Carrie Hope Fletcher #11 I know i have a career because I was #Gifted it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah I work with young adults with learning disabilities, it’s a thing 🙂 Not with most people but it’s definitely something I’ve seen. I’m gonna be honest, I never asked why.

I know she can’t help being ill and she definitely shouldn’t go to work with a sore throat (even though we know she often does). But she’s had so many days off now. If she was in a normal job, she’d have had a warning from her boss by now!
Makes me wonder why she’s so able to have time off Cinders but would go through hell and high water to stubbornly perform in any other show even if it meant infecting her colleagues. It was a fear of missing out on a job she loved so maybe Cinderella just isn’t as enjoyable a job. Less friends and a tit role.
They can be prone to wandering off/ absconding when scared. Hi-vis makes them more noticeable.

Wonder if the time off was a genuine sore throat or if it was her not being fully recovered from the marathon…

Reactions: 11
Carrie if you see this, in what world is 5'5" considered tiny? As someone who's 5'1", that's laughable.
I thought 5'5" was average for a British woman. Of course she's making her average height an interesting quirk. She's so desperate to be quirky and different because she knows she lacks personality.

Reactions: 13
I think it's a reference to the seats spinning around the back of the stage and ALW charging £100 or so for the privilege.
Christ if anything that’d put me off buying them seats.

I thought 5'5" was average for a British woman. Of course she's making her average height an interesting quirk. She's so desperate to be quirky and different because she knows she lacks personality.
5’5’ is average, I’m 5’8 and think I’m average height

Reactions: 2
I'm 5ft 5 and yeah not exactly tall especially for a man, I'd never describe it as tiny. Short yeah, not tiny. In fact for a woman I'd say its quite a common height.

The woman is obsessed with being a minority or disadvantaged somehow.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
TW: ED's

Okay, not to change the subject too much but I've been thinking about this for a while. Maybe Carrie posts so much about if it's okay to be plus size (or just heavier in general) in the industry in response to Tom's struggles with ED's? It makes sense since he had a brutal time when Mcfly was first starting out and him being labeled "the fat one" or whatever awful name the "fans" chose. I know it seems like she's insecure (which she very well might be) when she gets on her soapbox, but I honestly think it might be from watching Tom dealing with haters? Idk just my two cents on her constant Q&A's on weight.

Reactions: 3
From what I can gather, she was let go from Heathers under a cloud of “difficult to work with” rumours and then repeated the pattern with Mean Girls (being sent home mid-performance after a falling out with the conductor according to some). She’s also very vocal about not doing stage door at all.
Yup. She wasn't on when I saw Mean Girls but I wasn't fussed.

Reactions: 1
TW: ED's

Okay, not to change the subject too much but I've been thinking about this for a while. Maybe Carrie posts so much about if it's okay to be plus size (or just heavier in general) in the industry in response to Tom's struggles with ED's? It makes sense since he had a brutal time when Mcfly was first starting out and him being labeled "the fat one" or whatever awful name the "fans" chose. I know it seems like she's insecure (which she very well might be) when she gets on her soapbox, but I honestly think it might be from watching Tom dealing with haters? Idk just my two cents on her constant Q&A's on weight.
I don’t think it’s so much about Tom as much as it is her own insecurity.
Carrie isn’t fat by any means, she may not be a size 8 but I would never consider her fat. But people will always find fault with their appearance and then having a public platform will amplify that insecurity. The people that truly hate Carrie will call her fat and of course Carrie has taken that too heart, who wouldn’t? Carrie has that as her cross to bear. She made her weight a central theme to her run in Heathers which I think helped her get it out of her system a bit which right or wrong I think helped her genuinely love her body a bit more.

Last edited:
View attachment 800595High vis jackets are very commonly worn by autistic children/young adults. To say it’s funny seeing someone one wearing one in a theatre is tone deaf, ignorant, pretentious and just plain rude
She’s chatting nonsense too no theatre is letting you take a pizza in. Someone in front of me once got a ham sandwich removed from their bag and told to eat it or bin it

Reactions: 8
She’s chatting nonsense too no theatre is letting you take a pizza in. Someone in front of me once got a ham sandwich removed from their bag and told to eat it or bin it
I had two glass bottles of butterbeer removed from me just last month (got them back after the show)

I once made it into a theatre after two women who had their leftover steak… Just with a warning to not eat it inside. Meanwhile I almost lost my jaffa cakes :(

View attachment 800595High vis jackets are very commonly worn by autistic children/young adults. To say it’s funny seeing someone one wearing one in a theatre is tone deaf, ignorant, pretentious and just plain rude
Duvet and pillows? In a bag small enough to get into a theatre? Getting them out mid-performance?
EcbyCmqX0AAeSaE.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Duvet and pillows? In a bag small enough to get into a theatre? Getting them out mid-performance?
View attachment 801106
a blanket i would understand (i remember going on a school trip once to see the inspector calls at the playhouse theatre in 2017 and i had a blanket in my bag for the bus ride back) but a duvet??? was this person mary poppins???

a blanket i would understand (i remember going on a school trip once to see the inspector calls at the playhouse theatre in 2017 and i had a blanket in my bag for the bus ride back) but a duvet??? was this person mary poppins???
Was probably just one they'd bought before going to the theatre and was still all compressed and wrapped up in its bag but she likes to be dramatic.

I once took two fecking massive boxes of lego I'd just bought at the Leicester Square lego store in to the Arts Theatre (where Six was for a long time pre-covid) which did turn out to be a bit of an embarassing struggle, as they turned out to be bigger than I'd thought when I bought them, and it's not the most spacious of corridors and seats in that theatre :ROFLMAO: . But pre covid and pre bomb bag inspections you could get away with taking big stuff in with you and just pretending to be a dumb tourist.

I sat behind two oafs with full mcdonalds meals once, pretty sure it was the Palladium that let them in with that. It absolutely stunk so there was no way the theatre staff didn't know about it.

I went to see Hamilton tonight (0/10 for leg space in Row A of the Royal Circle, knees very sore) and I cannot get over how professional, immersing, and actually good it was.

Meanwhile with anything Carrie is in, it feels very AmDram and always very aware that it’s *Carrie* on stage, not the character.

Reactions: 15

We meet at Ormson’s workplace, the Theatre Royal Drury Lane – resplendent after a £60m revamp – in the plush “retiring room” that opens on to the royal box. Ormson admires the view; not to be outdone, Fletcher feigns disinterest and bigs up her own venue. The Gillian Lynne theatre has been reconfigured so some rows of Cinderella’s audience are rotated during its grand waltz.

Guess it's a slow news day... also Karen, get your dirty boots off the couch!

• Sick
Reactions: 21
Made me laugh how it says Oliver is from a working class family up north and would struggle to afford train tickets to London to audition and Carrie is also from a working class family, a family which could afford multiple trips to Florida most years…

Reactions: 36
Rumour has it that Cinderella will close in the West End late next Summer and go to Broadway. ALW reckons it will do better over there.......don't think so buddy!

Reactions: 13
‘Not to be outdone’

Yep, that’s our Karen.

Failed to mention how they were both in relationships when they met though didn’t they.

Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.