Caroline Hirons

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just had a peek at her Instagram and she had some work done, hasnā€™t she? There are no creams that lift your cheeks like that. I just wish they were honest about having work done, thereā€™s nothing wrong with it and pretending itā€™s the creams is just plain lying.
Iā€™m also horrified at her hair: I get it, they gift you the salon visits, but please find somebody who can manage your hair, it looks so unhealthy! (PS pay for your bloody blow dries, you strong femal role model šŸ˜‚)
I am about to sound awful. I really like Caroline's advise / personality, but I actually find her skin looks bad and she looks old for her age. With the filler cheeks and stretched face, it looks like leather. And yes she needs a change of hair.

I've had Botox so no judgement. But why, when they do finally admit to it, do they have to say how small a quantity it is they've had?
ā€œA weak diluteā€, copyright Sali Hughes, 2019.

4 ml of filler is a LOT.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I'm mid 50's now and pretty jowly so I'm considering a filler for them - that's why I remember the blog post. I don't follow her anymore as I find her much to aggressive and unkind (I'm a bit wet though!)
I doubt youā€™re wet , she is aggressive and unkind yet she thinks itā€™s part of her appeal for being no nonsense.

Reactions: 4
I wasn't accusing you of accusing her (if that makes sense!) I understood from your post that you were mentioning forums and other people accusing her. To be fair I haven't watched her videos or read her blog in ages because I won't give her the $$$, so if she's been intentionally rude towards K or J beauty brands/practices and is coming across as racist, I wouldn't know. I was just cautioning the thread potentially against calling her racist before she calls the Inghams' lawyers and we all go to jail :ROFLMAO: (this is obviously a joke for anybody who doesn't follow the Inghams thread)
"I was just cautioning the thread potentially against calling her racist before she calls the Inghams' lawyers and we all go to jail :ROFLMAO:" hahaha!!! I don't know about Inghams' lawyers? But totally get your cautioning. I haven't been able to watch her videos in full because it is too excruciating, but from what I've seen and what I've read other people write, her rudeness and ignorance about Asian beauty products/market can come across as uncomfortable. It's also been pointed out that it's because none of the K/J beauty brands have reached out and if she gets money she'll change her tone immediately šŸ˜œ because she really is just about $$$$$, these days

Essentially using perhaps an emollient based cleanser firstly to remove dirt, makeup, grime of the day, followed by a second cleanser, maybe like with a cream cleanser for example, to actually clean the skin itself, help minimise pores, or acne issues etc. So one removes the dirt / make up / oil build up firstly, and the other step tackles caring for the skin itself. If that makes sense?? It's a good 2 step on cleansing.
...oh, and don't forget, CH "invented double cleansing" šŸ˜‚ (the term and method)

I don't understand why the industry/press has caved into Caroline Hirons?

I've used the cleanser, moisturiser, and sunscreen from Dr Sam Bunting's line and they're gorgeous products. Get expensive because they run out really quickly, though.
But I saw that Dr Sam Bunting gave Caroline Hirons the new night serum from her range to review and I felt repulsed and found it off putting. I really hope decent social media skin/beauty accounts don't giver her credit and start to realise that it does more damage than good?
Even though I read good reviews of Dr Sam's new serum, seeing Caroline Hirons rave about it STOPPED me from ordering it because I just cannot trust CH's opinions/reviews/knowledge. Her raves and recommendations have become warnings for products/brands to avoid! Caroline Hirons mentioning any product positively takes away the integrity that a credible and effective brand may have held.

I also unfollowed the account of that makeup artist who called out influencers for their absurd and astronomical sponsorship fees. (something bennett?) He had some good info, but now feels extremist even a little toxic in some of his messages? There are plenty of accounts that encourage accurate facts/evidence based science over "fake news", without being as intense as his. But seeing him promote Caroline Hirons and vice versa sealed the deal for me--I can't trust his skincare advice or attitude/approach to things.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I discovered CH about 4 years ago and like previous posters I have found some of her earlier blogs very helpful to me. I have always had good skin but now spend a bit more time and money thinking about it. However she is now a total sell out. Also she constantly promises blogs on this, videos on that but they never materialise.... that is fine as I suppose she does not technically get paid for them (who knows how shady she is) but she never follows through. Also like SH she thinks very highly of herself. Dare to criticise her loud, shouty attitude and you are 'down on women' and she sets her pack dogs onto you. Also I find it very weird that people fawn over her instagram posts about her skin.... she has had work and uses a filter so how can you really tell what her skin is like.... also like Carol Voderman someone needs to tell her that blond aint the right hair colour for her.

