Carrie Hope Fletcher #10 Granny Mope Fletcher and her 15 videos of bows to empty chairs!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Carrie speaking out against transphobia and for trans actors in West End roles is one of the few things I give her props for. Come on, whoever made that comment on TikTok: she's enough of a nob, you don't need to lie about it.

Reactions: 19
I’ve attached it…
I totally missed this story (yay time difference) but what a weird thing to say. What on earth happened? It can't just be the performance. Did she get bad news backstage? Is Cinders closing? Cast change? She's always said one day she wants to write a Tell All and reveal all the drama she normally doesn't talk about so maybe that's where this line of thinking comes from. But also, she shouldn't care a hoot if Cinders closes. She's getting paid what she's getting paid based on her contract, not how well the show does, and she can blame Covid for the closing if that's what's happening.

Reactions: 4
I totally missed this story (yay time difference) but what a weird thing to say. What on earth happened? It can't just be the performance. Did she get bad news backstage? Is Cinders closing? Cast change? She's always said one day she wants to write a Tell All and reveal all the drama she normally doesn't talk about so maybe that's where this line of thinking comes from. But also, she shouldn't care a hoot if Cinders closes. She's getting paid what she's getting paid based on her contract, not how well the show does, and she can blame Covid for the closing if that's what's happening.
Honestly, I think it really is as simple as Perma Main Character Carrie Just Wasn't Very Good. The performance was definitely ropey but it wasn't horrific and I think if she hadn't drawn attention to it, it wouldn't be such a big deal today. She just couldn't handle that it didn't go to plan, people noticed it hadn't gone to plan and so she immediately played the blame game instead of chalking it up to being one of those things that sometimes happens when you sing live. Her reaction to the performance is way more embarrassing than the performance itself.

Reactions: 13
What I don’t get is she’s saying how you get “one shot” when performing at WEL etc…but that’s the same as theatre? If you mess it up on the night, it’s messed up on the night, no matter where the stage is.

Reactions: 18
What I don’t get is she’s saying how you get “one shot” when performing at WEL etc…but that’s the same as theatre? If you mess it up on the night, it’s messed up on the night, no matter where the stage is.
Yeah, I don't get this either. I know WEL often has sound issues and few performers ever sound as good as they do at the actual shows but you're still singing live. I honestly think the way she's carrying on is going to jeapordise her chance at getting leading parts in the future far more than the performance. As someone said earlier, if she does get another major West End role she'll probably still have to do WEL. If I were a casting director I wouldn't want someone who clearly can't handle that.

Reactions: 9
This just proves she is not ready to be a lead. Being a lead is so much more than being around for the PR and having your name flashed everywhere. You should encourage and motivate the company. Her excuses are ridiculous. Although it is different playing outdoors, the tuning and pitching is exactly the same. Yes, wind will affect sound, slightly...but how long have you been singing it for? Having worked at Regents Park for years the companies there always coped with different outdoor conditions. And it's Wedt End Live. Don't get me wrong, you should put in your best effort but the WEL audience are a great one and know what challenges there are.

Time to step up to be a lead Carrie, or get off the stage.

Reactions: 14
I think publicly calling a (not even disastrous) performance “tripe” and apologising for jt when there were other cast members on that stage is so rude. Not a good look for her or ALW (who is clearly behind all the videos being pulled down).
People care a lot more about the issues now, because of her actions, than they did when it was actually performed. But I reckon someone pointed out that being a contributor to any negative comments was unprofessional and part of the reason she tried to delete that story.

Reactions: 20
I saw the clip on YouTube last night and thought ‘meh’. At the beginning I wasn’t sure if she had missed the first word or if her mic wasn’t turned on straight away. Generally she sounded okay and the bit where she lost it wasn’t that bad. It was only for a small section and she managed to get it back. If she hadn’t highlighted it on her stories I probably barely would have noticed it. I just think they chose the wrong song to represent the show. They should have done 2 songs if they wanted to show the ensemble as well. I think it should have been It Has To Be Her for the ensemble and I Know I Have A Heart or Far Too Late for Carrie. It’s a shame there isn’t a proper duet for Cinders and the Prince because a song like that would have been perfect. Carrie has a thing about telling the world about things and drawing attention to things that she doesn’t really want attention on.
I feel for her if she did have a panic attack preventing her from doing yesterday shows. She has been vocal about her anxiety in the past- she’s even mentioned being tested for bipolar due to her brother being bipolar. The way she worded her instastory does make me wonder if something else happened though because her anxiety wouldn’t really be a cause to write a book about what happened at a singular performance. Either that or it became bigger in her head as the anxiety manifested.
I wouldn’t be surprised if she sat scrolling through all the comments on the YouTube video knowing what she’s like on her socials. It’s so self destructive and she needs a proper therapist to help her, if she has one they are doing a terrible job at helping her!

Reactions: 11
This just proves she is not ready to be a lead. Being a lead is so much more than being around for the PR and having your name flashed everywhere. You should encourage and motivate the company. Her excuses are ridiculous. Although it is different playing outdoors, the tuning and pitching is exactly the same. Yes, wind will affect sound, slightly...but how long have you been singing it for? Having worked at Regents Park for years the companies there always coped with different outdoor conditions. And it's Wedt End Live. Don't get me wrong, you should put in your best effort but the WEL audience are a great one and know what challenges there are.

