G gets universally good reviews when she performs. Maybe this was a test to see how the public took it, and how Scary took it.
Maybe Carrie wants to be fired? I don't have any other explanation for her awful sm behavior. Most actors would probably be fired if they behaved like this on sm. Like who argues with customers? At the end of the day that's what people who come to see the show are.

Reactions: 12
I’m still annoyed they took away school of rock and put Cinderella in. Bring back school of rock

• Heart
Reactions: 16
28 is a lot and definitely not standard. I know plenty of people on less

Reactions: 5
Maybe Carrie wants to be fired? I don't have any other explanation for her awful sm behavior. Most actors would probably be fired if they behaved like this on sm. Like who argues with customers? At the end of the day that's what people who come to see the show are.
I think it must certainly be a possibility by now that she would like to be released from the Cinders contract, it must be killing her to see the success that so many other shows are having, and aside from that Guardian article with Oliver, hers is barely getting a mention now. A new ALW show should have stopped theatreworld dead in it's tracks but instead it's stuff like Anything Goes, Six, and Hamilton that are packing them in.

ALW was her fairy godmother for a while, and all during covid he waved his wand and got her all lined up for the gala ball to bring us all out of isolation, but now the clock is striking midnight, and the magic is wearing off ...

28 is a lot and definitely not standard. I know plenty of people on less
Think 28 generally includes the 8 or so bank holidays doesn't it?

Reactions: 8
Beggy Mope Shirker: She‘ll say we’re trolls but she’s in it for the hols.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.