Carrie Hope Fletcher #11 I know i have a career because I was #Gifted it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They need to stop advertising the show as “STARRING CARRIE HOPE FLETCHER” if people are in fact paying to see the story and not the actors. It’s one or the other, they can’t have it both ways.

Also, I know her bows have been discussed before but I finally realised what it is about them that bugs me. She treats them as an opportunity for the audience to applaud her - which is only part of it. She’s supposed to be thanking the audience (for both watching and handing over money to see it). But the way she does it comes across as smug and not genuinely thanking the audience at all.

Reactions: 20
What is her deal with replying to the tweets saying they were disappointed she wasn’t in the show? Ignore them. It’s not even passive aggressive subtweeting anymore. I saw the tweet she replied to and is referring to. Yes, it was clumsily worded and could have come across better but English could have been that person’s second language? And they are ALLOWED to be disappointed that they didn’t see the person they came for. I don’t remember the lady asking for a refund though?!?
I’ve never known ANYONE in the theatre industry to make such a fuss about it. It’s like she searches for it on purpose.

Reactions: 11
Now i don't know much about the workings of theatre, but she has missed more shows in the past couple of months than i have missed days of work in the past year! Is this normal?
Definitely not normal, leads (especially stunt casts) do generally get a bit more leeway with days off/holidays. But not this much. Some of the best actors and actresses on the west end and broadway would probably never even think to take this much time off, especially this soon in the run.

Reactions: 7
I know of someone who had travelled to see Cinderella from Manchester and she is a massive Carrie fan. Her tweet was sent at 12:30 2 hours before the show so of course people will get annoyed she’s not there. That’s what happens when you put big names in shows
Yeah to be fair, shows shouldn’t be putting actors faces on the side of the theatre. They are advertising the fact that that particular actor is in it and it is a deliberate tactic to sell more tickets. So of course people are going to be disappointed when the person whose face is plastered over the side of the theatre isn’t in it. And yes Carrie has made it clear on her social media when her days off are but not everybody who goes to the West End follows her on social media or looks at everything she posts. She’s so narcissistic.

Went to see Anything Goes at the Barbican last night (and it was absolutely fabulous, from the sets, costumes, orchestrations and acting/singing, but mostly for the choreography, which was simply mind blowing throughout, especially the male dancers in Blow Gabriel Blow and their absolutely flawless timing).

All four headline star names not only turned up, but put in top performances (well Felicity Kendal and Gary Wilmot don't have huge parts to be fair). Take note Carrie! Sutton Foster didn't disappoint and Robert Lindsay is someone I'll watch time and time again on stage, he is always worth the ticket price.

So glad that Cole Porter and the Barbican got my hard earned cash and I didn't waste it on the "moved in more ways than one" show :sick: :ROFLMAO: where you're never sure if the headliners they've sold it on, will even turn up from day to day any more.

Oh and the other notable thing about this production of Anything Goes? It was planned and produced entirely during the pandemic (Ok so I know they just took most of it from the New York production of about 10 years ago). But still none of the ALW drama about covid and running to the press to cry etc. You can see it yourself in cinemas on Nov 28 and Dec 1!

Reactions: 9
Yeah okay it’s not he nicest thing to do but a paying customer has the right to say what they want about a show they paid to see. Most people would just ignore it and get on with the show or might even think they are sad they did get to see me because they are a fan of mine and they are just upset and frustrated, especially as it starring CHF but she’s been off so many times in this show and with her attitude I wouldn’t bother supporting her, there are so many nicer ways to put it just because the person on Twitter is being a dick doesn’t mean she has to be. Just coz she’s said what her days off are doesn’t mean everyone is going to see it or even have social media. All she does is moan

Reactions: 2
Went to see Anything Goes at the Barbican last night (and it was absolutely fabulous, from the sets, costumes, orchestrations and acting/singing, but mostly for the choreography, which was simply mind blowing throughout, especially the male dancers in Blow Gabriel Blow and their absolutely flawless timing).

All four headline star names not only turned up, but put in top performances (well Felicity Kendal and Gary Wilmot don't have huge parts to be fair). Take note Carrie! Sutton Foster didn't disappoint and Robert Lindsay is someone I'll watch time and time again on stage, he is always worth the ticket price.

So glad that Cole Porter and the Barbican got my hard earned cash and I didn't waste it on the "moved in more ways than one" show :sick: :ROFLMAO: where you're never sure if the headliners they've sold it on, will even turn up from day to day any more.

Oh and the other notable thing about this production of Anything Goes? It was planned and produced entirely during the pandemic (Ok so I know they just took most of it from the New York production of about 10 years ago). But still none of the ALW drama about covid and running to the press to cry etc. You can see it yourself in cinemas on Nov 28 and Dec 1!
I saw it in NY back in 2012 and it was phenomenal. Sutton is just pure class! Gutted I’ve not been able to see it here but will definitely be going to the cinema screenings ☺

Yeah okay it’s not he nicest thing to do but a paying customer has the right to say what they want about a show they paid to see. Most people would just ignore it and get on with the show or might even think they are sad they did get to see me because they are a fan of mine and they are just upset and frustrated, especially as it starring CHF but she’s been off so many times in this show and with her attitude I wouldn’t bother supporting her, there are so many nicer ways to put it just because the person on Twitter is being a dick doesn’t mean she has to be. Just coz she’s said what her days off are doesn’t mean everyone is going to see it or even have social media. All she does is moan
Just waiting for the next time she tweets something about some food she’s bought not being nice or being disappointed with a product in general to be able to point out “It’s really bad etiquette to tag a company in your complaints like that, someone worked really hard making X product and just because YOU don’t like it, it doesn’t give you the right to tell them that!”

