Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Buttercup1234

What I don’t get is she’s saying how you get “one shot” when performing at WEL etc…but that’s the same as theatre? If you mess it up on the night, it’s messed up on the night, no matter where the stage is.

Reactions: 18

alethophobia

She’s blocked me on Instagram 😂
everytime i screenshot her story i slightly worry she’ll connect the dots between my insta and my tattle account and do a dramatic reveal like when in a scooby doo the gang remove the monsters mask 😂

View attachment 771759

Looks like her Hatefuls are out in force, came across this comment thread earlier.
jesus christ, being in les mis doesn’t make you incredible immediately, look at the 2012 movie! most of the stunt cast weren’t that great, but i wouldn’t call russell crowe for instance “incredible” based off one performance

• Haha

flounceandbounce

“I’m still waiting for my song.” Christ, this woman loves making everything about her 🙄 Also I’ve just caught up, the performance wasn’t a great advertisement for Cinderella. A lot of the comments on YouTube are very negative. Also I saw this, I’ve never understood that as a response. I’m pretty sure the poster isn’t leading a professional musical! 🙄
Though I, personally, couldn't do better, I think we're all aware of multiple actresses who are unemployed right now who certainly would do better than Carrie, for goodness sake.

Also, the walk from Holborn to Trafalgar Square (correct me if WEL isn't held there) isn't exactly a marathon? But even if it was, shouldn't Carrie be super duper fit now, especially since she's supposedly doing the gosh darn London marathon next (?) month? Don't get me wrong, I have fav actresses too, but at least I can acknowledge when they're not perfect. :cautious:

coffeeandwine

Chatty Member
The more I think about it, the more shady it is that whoever's in charge of the show's social media has said nothing about Georgia stepping up last minute, making her debut as Cinderella no less, and by all accounts doing really well.

cozzbuzz

Long time lurker, first time poster. Oliver did he usual half hour call Insta live from Frozen - a few mentions of Carrie being brilliant, and Obi called them a 'West End power couple'. It was genuinely sweet. However the chat was absolutely chock full of people asking 'Is Carrie ok?' which went unanswered (rightly - it wasn't about her, it was him and Obi hanging out). She has absolutely blown this out of proportion (just watched it for the first time - not that bad!), but I do hope she is okay. It's quite the reaction to call out of three shows.

TheUnknownLaura

VIP Member
You’re so right. Very unprofessional behaviour especially as she’s literally begging for freebies at work and in costume.
Isn’t it weird to think that she woke up that morning and thought “ah I’m going to pack my merch so I can take loads of photos at work!” Who does that? I could understand if they randomly got sent to the theatre but they didn’t!

• Haha

thisiscat

Chatty Member
Lets face it, if someone without Carrie's following did this after WEL they'd be cancelled in the theatre community and nobody else would hire them. Carrie gets away with it because of her followers. If it wasn't for Youtube she'd be a swing.
She wouldn’t even be a swing! Swings have to learn multiple tracks within the same show and go on at the last minute- Carrie would never be able to handle that!

Reactions: 17

coffeeandwine

Chatty Member
Wonder how Carrie's castmates feel about having to - literally and figuratively - carry her around the WEL stage only for her to bitch and moan after and then pull out of that night's show. Can't imagine free cherry Coke will make up for that!

• Haha

flounceandbounce

Was going to listen to the first episode of the podcast whilst doing a face mask, but I couldn't find it on Apple podcasts... one thing lead to another and I've ended up locked* out of my Gmail account 😭
Thanks Carrie. (I kid)

