Carrie Hope Fletcher #11 I know i have a career because I was #Gifted it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Interesting…. For anyone interested Sophie Evans who is current principle Glinda in Wicked just posted this, instantly took me back to Carrie’s take that “no one watches their covers, not even their cover run, I swear”… yeah Carrie sure 👀

I love Sophie!!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Interesting…. For anyone interested Sophie Evans who is current principle Glinda in Wicked just posted this, instantly took me back to Carrie’s take that “no one watches their covers, not even their cover run, I swear”… yeah Carrie sure 👀
I hope someone mentions this when she next does a Q&A!

Reactions: 6
Carrie's full of crap and she knows it.

Reactions: 10
Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t she also say something about how a lead watching a cover is too much pressure for the cover?? Lol. Didn’t know that the leads actually take notes on the cover run. She was talking tit. And what a vile ego too. If I were Georgina, I don’t think I’d be intimidated by Carrie the Face™️ Fletcher lol.

Reactions: 21
Sorry if someone has already shared this but just had this suggested this morning...
Screenshot_20211014-081256_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Sorry if someone has already shared this but just had this suggested this morning...
View attachment 809556
Tide seems to be turning against her a bit. She should never have responded. This would never have ended up in the media if she had ignored the messages.

Now cinderella has a reputation of am unreliable lead

Reactions: 30
Money is what this all comes down to in the end. Take the Les Mis all star concert. If I had paid over a hundred quid on one ticket to see the all star concert and all the advertised stars were off I likely would have been fuming (and there was a night during the run where the majority of those stars were off on one night).
Basically if the producers are going to use the names to increase the ticket price they should expect a paying audience to be angry when the name isn’t there.
I know my family paid a lot of money to see Whoopi Goldberg in Sister Act at the Palladium in 2010 (it was incredible by the way). A week after the show we saw, Whoopi pulled out of the run to go back to her dying father in the States. She did actually come back a few months later to honour her commitment to the show- though I would’ve completely understood if she didn’t- and it was all handled really well by the theatre and it’s team.
The theatre world has been pricing the average joe out of tickets for years because they know some people will still pay the prices even if they are extortionate. But when they are putting celeb names on to advertise the show, and the name ends up not being there, well- people will pay more money to see their idols and favourites so don’t be surprised when people do pay the extra and don’t get what they thought they were paying for and end up complaining. The customer service industry has been telling people the customer is always right for years, despite the face to face workers knowing that’s not true in the slightest!
Of course Carrie would never understand this because she’s never had a normal job, less a customer service based job.

Reactions: 14
I think that Carrie went wrong in not appearing for the matinee, but then performing during the evening. Of course, we don’t know why, but instead of leaving it to the management of the theatre to address she could not resist wading in. Initially people may have had some sympathy, but unfortunately she resorts to being rude to people.
She then encourages other MT names to comment, mostly in support of her.
She does need to be careful. Audiences are very happy that theatre is back, and give their support to productions such as Cinderella. However what Carrie doesn’t seem to understand is that what audiences give, they can also take away!

Reactions: 14
Carrie says you come to see the show not her, but then she continually posts only her bows in her stories on Instagram.
Really rubs me the wrong way. If she really believed people came to see the show, she would be supporting the other cast and alternatives by promoting them as well, not just her smug self.

Reactions: 29
Carrie is used to being in the YouTube community and being able to get into Twitter arguments. Now she is representing a brand new ALW show (as is everyone who is in the cast in case she reads this and gets pissy - if you work for a company, you represent them, whether it’s theatre, retail, catering, etc). she is in a position where she needs to be professional and because she hasn’t learnt that yet, people are now noticing that this adult, professional actress who is no longer a teenager is throwing hissy fits online and arguing with fans. She wouldn’t realise that the way you act online can impact your career because she’s never had a ‘normal’ job where behaving like that can get you fired. I work for a care company who just fired someone who worked in the office in HR because they found her public Twitter where she was moaning about her work hours and she also used an ableist slur (not in relation to any clients at work but still obviously not okay). If Carrie worked as a sales assistant for Tesco for example, and she was publicly arguing on social media with customers who were making complaints, she would immediately be fired. No question. Even if she only had 1 follower, she would be fired. As she is representing the company and she is arguing with paying customers which is extremely bad for business. That is EXACTLY what she is doing only in a different industry. How she hasn’t been fired yet is beyond me.

Reactions: 21
Just thought about the fact that with her posting all the Cinderella bows video to her instastories- that means that Carrie spends quite a long time scrolling through her own hashtag to find them and post them! Narcissistic much?

• Sick
Reactions: 24
1634204591757.png

Worst "hey Stans it's my birthday soon, send me hugs and likes (and presents)" signposting ever.

Probably fishing for more birthday #gifts from donut time etc as well.

Nobody forgets when their birthday is. You just get past 40 and you kind of forget how many years old you are, that's all.

Reactions: 27
Carrie often says on her Instagram that she IS Cinderella (post Disney merch, all the bows, signs off post as from Cinderella) but then gets mad at people when they point out that she wasn’t Cinderella when she was meant to be when they came to see the show. They when she tries to defend herself she goes for the old ‘I’m just a cog in the machine’ defence. She can’t have her cake and eat it too.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Her view of bowing is weird, right? I thought the point of the bow was to thank and show reverence to the audience? They clap to show appreciation for the performers, like a mutual thanking sort of thing?

QEII doesn’t bow to people who see her to bask, they bow to her out of respect 😂

Reactions: 11
By saying that watching the show is too much pressure for an alternate/cover/swing, she’s essentially implying that she thinks she’s better than them at the role, or that it’s “her” role and they should be nervous seeing her play it?

She’s such a hypocrite when things don’t go her way.

Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.