Carrie Hope Fletcher #11 I know i have a career because I was #Gifted it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That article is spot on šŸ‘šŸ»

Iā€™m intrigued to see what happens from here for her. She seems to be the reason for her own downfall is so many ways.

Reactions: 12
I donā€™t know if Iā€™ll be able to find it now as I donā€™t have twitter anymore but Iā€™ll try and find it later and link it but I once saw a tweet from a girl during Carrieā€™s Les Mis days and she was understandably annoyed because when the cast change happened she wasnā€™t sure about going to see it as tickets were so expensive and she wasnā€™t a big fan of Carrie. Carrie wasnā€™t tagged in this but had been searching her own name as usual so saw these tweets and tweeted her basically saying why not come to see the show first before judging her and then this girl kept getting attacked by her minions! Sheā€™s incredibly unprofessional and I hope other people are starting to notice it.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
This is off topic, and he may have actually meant this to be slightly sarcastic, but it does make me chuckle that when asked for a photo for Carrie Ollie went for a Getty images press shot from press night of Back to the Future before lockdown šŸ˜‚ even his picture from Iā€™m assuming Frozen Press night (it just said press night and the backdrop was blue) was just of him on his own, I think Iā€™ve only seen one very quick shot of the two of them together at Frozen press night in the video the show did but other than that they seem to have spent the night completely apart from each other especially based on Carrieā€™s video more than anyone elseā€™s šŸ™ƒ

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I guess Miss Honey is still the only one but sheā€™s still got a hefty emotional backstory behind her and Iā€™d hate to see ā€œMy Houseā€ shouted through šŸ¤¦šŸ½ā€ā™€ļø
That wouldn't be at all pleasant, it's not really a role where Carrie could just play herself again. Although I question how much she would want to do Matilda given that it's a show people generally go to out of fondness for the novel/movie and to see the children perform, not so much because of her

Reactions: 7
Officially decided not to pre-book Cinderella for my upcoming London trip. We might decide while we're there to go to a matinee if we can get a good deal but not a priority. Bit of a mix of me not being a Carrie fan (my friend sadly is though) and really not hearing positive things about the show at all. If anything, the recent drama has made me want to go even less.

Reactions: 9
This is off topic, and he may have actually meant this to be slightly sarcastic, but it does make me chuckle that when asked for a photo for Carrie Ollie went for a Getty images press shot from press night of Back to the Future before lockdown šŸ˜‚ even his picture from Iā€™m assuming Frozen Press night (it just said press night and the backdrop was blue) was just of him on his own, I think Iā€™ve only seen one very quick shot of the two of them together at Frozen press night in the video the show did but other than that they seem to have spent the night completely apart from each other especially based on Carrieā€™s video more than anyone elseā€™s šŸ™ƒ
Lol his fashion sense....way too many buttons undone there.

Reactions: 4
Money is what this all comes down to in the end. Take the Les Mis all star concert. If I had paid over a hundred quid on one ticket to see the all star concert and all the advertised stars were off I likely would have been fuming (and there was a night during the run where the majority of those stars were off on one night).
Basically if the producers are going to use the names to increase the ticket price they should expect a paying audience to be angry when the name isnā€™t there.
I know my family paid a lot of money to see Whoopi Goldberg in Sister Act at the Palladium in 2010 (it was incredible by the way). A week after the show we saw, Whoopi pulled out of the run to go back to her dying father in the States. She did actually come back a few months later to honour her commitment to the show- though I wouldā€™ve completely understood if she didnā€™t- and it was all handled really well by the theatre and itā€™s team.
The theatre world has been pricing the average joe out of tickets for years because they know some people will still pay the prices even if they are extortionate. But when they are putting celeb names on to advertise the show, and the name ends up not being there, well- people will pay more money to see their idols and favourites so donā€™t be surprised when people do pay the extra and donā€™t get what they thought they were paying for and end up complaining. The customer service industry has been telling people the customer is always right for years, despite the face to face workers knowing thatā€™s not true in the slightest!
Of course Carrie would never understand this because sheā€™s never had a normal job, less a customer service based job.
Whoopi was supposed to come back to West End for Sister Act in 2020, then Covid, so was rescheduled for 2021 still with Whoopi, again rescheduled to 2022, without Whoopi, so the theatre offered refunds, which I took. I only bought the ticket for Whoopi. I wasn't fussed otherwise. But it was sensibly handled.

