Carrie Hope Fletcher #10 Granny Mope Fletcher and her 15 videos of bows to empty chairs!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just been to see a matinee performance of Cinderella (with Georgina), thought I’d give my thoughts, if anyone’s interested (spoilers below):

I think I’d give this show a solid 6/7 out of 10. I actually enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. One thing I will say is that ALW is definitely aiming for a younger audience - however, I don’t think he understands the young generation as well as he thinks he does. That being said, I really enjoyed a number of songs and some of the jokes were actually pretty funny.

The Queen and the Stepmother number, for example, was hysterical. Both actresses absolutely nailed the comedic moments and really got their characters.

Tbf I thought all of the performers were incredible.

Georgina was outstanding. Gave me chills when she sang and I actually cried at “I Know I Have a Heart”. She’s a super talented actress. I really think she should be the full-time Cinderella. I know that may not be fair, as I haven’t seen Carrie’s full performance. But Georgina absolutely blew her out of the water, from the small clips of Carrie that I’ve seen.

Some people have reported that Ivano’s acting was a bit wooden, and I kinda see what they mean. I thought he was good, but he wasn’t as good on his own as he was with others. His chemistry with Georgina was electric. I also thought his dancing scene was fab! I knew people said it was good, but I’d actually watch the whole show again just for that scene!

Talking of great scenes, my favourite scene, by far, was the makeover scene with the Fairy Godmother. Gloria was insane and the song was actually catchy af and well-written.

In terms of criticisms - like I say, I don’t think ALW really understood his audience. There are some scenes that feel quite high school, and there are also a couple of dodgy moments that don’t quite land. For example, there’s a rape joke in the ballroom scene. The audience did laugh tbf but I didn’t find it funny at all. Some of the lines and rhyme choices are pretty obvious and cheap - other people on this sub have mentioned this, but there’s a line that goes something like - “Shes Cinderella, we avoid her like salmonella”...this is a professional production, lose the rhyming dictionary. I also didn’t like how much the ‘Prince Charming is gay’ reveal was played for laughs.

All this being said, I thought this show was pretty entertaining. It’s not exactly the next West Side Story, but I enjoyed it.

Reactions: 20
In terms of criticisms - like I say, I don’t think ALW really understood his audience. There are some scenes that feel quite high school, and there are also a couple of dodgy moments that don’t quite land. For example, there’s a rape joke in the ballroom scene. The audience did laugh tbf but I didn’t find it funny at all. Some of the lines and rhyme choices are pretty obvious and cheap - other people on this sub have mentioned this, but there’s a line that goes something like - “Shes Cinderella, we avoid her like salmonella”...this is a professional production, lose the rhyming dictionary. I also didn’t like how much the ‘Prince Charming is gay’ reveal was played for laughs.
I'm glad you had a good time! As you say, the flaws are in the material (and our ladyship), rather than in the ensemble. Rebecca Trehearn is incredible, so glad she's not entirely wasted in this.

A rape joke is, unfortunately, something I expected of ALW. Disappointed in Emerald Fennel though, christ.

Reactions: 9
I am so fed up of her hypocrisy! In her Instagram stories she's all: 'things for wrong in theatre, it's live and exciting!' But then when things do go wrong she throws a diva strop, runs away and hides and drops her company in it!

Reactions: 8
New thread title: Carrie Mope Fletcher: messed up at west end live, how long will Cinderella be staying alive?

Reactions: 6
Find it strange that Carries Lock Screen isn’t of Oliver or at least Edgar
Wait, why is that weird? My phone lock screen has never been any of my partners or pets or anything like that, just random patterns that I find aesthetically pleasing. Is it some kind of expectation that your lock screen is supposed to be a picture of your significant other?

Reactions: 16
Wait, why is that weird? My phone lock screen has never been any of my partners or pets or anything like that, just random patterns that I find aesthetically pleasing. Is it some kind of expectation that your lock screen is supposed to be a picture of your significant other?
Absolutely not, I've never done that either - but it's Carrie. She's so over the top about her relationship and her cat - that's why I'd also have expected her to have Oliver or the cat as her lock screen photo.

Reactions: 3
New thread title - I Know I Have a Tantrum Because I Threw One

This person wasn’t asking you to Carrie-splain what the phrase means, they were asking what a plexiglass house was, you patronising tit.
it makes no sense how she said it - plexiglass is shatter-proof so it would mean the opposite of what the saying is.
Also a “play” on words is not how she used it here. Is this woman really a published author? That’s two phrases she’s used wrong in one post, in the name of sounding clever.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I just remembered a quote from Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. Hermione says to Malfoy, "at least no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in, they got in on pure talent". Reminds me of Carrie.
New thread title- The #gifted Carrie Hope Fletcher; how to piggyback your way to stardom in ten easy steps... ooh new idea for a book title!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Is that even true? I don't think so. She's done Disney shows in the past hasn't she? So she was happy to work for them. I also met her once at the cinema in London at a Disney sing a long film we were both attending so it's not like she limits her love of Disney to the time at the parks.

I think she's just saying that because Oliver wouldn't do it. If she was still dating Pete, I bet she'd be all for it, he seemed to share the Disney love (and was with her when I met her at the cinema).
after doing frozen i can definitely see oliver not being a fan of a disney wedding. i think that’s 1 of the only things that i like about oliver; he doesn’t make the characters his playing apart of his personality.

Reactions: 6
Thank god she's posting her bows in her stories.......who knew that there was a curtain Call!?! Thanks Carrie.

🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

Reactions: 5
Saw an advert for Frozen The Musical on TV. There was a brief shot of Oliver, and I don't mind Oliver, I generally think he's an okay bloke (taste in girlfriend aside), but the shot of him for the advert, not flattering. He looked really strange around his neck, between how he was moving and his costume he looked uncomfortable.

Reactions: 5
I’ve just priced up a random 2 week holiday for next April for 2 adults staying in a Disney hotel, flights and 2 week Disney passes …. £11,854!! And that’s without food, drink, spending money, souvenirs etc. Crazy money!

In comparison, my once in a lifetime, absolute dream honeymoon for two weeks in a 5 star plus, adults only resort in Mexico, with the most amazing a la carte all inclusive food and drinks plus flights was £4,500. And that was a major financial stretch for us. I’ve since seen photos of several celebrities (albeit in the lower range of the celeb scale) on Instagram there.

The last trip abroad I took though was a week in Tenerife at a 4 star all inclusive resort plus flights back in October 2018 was £875 for 2 people and it was amazing! It was one of my favourite holidays ever and not a cartoon mouse in sight.
The prices are crazy and then each day you have to tip house keeping and every cast member you come into contact with as clearly at £11k for 2 weeks disney don’t have enough money to pair their staff a living wage

The plexiglass line is going to bother me now, I hadn’t noticed before!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
after doing frozen i can definitely see oliver not being a fan of a disney wedding. i think that’s 1 of the only things that i like about oliver; he doesn’t make the characters his playing apart of his personality.
It seems to be all the rage at the moment for someone in the cast to be proposed to on stage during the curtain call.

I'm holding out for one of these two to be crass enough to invade the other's stage and do it one night. Might actually get Cindermehla back in the press. Think of the headlines!

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.