Carrie Hope Fletcher #10 Granny Mope Fletcher and her 15 videos of bows to empty chairs!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Honestly Carrie could rob a bank and her fans would still defend her 🙄
"Carrie is a HUMAN BEING with FEELINGS can we all remember to be kind please?? Robbing a bank takes real guts and I for one am so proud of her. Don't listen to the haters Carrie xxx" [insert poorly edited fanart of her mugshot]

• Haha
Reactions: 27
She posts about moving forward but her version of moving forward has involved the deletion of all official WEL videos of her and I’m sure the lawyers are working on removing the fan versions.

Reactions: 14
Is she still planning on running the London Marathon?! It’s in two weeks!!! She’s going to do more damage to herself then good.

Reactions: 8
Her ankles are ruined, she's said so previously. How does she think she can do a marathon and not get injured? Surely that would be jeopardising Cinders, but then again, they are used to covering at a moments notice. Sounds like she is becoming more and more of a liability.

Reactions: 11
The comments on her facebook post this morning are entirely positive and just loving her to bits. They're TOO good really - I suspect they're being sanitised by her or her management and anything slightly critical is getting deleted. Essentially with her "onwards and upwards" posts she is creating a massive pity party for herself.

Shrugging it off or laughing it off, getting straight back on the horse and doing Saturday's shows would have been the best way to "keep moving forward".

Reactions: 10
I haven’t seen the performance yet (waiting to watch them all tonight) but I heard that JVJ’s mic went out at the beginning of Bring Him Home (as they did for many people) and this was the only tweet Jon Robyns did to address it, he’s truly handled this like a pro, well like literally anyone other than Carrie would

Same for the cast of &Juliet, due to the sound issues in their performance they were literally being slated with people questioning if they were still going to see the show because WEL didn’t really do it a good service, but you see literally none of them ranting about it on instragram (in stories that will conveniently disappear way before next year’s weekend comes around) and vague posting about it literally days later 🙄

Attachments

Reactions: 7
I haven’t seen the performance yet (waiting to watch them all tonight) but I heard that JVJ’s mic went out at the beginning of Bring Him Home (as they did for many people) and this was the only tweet Jon Robyns did to address it, he’s truly handled this like a pro, well like literally anyone other than Carrie would

Same for the cast of &Juliet, due to the sound issues in their performance they were literally being slated with people questioning if they were still going to see the show because WEL didn’t really do it a good service, but you see literally none of them ranting about it on instragram (in stories that will conveniently disappear way before next year’s weekend comes around) and vague posting about it literally days later 🙄
2 years ago, David Hunter’s mic packed in right at the start of Bad Idea with Lucie Jones and they ended up sharing hers but he constantly jokes about it now.

She’s put too much pressure on herself and taken it completely out of context. Yeah the performance wasn’t the best but it certainly wasn’t as dreadful as she’s saying.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Poster from way back when but I haven’t hopped onto the tattle life thread until now: Ok so I just needed to say that as a person currently working in the same industry as CHF (which I’m not saying to imply that I’m anybody specific, just to give some context as to what perspective I’m coming from here), her WEL reaction is just infuriating. I think the orchestration for Bad Cinderella is tough to use for these kinds of performances because it cuts out so much and leaves the singer exposed, which really sucks to have to work with if you suffer from anxiety or stage fright, I get that, and I would be terrified to do that kind of gig outside of the theater. However, saying “I lost my track” insinuates that it’s the WEL sound crew’s fault, which is honestly just a crappy thing to say even if it’s true, since she’s apparently so big about “etiquette.”

Also, hi Carrie, our industry just made it out of a YEAR LONG SHUTDOWN, maybe thank/congratulate the rest of the cast that performed with you that day? Sure the show’s choreography isn’t great, but that ensemble worked just as hard as you did up there. I’m sure it was the first WEL for some of them. And now it’s scrubbed from the show’s social media accounts because you’re making it all about yourself and throwing a fit. I couldn’t imagine being in that cast right now.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
2 years ago, David Hunter’s mic packed in right at the start of Bad Idea with Lucie Jones and they ended up sharing hers but he constantly jokes about it now.