Reactions: 8
That wouldn't be at all pleasant, it's not really a role where Carrie could just play herself again. Although I question how much she would want to do Matilda given that it's a show people generally go to out of fondness for the novel/movie and to see the children perform, not so much because of her
Piggybacking off this, but Carrie would butcher 'This Little Girl'; she doesn't have the delicacy of Lauren Ward or Gina Beck.

Reactions: 4
I'm amazed she does make a bigger deal of being Miss Honey....because you know...author #books

Reactions: 5
She probably thinks she looks too young to play Miss Honey, as she does with Jenna. She still probably has it in her head that she looks 17 because she played a 17 year old. Despite the fact sheā€™s late twenties but suddenly looks mid 30s.

Reactions: 13
She looks older than me and Iā€™m nearly 34. She dresses like a frump and that hair and glasses does nothing for her.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Sheā€™s mentioned several times about seeing herself on posters around London and even posed next to them, so another one of her recent arguments is also BS.

Reactions: 18
Okay yaā€™ll Iā€™m taking one for the team. I refollowed her on Instagram so I know when her next Q&A is. Iā€™m gonna ask about cover runs, phones and theater etiquette. Bc sheā€™s preached about how having phones out in the theater is bad etiquette and distractingā€¦.unless theyā€™re taking Insta stories of her bows.

Reactions: 11
Okay yaā€™ll Iā€™m taking one for the team. I refollowed her on Instagram so I know when her next Q&A is. Iā€™m gonna ask about cover runs, phones and theater etiquette. Bc sheā€™s preached about how having phones out in the theater is bad etiquette and distractingā€¦.unless theyā€™re taking Insta stories of her bows.
Prepare yourself for her to be really passive aggressive with you while overly explaining her point

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Youā€™re doing Godā€™s work šŸ˜‚ Thank you

the thing is if cinderella was good then nobody would probably be complaining about not seeing the principal, i remember back in 2015-2016 when hamilton still had its original principal cast, that it was so highly praised that nobody really complained if they saw the principals or saw covers/ understudies, this was because everyone just wanted to see hamilton, also you didnā€™t see lin manuel miranda on twitter responding to every negative comment

Reactions: 16

This aged wellā€¦.I get that bows arenā€™t like the regular show, but still she preached so much about how she hated phones in the theater but now thatā€™s all out the window.

Reactions: 5
the thing is if cinderella was good then nobody would probably be complaining about not seeing the principal, i remember back in 2015-2016 when hamilton still had its original principal cast, that it was so highly praised that nobody really complained if they saw the principals or saw covers/ understudies, this was because everyone just wanted to see hamilton, also you didnā€™t see lin manuel miranda on twitter responding to every negative comment
Both Burr and Laff/Jeff were played by covers when I went last week and they were phenomenal - to the point where with rebooking, Iā€™m hoping to get them again.

Reactions: 9
Need to keep the Sophie screenshot of her watching cover run ready to put with carries comments how no one does them

A lot of shows now allow photos inside the auditorium before the show, during the interval and during bows/end of the show. I got talking with an usher at Leeds Playhouse recently and he admitted that the majority of shows see it as free marketing when the audience can post a photo of the stage before hand. There is the occasional show that wonā€™t allow any filming or photos for safe guarding and copyright reasons. I think & Juliet asks for no photos or videos during the interval inside the auditorium because the setup of the stage is a major spoiler. So if the staging doesnā€™t show a spoiler and there are no copyright issues, most shows are actively encouraging photos for the marketing and word of mouth promo.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.