Reactions: 9
I thought her skin was looking very luminous a few weeks back , I did wonder about a filter as she was glowing. I then saw her on SHā€™s stories and she wasn't so luminous and glowing šŸ™„.

#absolutelydiduseafilter.

I've met Caroline a couple of times. Close up her skin looked good, but not remarkable. I think the jowliness makes her look older. A few years ago I met Nigella. She was in her mid 50s. I know she is rumoured to have had work done and at the time she was looking a bit "fillery" in the press. However, close up she looked stunning. She had very pale, lightly freckled skin with the faintest single line on her forehead and fantastic cheekbones. Her skin looked perfect.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Nigella looks like she's made of porcelain.

CH is peri menopausal (according to my spreadsheet) - who knows what she's dealing with or the impact on her skin.

Reactions: 2
I've met Caroline a couple of times. Close up her skin looked good, but not remarkable. I think the jowliness makes her look older. A few years ago I met Nigella. She was in her mid 50s. I know she is rumoured to have had work done and at the time she was looking a bit "fillery" in the press. However, close up she looked stunning. She had very pale, lightly freckled skin with the faintest single line on her forehead and fantastic cheekbones. Her skin looked perfect.
No matter how many #ads CH does, she's unlikely to ever have Nigella money! Nigella always looks beautiful, filler or no filler. I saw her once or twice in London, never actually met her, but she always looked great.

I thought her skin was looking very luminous a few weeks back , I did wonder about a filter as she was glowing. I then saw her on SHā€™s stories and she wasn't so luminous and glowing šŸ™„.

#absolutelydiduseafilter.
Not exclusive to CH, but I hate it when they use filters and pretend they don't. Filters aren't a mystical feature only available to social media users once they reach a certain amount of followers - we all have them and we all know what the heck they look like. Pretending influencers don't use it is just another way in which they talk down to us, assume we're dumb and con us.

Reactions: 3
I discovered CH about 4 years ago and like previous posters I have found some of her earlier blogs very helpful to me. I have always had good skin but now spend a bit more time and money thinking about it. However she is now a total sell out. Also she constantly promises blogs on this, videos on that but they never materialise...
Absolutely spot on. Also her new habit of saying "we" when she means I is very irritating. I'm sure she's got some sort of assistant (probably her niece again, or that flipping attitudinal daughter), but she's trying to give the impression that CH enterprises is much bigger and more professional than it is.

And another thing, nobody has ever been more tired, more rushed off their feet, more "far too busy to post" than she...

Reactions: 10
Absolutely spot on. Also her new habit of saying "we" when she means I is very irritating. I'm sure she's got some sort of assistant (probably her niece again, or that flipping attitudinal daughter), but she's trying to give the impression that CH enterprises is much bigger and more professional than it is.

And another thing, nobody has ever been more tired, more rushed off their feet, more "far too busy to post" than she...
All of this ^.

Do influencers no longer remember what itā€™s like to actually work?
Shooting 4 videos is now classed as ā€œmop my browā€ level of tiredness.
She used to do ā€œreal workā€ so itā€™s a little upsetting to see her always market herself as this incredibly busy and tired superwoman, when people manage to hold down 8-10 hour a day jobs (when not multiple jobs!), go home, keep a house clean and look after families without PAs, cleaners, and other assorted assistants.
My understanding is that Mr Hirons doesnā€™t work, so him making a curry doesnā€™t strike me as this amazing feat worthy of praise - do correct me if Iā€™m wrong and he does work...but itā€™s still a curry, not a 10 course dinner šŸ˜‚
And yes Iā€™m nitpicking, before anybody says so šŸ¤”

