Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

zadietells

Even if it wasn’t her best performance or a good day or whatever (and I agree the video of it doesn’t make it sound great)… just move on? Say the courtesy “thanks WEL”! on your socials and move on, it’ll barey be noticed
But no. Let’s blow it up into a thing, blame our hosts, ignore the fact that muscle memory exists, and then publicly sulk. Okay.

Reactions: 17

gingerlippy

First time poster, anyone else reckon Carrie will be seething that Jennifer Saunders went to see Cinderella the night Carrie wasn’t on 😂
At least Jennifer got to see a better performance

• Haha
Reactions: 17

summoningaghost

Find it strange that Carries Lock Screen isn’t of Oliver or at least Edgar
Wait, why is that weird? My phone lock screen has never been any of my partners or pets or anything like that, just random patterns that I find aesthetically pleasing. Is it some kind of expectation that your lock screen is supposed to be a picture of your significant other?

Reactions: 16

thisiscat

Chatty Member
I’ve noticed that whenever her hair gets ‘professionally done’, it always comes out looking a bit like Afro hair. My apologies if that comes across as offensive, it’s really not meant to be. It just seems that the stylists Carrie works with might actually be trained in Afro hair rather than just curly hair. (When I say that I mean that Afro hair and curly are different textures and need to be treated differently). When Carrie does her own, the curls are more natural for her hair but when other people do it, they put her hair in the most ridiculous curlers and hairspray it within an inch of its life where it’s obvious that it just doesn’t suit Carrie.
if this comes across as offensive in any way please delete, I wasn’t really sure how to word this.

zadietells

Oh my god she's so dramatic. It really wasn't that bad. It wasn't great, but I've seen much worse. To be honest, none of the videos from West End Live are ever that good. Build a bridge Carrie.
Exactly this. I love the idea of WEL because we can’t all see all shows. But they are never a good representation of the actual show. I remember seeing SiX at WEL a few years before I knew anything about it and was just like “erm…” because it was quite iffy, but it is obviously a great show!
Carrie should have brushed it off as a bad day in the office, and gone to work / her comfort zone that night and performed for the paying audience who came to see her, rather than sit at home ruminating (which is obv what happened since she wrote that essay this morning).
And “one day I’ll write a book”? Honestly babe no one is waiting with baited breath for that. Everyone would have forgotten by this morning if she wasn’t still going on about it.

Rosielee

Could you imagine how insufferable Carrie would be with a brood?? She'd have them in adverts fresh out of the womb, put them into acting school as soon as they can toddle then complain about the cost, she'd 100% want them in Chitty at the same age she was when she was first in Chitty so she could do a soppy post like "2 generations of Jemimas"
I’m mad and it’s not even happened yet

• Haha

salatblader

VIP Member
Lol, Carrie in the first episode of her podcast: "I've done some book videos on my YouTube channel in the past few months, but they don't get as many views as my other videos because my audience comes for the theatre content".
No, Carrie, many of us joined before you started in musical theatre, back when your videos were more creative and fun/interesting. Your taste in books and how you "review" them is what makes your book vids boring.

Kitt

VIP Member
I reckon she says she wants to keep her personal life separate from Disney because it was so deeply associated with her relationship with Pete. I bet she can’t see anything Tangled related without thinking about that relationship. If she got married there or had strong associations with Disney with this relationship with Oliver and then it ended she would have more negative links to Disney again.

flounceandbounce

I'm actually in awe at the 'damage control' the show and Carrie seem to be trying. Like no, your lead got caught in a lie, threw a tantrum, and everyone saw it happen because she posts her whole bloody life online. She truly needs to get a grip, as her bad attitude is leaking out all over the place. The &Juliet performance, in my opinion, was worse, but the cast weren't blaming everyone left, right, and centre for it.

Carrie has all the grace and decorum of a petulant toddler. I'd be kinda livid, as a cast member, if she then bailed because she kept digging herself a hole all the way to Australia. :rolleyes:

Goldeelox

Catching up on on the last few days... did Care Bear fall off the stage at WEL? Murder one of the ensemble in front of thousands of horrified on lookers? Stage dive onto the last remaining Hopefuls flattening them to smithereens?

Nope. She missed the start of the song and was slightly off key on a couple of lines.

It wasn't bad enough to patch your Saturday shows Karen :rolleyes: ...also how long till Lord Andy gets this video pulled? Place your bets!

Kitt

VIP Member
Nancy’s a genuinely gritty character who has to still charm and gain sympathy from the audience with her vulnerability, strength and story. Carrie is not likeable or talented enough acting wise for the role. She thinks gritty is wearing dark eye make up and docs. She thinks being likeable is giving people donuts. All very surface level, no actual depth to her at all.

Merle1011

I agree, the choreography really looks weird. Is it the same as from the staged version or did they change it up for west end live?

As for Carrie sounding out of tune; apparently her track from her in-ears wasn't working, so she couldn't hear it anymore. And as somebody who has a background from music, it's really hard to keep the tune if you can't hear your backing track anymore, especially if there is a loud crowd around.
I mean, Carrie could have done better. She missed the first two words and was really out of breath, but her sounding as bad as she did was not 100% her fault

Rosielee

No Carrie, your not a Disney park obsessive; your a Disney World obsessive. Your as vanilla as the rest of them. If you where a real obsessive you would want to experience the best Disney magic kingdom park TOKYO DISNEYLAND or at least know a little Disney history not just pose in front of the purple wall or lazy about your hotel for two weeks.

salatblader

VIP Member
I never bought into some people's ideas that her castmates must actively dislike her. However, if she didn't come in for the show last night (because of what happened at WEL?), I do find it interesting that her castmates specifically point out that Georgina Tapp had to go on "on such short notice".
If that's how it happened, her posts about it being a bad day (and how the performance was so bad and bla bla bla), seem a bit tone deaf.

Buttercup1234

New thread title - I Know I Have a Tantrum Because I Threw One

This person wasn’t asking you to Carrie-splain what the phrase means, they were asking what a plexiglass house was, you patronising tit.
it makes no sense how she said it - plexiglass is shatter-proof so it would mean the opposite of what the saying is.
Also a “play” on words is not how she used it here. Is this woman really a published author? That’s two phrases she’s used wrong in one post, in the name of sounding clever.

• Heart