Anyway, for anyone interested in a TL;DR of the podcast's first ep:
(I don't know if there's a way for me to chop this post up with a 'read more' a là Tumblr, or...)
  • "For those of you who don't know who I am, because why would you? I'm Carrie Hope Fletcher: author, actress, and vlogger." — I truly don't see this breaking out into the mainstream, as it was so bloody hard to find in the first place (see above). Also the smugness and faux-modesty...
  • She proceeds to list all her West End credits from the past seven years. "You may have seen my moonface up on the stage," did make me laugh, sue me.
  • "I just couldn't wish for a better job." Which is why you always complain about it, alright.
  • Apparently she burned the first book she ever wrote, and she hopes the books she's written as an adult are better than that was. YMMV. And she lost her passion for reading because she moved into "a little one bedroom flat at 22." She couldn't take all her books, so she had to renovate her new house to fit them all in 😔 the hardship. Now she reads all the time.
  • She's started this podcast because her booktube videos do rubbish engagement-wise. I appreciate the self-awareness, but this podcast is essentially a glorified Goodreads.
  • She believes in casual magic which, fair enough. But she thinks books are "genuinely magic", which I don't think is quirky.
  • "I tend not to review books," please, do it less, Carrie.
  • She has a very low bar for appreciating musicals, which explains why she's in Cindermehla.
  • "I only spend energy on things I enjoy," hmm. We all know how the past weekend went.
  • "I'm beginning to sound like Granny Carrie."
  • She's on Bookstagram for shelfies and a podcast—which is very spontaneous, apparently. Not like Gi started one recently, or anything.
  • Rhyming 'silly' and 'willy nilly'.
Carrie's five criteria (if the answer to each one is yes, she adds a star):
  1. Does she like the cover? (ETA—I think this is a bullshit metric, as actually the cover has very little bearing on the content of the book other than making you want to pick it up in a shop. Also covers vary by regions quite drastically? IDK this feels very out-of-place for someone trying to be serious.)
  2. Does she like the writing style?
  3. Does she relate to the characters (can't she read her own books for this?)?
  4. Did it make her feel something (but presumably something positive, as she just said she can't get through Breaking Bad because the characters aren't morally superior)?
  5. Would she recommend it (AKA—is it currently popular, and thus she knows other people like it? I can't envisage her sharing any hidden gems)?
Then she went on a tangent about a 'niche' book that only some people would like or understand. 🙃 You can still bloody recommend it, unless you're gatekeeping it.

She said it was lovely to have me, so thanks Carrie.

the 4 recordings of her podcast are the only one she will do, whatever happened to her and Celinde (?) one?
Here you go: "We have a podcast called Wonder Women, but we haven't recorded an episode in two years [...] because of our schedules, we're busy people." She said they intend to continue soon. I call BS but, y'know.

Last edited:
  • Haha

cherryblossomlatte

Chatty Member
5D7AA65A-32E0-4F76-BD37-F8AAA7793EED.png
78F2C6E8-B89E-4690-A650-D6376BAE41B6.png

I don’t know who choose the final pictures or who gave Carrie directions for the poses but they truly didn’t like her.
I liked some of the clothes but hell to that price.

• Sick

Poothe

VIP Member
I feel sorry for the cast who had to turn up but didn’t get to sing a single note and had to dance around Carrie who gave a truly atrocious performance.

alethophobia

ok so the 2009 tonys had terrible tech (from the next of normal performers being a beat behind and titus burgess owning his mic cutting out and having to use a microphone) but none of the actors threw a hissy fit and demanded every video of them performing gets deleted from everyone’s memory.

Oh my god she's so dramatic. It really wasn't that bad. It wasn't great, but I've seen much worse. To be honest, none of the videos from West End Live are ever that good. Build a bridge Carrie.

Last edited:

Kitt

VIP Member
Oh what are you like, Carrie! You’re so funny and quirky! A bucket on your head? You’re so different, not like other girls! Only you would do something so quirky as wear a bucket on your head! 🤪🤪🤪

Edit - the comments are so cringey, I’m getting so much second-hand embarrassment
this is so cringe. It’s genuinely like a 13 year old’s Instagram page. ‘I’m just so random’ *thumbs up by face* and everyone commenting 😂😂. CRINGE

getmeoutofhere

VIP Member
Because he's going out to pretty much the same bar right next to the Frozen theatre (or, like last night, taking an uber with his cast mates) every night when his girlfriend is at home having an anxiety attack over an unfortunate situation. I don't even like Carrie but having met/seen him IRL he comes across as a really weird person. Either they're broken up or he's not that attentive to her.
He’s drinking in the bar near his work place. Plenty of people doing that, implying he is weird for frequenting the same bar regularly is a bit strange.

also, maybe he knows the actual reason Carrie didn’t perform so wasn’t too worried or maybe they’ve broken up?

majestic26

VIP Member
Aside from Carrie's fail, I just can't believe how naff it all seemed. The lame choreography with the lifts and the dragging... it has no energy at all. I feel like the ensemble needed to be featured more in this particular song, rather than it being a solo. It doesn't go anywhere - it tries to, with the key change, but it just feels hollow and doesn't lead to anything.

She might have messed up, but even if she had performed it 100% perfectly, it would still have been quite shit, because the source material is dreadful and everyone has fucked up with this show. Choreography, costume design, concept, book, music, lyrics... it's all so bad.

flounceandbounce

if carrie feels very overworked then why has she decided to run a marathon while writing 2 books and originating a west end role? apart from the west end job she doesn’t need to be writing 2 books
Honestly. Carrie, if you're reading this, we don't need any more of your books. They're a waste of trees.

• Haha