• Haha
Reactions: 23
What happened that was so dreadful in the morning but fine by afternoon?

Of course people will be disappointed many bought tickets simply for her name. Otherwise whats the point in her being on all the posters and rolled out for promotion?

she’s worded it as if the guy was asking her to refund out of her own pocket as well. Such a manipulator

Reactions: 5
She is rolled out as the big name of the show, does all the tv promo (on her own) to draw in ticket sales and therefore some people will be going because of her. She loves that, she wants to be the star and for people to come solely for her but then when she skives off and people are (justifiably) disappointed she tries to make out like they should just be happy seeing the show and it’s not about her. Can’t have it both ways.

She was scheduled to be in that matinee so something must have happened to announce two hours before she won’t be there

Reactions: 4
They need to stop advertising the show as “STARRING CARRIE HOPE FLETCHER” if people are in fact paying to see the story and not the actors. It’s one or the other, they can’t have it both ways.

Also, I know her bows have been discussed before but I finally realised what it is about them that bugs me. She treats them as an opportunity for the audience to applaud her - which is only part of it. She’s supposed to be thanking the audience (for both watching and handing over money to see it). But the way she does it comes across as smug and not genuinely thanking the audience at all.
Oh, but don't you know, it's considered bad theatre etiquette to be thanking the audience!!!! One never thanks the audience, the bows are an opportunity actors graciously grant the audience to applaud them, and only them (mostly the lead of course) a final time! GOD! How do you not know this?? Did you not pay attention to Carrie Fletcher's Guide to etiquette in musical theatre??

....is what Carrie would say ;-D

• Haha
Reactions: 14
She is rolled out as the big name of the show, does all the tv promo (on her own) to draw in ticket sales and therefore some people will be going because of her. She loves that, she wants to be the star and for people to come solely for her but then when she skives off and people are (justifiably) disappointed she tries to make out like they should just be happy seeing the show and it’s not about her. Can’t have it both ways.
Looking back at the tweets involved from yesterday and today, she could easily have simply ignored the person that said their wife wanted to see her, but I've decided that she deliberately stirs it up because she knows it will trigger 150+ replies from her most dedicated Hopefuls army into replying "aw poor Carrie" and "wow that person is SO MEAN, do people really behave like that" etc. And she totally gets off on that affirmation and the shared pity party. I also think she saw that yesterday's two tweets about it didn't quite get enough traction and that's why she tweeted about it again today, and she's also retweeted a couple of her fellow luvvies into backing her up now.

I'd love to wade in and tweet back that if we should be happy with any performer then ALW ought to take her name and photo off the side of the theatre really, but I know I'd be instantly blocked, and no doubt be the victim of a pileon from her army of stans. Just no point in engaging with her or them.

Just waiting for the next time she tweets something about some food she’s bought not being nice or being disappointed with a product in general to be able to point out “It’s really bad etiquette to tag a company in your complaints like that, someone worked really hard making X product and just because YOU don’t like it, it doesn’t give you the right to tell them that!”
Oh you must. You'll get blocked of course, but it'll be worth it!

Reactions: 10
I’ve never known ANYONE in the theatre industry to make such a fuss about it. It’s like she searches for it on purpose.
You know she searches for it. She doesn’t have anything else better to do with her time.

She was scheduled to be in that matinee so something must have happened to announce two hours before she won’t be there
If it was two hours before the performance than of course people are gonna be angry that she called off. She can’t be upset that people are calling her out especially if she won’t give us a reason why she bowed (haha) out at the last minute. This whole run has been a disaster for her public image. She’s shown herself to be a self absorbed entitled diva.

Last edited:
You know she searches for it. She doesn’t have anything else better to do with her time.
Right?? And how is that possible? How does someone with the jobs like hers have the time and motivation to seek out comments to start another drama and play the victim in yet another self-created outrage?? I'd feel sorry for her that she feels like her life is so unfulfilling and that she's that insecure, but she behaves like an ass, every single time. Insecurity doesnt have to manifest itself in being awful to others. But with Carrie, it always does.

Reactions: 8
I think people are allowed to be disappointed if they booked a show based on the top billed star name and that person was a no show at the last minute. It’s only natural - theatre tickets are expensive on their own before you factor in travel/ hotel costs etc. Not everyone is well off like Carrie.

She makes a big deal out of these tweets but I didn’t see anyone saying anything that bad or disrespectful to the understudy. Think she wanted sympathy and kudos from others.

Reactions: 12
So catching up on this WEL drama I decided to go back and watch some of the older musical examples outside of the theatre I'd seen mentioned.. And well, just with this one example I think maybe this is why she had so little choreography.
A couple of screenshots and timings below, but particularly in the first half of this she seems to be noticeably out a couple of times.

Screenshot_20211010-171031.jpg

2.00 (another example close to this, but again the lady behind her was also slightly out with her)

Screenshot_20211010-170405.jpg

2.34 - Camera cuts away quickly to another actor

Source: youtube

Reactions: 2
I think people are allowed to be disappointed if they booked a show based on the top billed star name and that person was a no show at the last minute. It’s only natural - theatre tickets are expensive on their own before you factor in travel/ hotel costs etc. Not everyone is well off like Carrie.

She makes a big deal out of these tweets but I didn’t see anyone saying anything that bad or disrespectful to the understudy. Think she wanted sympathy and kudos from others.

tat.jpg

She's really selling the show for people.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
Just back from a weekend in London I saw 5 different shows and tbh Cinderella wasn’t even in my mind when I was booking

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.