She’s put too much pressure on herself and taken it completely out of context. Yeah the performance wasn’t the best but it certainly wasn’t as dreadful as she’s saying.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Muscle memory totally comes into play - at this stage she should be singing these songs in her sleep.
It seems that she is always so quick to defend a bad day (honestly we ALL have them) rather than just go with the flow and brush it off.
I mean she’s a leading lady on the West End, not many people get to say that!!
How unfortunate/inconvenient her bad day happened to be the one performance that the general public not attending the show would get to see..

Reactions: 9
I still don't think it was Carrie demanding the videos were removed, I think it was someone higher up, which contributed to her anxiety. It was a bad promo for the show all round, and with them struggling to sell tickets, I think the PR team probably had to act and Carrie's gone into a tailspin about it.

Reactions: 13
Poster from way back when but I haven’t hopped onto the tattle life thread until now: Ok so I just needed to say that as a person currently working in the same industry as CHF (which I’m not saying to imply that I’m anybody specific, just to give some context as to what perspective I’m coming from here), her WEL reaction is just infuriating. I think the orchestration for Bad Cinderella is tough to use for these kinds of performances because it cuts out so much and leaves the singer exposed, which really sucks to have to work with if you suffer from anxiety or stage fright, I get that, and I would be terrified to do that kind of gig outside of the theater. However, saying “I lost my track” insinuates that it’s the WEL sound crew’s fault, which is honestly just a crappy thing to say even if it’s true, since she’s apparently so big about “etiquette.”

Also, hi Carrie, our industry just made it out of a YEAR LONG SHUTDOWN, maybe thank/congratulate the rest of the cast that performed with you that day? Sure the show’s choreography isn’t great, but that ensemble worked just as hard as you did up there. I’m sure it was the first WEL for some of them. And now it’s scrubbed from the show’s social media accounts because you’re making it all about yourself and throwing a fit. I couldn’t imagine being in that cast right now.
Exactly this. I feel for the ensemble and sound crew. It's not fair.

WEL unfortunately ALWAYS seems to have issues with sound so the organisers should be addressing this. But deliberating targeting the sound crew is just a dick move all around

Reactions: 12

WEL unfortunately ALWAYS seems to have issues with sound so the organisers should be addressing this. But deliberating targeting the sound crew is just a dick move all around
It's a two day event with 20-25 totally different acts each in 10-15 minute slots through each day, with numerous performers all needing micing up for each slot. Then there's 25 click tracks and 25 backdrop video files to juggle to put the right ones on for each act, and little or no room for any sort of rehearsal between the show casts and the WEL tech crew, I mean maybe some of them get a chance on the Friday if that's when it sets up or maybe the key techs come to speak to them at their theatres in the weeks beforehand, don't know. All on a relatively low budget looking at the basic stage kit they use for it. I don't think they do too badly all things considered. There's always going to be the odd tech glitch somewhere in the day with this sort of "turn up - do your 10 minute thing - feck off out of the way of the next lot" production line kind of day. It's never going to be a perfectly polished day and isn't supposed to be - she needs to understand this and be able to lead her cast bearing this in mind, just like the other shows manage to do.

Anyway I've just had an email from Official London Theatre telling me "EXTRA TICKETS JUST RELEASED" for Cinders, not sure why they are bothering, it's not like there's a single date I can't already get as many tickets as I want for. I guess this tactic works on some of the more gullible people "QUICK JUDITH WE MUST BOOK CINDERMEHLA NOW, it must be selling out, they've just released some extra last minute seats"

Reactions: 19
Honestly Carrie could rob a bank and her fans would still defend her 🙄
‘She has had a lot on her mind and the pandemic was difficult for everyone, she wasn’t working in the theatre for over a year! And banks are really unethical anyway and I know she’d give a lot of it to charities! Maybe don’t judge someone without knowing their story!! In a world where you can be anything, be kind. 😌

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11

It’s a free event most people aren’t too fussed it’s just a way to see a range of shows, have a fun day out and if anything new takes your fancy you buy tickets. I don’t know why she’s made such a drama out of it

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.