Carrie Hope Fletcher #10 Granny Mope Fletcher and her 15 videos of bows to empty chairs!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Surely nobody actually asks questions like this? I swear she asks herself these questions. Just seems convenient that she got asked all of these questions within 10 minutes of putting her ‘ask me anything’ story up, especially as her actual engagement on her page is very low for the number of followers she has (as she buys a lot of them). I really think she asks herself those questions.

She at least asked herself the last two. They're in the same writing style. Like if she's gonna ask herself questions, at least change the style.

Reactions: 3
There's loads of actresses in their late 20's and early 30's playing teenagers in theatre, Carrie is not the first one. I think Christina is 29 now. The thing is you have to at least *pass* as a teen from a distance, Carrie doesn't and she didn't either when she was in Heathers.

Reactions: 12
I mean tbh Jodie is playing the same teenager character and she doesn’t pass as one at all.

also is this true or is carrie-true?
8BFF6D72-543F-4185-AC9F-E5F245617407.png

Reactions: 1
I know for a fact that a lead went back to a show's closing night when her replacement was on (limited run production). So I reckon it's only true in Carrie-land.
She probably would be seething in the audience about how much attention her alt got.

Reactions: 7
I mean tbh Jodie is playing the same teenager character and she doesn’t pass as one at all.

View attachment 765180
Sounds like BS to me, I’m pretty sure London’s principle Hamilton went to see his alternate’s first show back when they opened in August to show his support. I’ve seen quite a few actors say they’ve done it on Twitter or Instagram

Reactions: 11
What, I've seen several mt actors and actresses talking about watching their colleagues on days off, to support them and the (back)stage crew and to enjoy the show. But since Carrie secretly hates her co-workers and has no love for musical theatre AT ALL, that answer doesn't surprise me. The only reason for her to like a show is because she's in it (or else she'd be going to the theatre a lot more, which even before covid she never did).

I mean, maybe you shouldn't be there if someone's covering you while you're sick (I think Connie Fisher did that during her Maria run and came to the stage door to give autographs while being sick? Someone correct me if I'm wrong), but if you have weeks off and want to watch the show, what's soooo bad about that??

Reactions: 10
There's loads of actresses in their late 20's and early 30's playing teenagers in theatre, Carrie is not the first one. I think Christina is 29 now. The thing is you have to at least *pass* as a teen from a distance, Carrie doesn't and she didn't either when she was in Heathers.
She always reminded me of Buddy the Elf in Heathers. She looked very out of place. Dare I say it, like Ben Platt in the DEH film trailer? 😬

View attachment 765180
I don’t see how it’s bad etiquette?

Reactions: 6
She always reminded me of Buddy the Elf in Heathers. She looked very out of place. Dare I say it, like Ben Platt in the DEH film trailer? 😬
lmao I was actually thinking of him too when I was writing that.

I didn't say anything about the "bad theatre etiquette" in going watch your understudy perform because maybe it was different in the UK, but at least where I live it's a very common thing for the main actors to go see their covers or alternates if they have the chance. I remember very clearly that one time when Les Miserables was touring here around 2013-2014, the guy who was playing Marius tweeting "seeing the barricades from the other side tonight" and a photo of the stage as seen from the stalls and wishing his cover to break a leg, while he was still in the show.

Carrie can't just stand to see another person play the role she's playing, she's insecure like that. I wonder how she would have felt if there had been a Heathers UK tour at the same time she was playing Veronica in London, like now. She already had a hard time letting Olivia go on as Veronica when she was ill, let alone had there been another main Veronica.

Reactions: 7
It could only be "bad theatre etiquette" if you had this unwavering mindset of heirarchies and the principal automatically and unquestionably being better than the alternate/cover.

In the real world though, normal people would of course see their alternates and covers as team mates and of course there's no problem going along to support and to be seen to put faith in the alternate/cover. After all, the alternate/cover is what enables the principal to have some planned time off or be off sick.

It's just another manifestation of her immaturity, and shooting straight to top billing rather than working her way up slowly; and "bad theatre etiquette" is her best bullshit excuse that she can come up with to cover it.

Also what's with her claim of needing an alternate "because the role is so demanding". Is it? I haven't seen Cindermehla but I've read "real" reviewers (not newspaper ones being nice) saying that she's not on stage all that much. I generally think the covers have the hardest job of all since they have to learn multiple roles and be ready to perform any of them at a moment's notice, sometimes even from mid-show.

I've always seen an officially billed alternate as something the shows have been pushed into having, to get them off the hook when they've sold the show based on someone's name, and really came to prominence since the days when Martine McCutcheon fucked up My Fair Lady so badly. It is a markting tool that lets the show effectively say "yeah we know we sold you tickets based on the appearance of XYZ, who's indisposed tonight, but look we planned ahead and we have this other person ABC for you tonight who's also good enough to be named on some of the publicity" and gets them out of having to refund some of the shallower audience that might kick off if they think they are "just getting the understudy". (whereas proper theatre regulars know that the covers are always just as good and frequently better than the big star name).

Reactions: 13
Nearly every other musical theatre actor I follow: Shares reels and posts of the emotional opening of Wicked due to the audience reaction to the return of a beloved show
Carrie: yes but have you seen this millionth video of my bow?

God the girls from Six don’t even share megasixes this much 🙃🙃🙃

Reactions: 11
Also what's with her claim of needing an alternate "because the role is so demanding". Is it? I haven't seen Cindermehla but I've read "real" reviewers (not newspaper ones being nice) saying that she's not on stage all that much. I generally think the covers have the hardest job of all since they have to learn multiple roles and be ready to perform any of them at a moment's notice, sometimes even from mid-show.
This was my thought too - Elphaba, Valjean, Christine Daee, these are massive roles! Cinderella seems minor in comparison. Even if it's the title role doesn't equal the main sing.

Reactions: 5
Is she covered in butterflies in Cinderella? I know she has the butterfly necklace but I don’t think I’ve heard her mention being covered in them.
Does she know that butterflies were already a symbol of rebirth and freedom, they didn’t ‘become’ that when she became Cinderella? They’ve been a symbol of that for hundreds of years, not because Miss Hope Fletcher went back into the theatre after 18 months.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I know roles/situations are different but seeing Carrie saying it’s bad etiquette to watch someone else play your role and then reading this…
25BF2176-FD2B-42CC-B5C3-2555C8E3C92B.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Nearly every other musical theatre actor I follow: Shares reels and posts of the emotional opening of Wicked due to the audience reaction to the return of a beloved show
Carrie: yes but have you seen this millionth video of my bow?

God the girls from Six don’t even share megasixes this much 🙃🙃🙃
Apologies to quite my own post but just wanted to add that she has now shared the Wicked reaction like ten minutes ago 👀

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
I can't remember if it was instagram or twitter but a while ago Carrie was saying she'd be falling over her feet to see Georgina's debut when the time came, wonder what changed?

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.