Carrie Hope Fletcher #10 Granny Mope Fletcher and her 15 videos of bows to empty chairs!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why does she do these live concerts if they cause her so much anxiety? Showing off with the rest of the cast beforehand, looking really excited, when she was actually bricking it, what else have you been lying about Carrie?!

Reactions: 15
Have to say not overly impressed with Les Mis yesterday, sound issues notwithstanding.
Getting fed up of hearing the same arrangement of On My Own/ Dreamed a Dream.
Also the new Fantine did not sound great.
Sorry to derail, .

Reactions: 2
‘One day I’ll also write a book about the many events that led up to West End Live and you’ll get a fuller idea of what was going through my head as the performance slipped out of my control.’ Imagine if other people spoke like that about their work. ‘Sorry I made a mistake, one day I’ll explain my life story and you’ll realise why this was very bad for me.’ Carrie. Everybody is a ‘perfectionist’. Everybody gets anxious about making mistakes. You’re not special for it. And instead of saying something attention-seeking like ‘One day I’ll write a book about how I’m feeling about it’, either tell us now if you must, or shut up about it.

Reactions: 27
Oh my god she's so dramatic. It really wasn't that bad. It wasn't great, but I've seen much worse. To be honest, none of the videos from West End Live are ever that good. Build a bridge Carrie.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
Rely on your surroundings? Girl, if you have to ‘rely on your surroundings’ to sound good, you can’t be very good lol
I feel sad for her that she feels she has to overexplain instead of shrugging it off. I didn't enjoy the performance, but mostly because the show, costumes, choreography and song are terrible - to my (untrained, layperson's) ears, her singing was ok. When she did West End Live as Eponine, she seemed to be excited, saying it felt similar to a rock concert, etc. I can understand being nervous about such huge events/live shows, but no one would think about this again much if she didn't keep coming back to it on her Instagram stories. It's ok to have an off day, just leave it..

Have to say not overly impressed with Les Mis yesterday, sound issues notwithstanding.
Getting fed up of hearing the same arrangement of On My Own/ Dreamed a Dream.
Also the new Fantine did not sound great.
Sorry to derail, .
I agree about the arrangement. I love the songs separately, I never liked the mashup they started doing.
Much preferred the West End Live performances before the change.
Disagree about Rachelle Ann Go, she's great as Fantine, in my opinion. She's played the role before, too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Screenshot_20210919-094759_Samsung Internet.jpg

This Wednesday evening on a brand new production. This will be worrying RUG. These are similar sales to Stephen Ward. Thy can't close yet because of the fuss ALW made, but he will be personally bank rolling.

Screenshot_20210919-094759_Samsung Internet.jpg

This Wednesday evening on a brand new production. This will be worrying RUG. These are similar sales to Stephen Ward. Thy can't close yet because of the fuss ALW made, but he will be personally bank rolling.
Most of the grey seats will also be with agents, not necessarily sold.

Reactions: 6
I just watched Cinderella’s performance alongside Six’s. It struck me that Anne Boleyn and Cinderella give off a similar sort of angsty/I don’t care/I’m not like the other girls vibe but Courtney Bowman is soooo much more believable with it! It doesn’t feel forced or faked in Six but it’s so cringeworthy in Cinderella.

Long time lurker here! I’ve got to say, I watched the WEL performance after reading her rants and I was half expecting her to have full on stopped singing or walked off stage by the way she was describing it. Like others have said, it wasn’t great, but it really wasn’t that bad!? Surely she could’ve just shrugged this off and nobody would’ve made a huge deal 😂😩 we all have bad days at work Carrie!!

Reactions: 28
Does &Juliet have a plot? All the performances I've seen are cover songs?
That's the music from the show, they just use cover songs. I think you call it a jukebox musical?
The plot is about what would happen if Juliet hadn't died in the original story.

I was sceptical at first about the show but the modern songs fit so well, it's really funny. Although the WEL performance wasn't great - judging from the video, some mics were louder than others and then the harmonies ended up being louder than the lead voice

Reactions: 5
There is lovely footage of Georgia Tapp’s first night as Cinders on her Instagram.

Reactions: 4
Rely on your surroundings? Girl, if you have to ‘rely on your surroundings’ to sound good, you can’t be very good lol
Oh, bore OFF, Carrie! If this is how she reacts when she puts in a bad shift and gets negative reviews then her skin is way too thin for this industry. None of the other performers have complained about the conditions of WEL and blamed them for their performance. Funny that.

I also don't remember Carrie hating WEL when she was Eponine? Could it be because she was actually good then?

Reactions: 9
Sin

Oh, bore OFF, Carrie! If this is how she reacts when she puts in a bad shift and gets negative reviews then her skin is way too thin for this industry. None of the other performers have complained about the conditions of WEL and blamed them for their performance. Funny that.

I also don't remember Carrie hating WEL when she was Eponine? Could it be because she was actually good then?
Yeah it’s strange, she did do that whole “I enjoyed it but I don’t know yet if that’s the same as ~enjoying~ it” about her solo concerts just after her album, but she’s literally never mentioned any negative feeling or OTT nerves about West End Live, not even when she was literally only there representing MT Fest where the whole point of the troupe is that they only have something like three days to rehears and she seems to sing that completely fine, even Heathers she didn’t go on and on about how little rehearsal they’d had until after and that was an understandable situation considering it was a couple days before their first show so they’d never done it in situ - it just seems very strange that this, what should be the easiest to get into, is the time she’s suddenly hating doing it

Oh my god she's so dramatic. It really wasn't that bad. It wasn't great, but I've seen much worse. To be honest, none of the videos from West End Live are ever that good. Build a bridge Carrie.
Exactly this. I love the idea of WEL because we can’t all see all shows. But they are never a good representation of the actual show. I remember seeing SiX at WEL a few years before I knew anything about it and was just like “erm…” because it was quite iffy, but it is obviously a great show!
Carrie should have brushed it off as a bad day in the office, and gone to work / her comfort zone that night and performed for the paying audience who came to see her, rather than sit at home ruminating (which is obv what happened since she wrote that essay this morning).
And “one day I’ll write a book”? Honestly babe no one is waiting with baited breath for that. Everyone would have forgotten by this morning if she wasn’t still going on about it.

Reactions: 16
I don’t believe it was planned - I thought I’d seen a post somewhere about it being a late call but I can’t remember where so I might have made that up. It appears Georgina was off yesterday, and Lauren Byrne (1st cover) was definitely off as she was doing a couple of gigs with her band.
wasn’t planned according to georginas story (i love how she’s supportive of a fellow castmate)

Why does she do these live concerts if they cause her so much anxiety? Showing off with the rest of the cast beforehand, looking really excited, when she was actually bricking it, what else have you been lying about Carrie?!
there’s many songs on the track that don’t include cinderella they could’ve chosen from

Attachments

Reactions: 2
wasn’t planned according to georginas story (i love how she’s supportive of a fellow castmate)

there’s many songs on the track that don’t include cinderella they could’ve chosen from
Yes, that was where I saw it, thank you!

Reactions: 1
Wonder how Carrie's castmates feel about having to - literally and figuratively - carry her around the WEL stage only for her to witch and moan after and then pull out of that night's show. Can't imagine free cherry Coke will make up for that!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.