Time to step up to be a lead Carrie, or get off the stage.
Exactly this. Also she “avoids concerts at all costs” because they’re too unpredictable? Firstly, she’s done a lot of solo concerts/performances she definitely didn’t have to do (and could have contracted herself out of). Secondly, and I don’t work in theatre so maybe I’m wrong, theatres aren’t 100% reliable either? Things go wrong, sound gets messed up, people misstep, voices break…
I think the main reason she doesn’t like performing outside of the theatre is because (as someone said earlier), more people see it/film it and she can’t control it.
Says it all when she said in that deleted story about how the performance slipped out of “my” control. She might have been the only person singing but she definitely wasn’t the only one performing up there. It’s a team effort but she doesn’t see it that way.

Reactions: 14
Exactly this. Also she “avoids concerts at all costs” because they’re too unpredictable? Firstly, she’s done a lot of solo concerts/performances she definitely didn’t have to do (and could have contracted herself out of). Secondly, and I don’t work in theatre so maybe I’m wrong, theatres aren’t 100% reliable either? Things go wrong, sound gets messed up, people misstep, voices break…
I think the main reason she doesn’t like performing outside of the theatre is because (as someone said earlier), more people see it/film it and she can’t control it.
Says it all when she said in that deleted story about how the performance slipped out of “my” control. She might have been the only person singing but she definitely wasn’t the only one performing up there. It’s a team effort but she doesn’t see it that way.
Exactly this! She may have been the only one singing but the whole of the ensemble was on that stage with her working really hard to pull off the choreography! And they did a really good job! When they are carrying the lead around and making it seem seamless and nobody getting injured (especially when there was some fight choreo in there) it was actually a really good performance to highlight the ensemble work but I really would have loved to see them do It Has To Be Her. That song sounds really good on the cast recording.

Reactions: 5
I get that anxiety is horrific, beleive me I suffer badly with it but because of it Id never go on stage and preform in front of thousands of people.

Every time she preforms there is a risk something could go wrong. She still gets up there and preforms every night. This was a very small mistake, something that wasnt her fault and shes thrown a major wobbler over it. Im sorry anxiety or not she should have atleast preformed last night and today. I can get missing the matinee if shed had an anxiety attack.

When Priscilla was touring a few years back Richard Grieves had a hairspray can explode in his face on stage, he went back the next night after coming off stage the previous night and preformed. Now to me that would have been more anxiety inducing, wondering if it would happen again ect.

She knows the threatre and that she can hear the track ect in it so I dont see the issue 🙈

Reactions: 4
Why would anyone ever want to hire her again after her behaviour this weekend? Her ego is her downfall every day but this is very public and unnecessarily dramatic.

Why would anyone ever want to hire her again after her behaviour this weekend? Her ego is her downfall every day but this is very public and unnecessarily dramatic.
Lets face it, if someone without Carrie's following did this after WEL they'd be cancelled in the theatre community and nobody else would hire them. Carrie gets away with it because of her followers. If it wasn't for Youtube she'd be a swing.

Reactions: 7
My first thought was, 'This show looks really bad. The singing, choreo, storyline...very subpar and not what I'd expect from a westend show.' I didn't even really acknowledge Carrie or that it was her that 'made it bad'. I know she got a lot of criticism on her voice but really it would have been so ignored if she'd said nothing. She has made this so much worse for herself than it needed to be.
I feel sorry for her from an anxiety perspective, I've got it myself so I can only imagine how much she's beating herself up about it. However the LAST thing I would ever think about doing would be to highlight what happened after the fact! That clearly just draws more attention, and it's not good attention.

Lets face it, if someone without Carrie's following did this after WEL they'd be cancelled in the theatre community and nobody else would hire them. Carrie gets away with it because of her followers. If it wasn't for Youtube she'd be a swing.
She wouldn’t even be a swing! Swings have to learn multiple tracks within the same show and go on at the last minute- Carrie would never be able to handle that!

Reactions: 17
Carrie did a video last year in that ‘good evening world’ series where she publicly stated she lives for things going wrong in theatre as it makes it less boring when you’re in a year long contract for a show or whatever. I guess she doesn’t like it when the things that go wrong negatively effect her performance, only when they effect her colleagues.

• Wow
Reactions: 27
Carrie did a video last year in that ‘good evening world’ series where she publicly stated she lives for things going wrong in theatre as it makes it less boring when you’re in a year long contract for a show or whatever. I guess she doesn’t like it when the things that go wrong negatively effect her performance, only when they effect her colleagues.
That's true! I guess she only wants things to go wrong when she's bored that day after doing 20 weeks in a long running contract.

Reactions: 6
Just saw Oli's live and felt he kind of pushed Carrie under the bus saying that west end live is just a taster and shouldnt be a full scene ect which is obviously what they tried to do with cinderella and it didnt work.

Reactions: 3
Yeh, sorry, I don’t feel sorry for her. This is literally her job to perform live. tit happens, things go wrong. Gotta pick yourself up and move on.

I hope she saw the Heathers set from WEL. Becca Wickes absolutely smashed Veronica.

Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.