Attachments

Reactions: 7
Do influencers no longer remember what itā€™s like to actually work?
Shooting 4 videos is now classed as ā€œmop my browā€ level of tiredness.
She used to do ā€œreal workā€ so itā€™s a little upsetting to see her always market herself as this incredibly busy and tired superwoman, when people manage to hold down 8-10 hour a day jobs (when not multiple jobs!), go home, keep a house clean and look after families without PAs, cleaners, and other assorted assistants.
My understanding is that Mr Hirons doesnā€™t work, so him making a curry doesnā€™t strike me as this amazing feat worthy of praise - do correct me if Iā€™m wrong and he does work...but itā€™s still a curry, not a 10 course dinner šŸ˜‚
And yes Iā€™m nitpicking, before anybody says so šŸ¤”
No one works as hard as The Hirons, didnā€™t you knowšŸ˜‰ . Sitting on oneā€™s arse and editing 4 videos doesnā€™t strike me as hard work . I know itā€™s the blog and not her day job but itā€™s not Astro physics . I have no clue about Jim, isnā€™t he a musician?

I assume all the tiredness stuff is because she does vlogs etc alongside the consulting etc? A tit tonne of research seems to have gone into the retinol series but she's not a one man band.

Jim is /was a musician ... in what way who knows but yeah now he's the homemaker (sorry I love using that vomitous American word).

I assume all the tiredness stuff is because she does vlogs etc alongside the consulting etc? A tit tonne of research seems to have gone into the retinol series but she's not a one man band.

Jim is /was a musician ... in what way who knows but yeah now he's the homemaker (sorry I love using that vomitous American word).
From what I have seen in the past her Son and niece work for her so, as you say, sheā€™s not juggling it all by herself .

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I take issue with the ā€œlook at how hard i workā€ stuff because itā€™s another way to be dishonest. She obviously has a team so doesnā€™t do everything by herself, and if her husband is at home, she also doesnā€™t do the bulk of the housework (they are wealthy enough to have help around the house as well if they need it, Iā€™m sure).
It makes her followers feel like underachievers because she presents this image of superbosslady, supermum etc. Itā€™s another way to make followers feel inadequate and whether she does it on purpose or not, she needs to cut it out and be real. This isnā€™t a sin exclusive to her, most influencers do it but some are honest enough to remind people that they know how lucky they are to have this as a job.
I take special issue with all the influencers calling themselves feminists and consistently, absent-mindedly putting their followers (mostly women for the beauty gurus) down by lording over everybody how much they accomplish. Itā€™s a pet peeve of mine.
Iā€™m not even sure they realise 100% what they are doing but with great power comes great responsibilityšŸ˜…

I take issue with the ā€œlook at how hard i workā€ stuff because itā€™s another way to be dishonest. She obviously has a team so doesnā€™t do everything by herself, and if her husband is at home, she also doesnā€™t do the bulk of the housework (they are wealthy enough to have help around the house as well if they need it, Iā€™m sure).
It makes her followers feel like underachievers because she presents this image of superbosslady, supermum etc. Itā€™s another way to make followers feel inadequate and whether she does it on purpose or not, she needs to cut it out and be real. This isnā€™t a sin exclusive to her, most influencers do it but some are honest enough to remind people that they know how lucky they are to have this as a job.
I take special issue with all the influencers calling themselves feminists and consistently, absent-mindedly putting their followers (mostly women for the beauty gurus) down by lording over everybody how much they accomplish. Itā€™s a pet peeve of mine.
Iā€™m not even sure they realise 100% what they are doing but with great power comes great responsibilityšŸ˜…
Yes I agree completely. Ruth Crilly is terrible for this , telling everyone how stressed she always is because she takes so much on . I donā€™t know how sheā€™d manage without the Nanny and the additional help Iā€™m sure she must have . That Georgian pile doesnā€™t clean itself šŸ˜Š.

Sorry Iā€™ve gone off topic.

Reactions: 6
I reckon CH will launch a range eventually and Ava will be the face of it - for the appropriate age group naturally.

Reactions: 1
I reckon CH will launch a range eventually and Ava will be the face of it - for the appropriate age group naturally.
Caroline is a great sales woman and could sell ice to Eskimos but do you think she has enough clout to sell her own skincare? , Iā€™m not sure.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.