Caroline Hirons

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I quite like some of her advice and opinions but I can’t stand how much of an ego she has. She looks ridiculous with those lashes, her hair is fried and she looks like she has had plastic surgery! Apart from that I like her 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Is that what they're peddling though? I never hear CH or SH mention age and ir's not what I've been responding to - I'm under no illusion about time going backwards (41) just want bright skin. The products and companies themselves may talk about anti aging and anti wrinkle but not sure CH is ........ could be I'm just not hearing it though as it's not what I'm after.

CH's face is so so mobile, forehead full of lines when she makes a face ..... it's noticeable in comparison to SH's immobile death mask.
No but that was part of my point. The person I was responding to said that she wants to take skin care advice from someone who is older but doesn't look it. Which is fine. But chances are that person's good looks have little to do with the products they are using and mainly to do with genetics. I listened to a few podcasts with Caroline and from what I heard, she isn't trying to turn back the hands of time. She's trying to age with grace. That's not a phrase I would reserve for her but you get the idea. I know SH and NB have both had work done. I don't know anything about Hughes but Nadine openly admits to it.

Reactions: 2
It’s not just Clinique. She’s removed all evidence of it from her blog now, but a few years ago she said she was never going to review another Sunday Riley product. The assumption was that she’d tried to call in a few products for herself but they’d had no idea who she was and must have declined. Big mistake. Huge.

Scroll forward a few years to when the paid posts start rolling in, and she’s suddenly all over the (now tit in the UK) reformulated Good Genes, the new retinol, etc.

Reactions: 6
Did anyone listen to her on Gi Fletchers podcast? I hadn’t planned to but I had nothing else to listen to and I thought ‘I’ll give it a go’ I managed about 10 minutes - the woman is so aggressive! So arrogant! Why on Earth she was on HMHB I don’t know!

I Ilstened to her on Giovanna's podcast too. She is so aggressive. I can understand her being so angry with anti vaxers due to how seriously ill her son was with mumps, but instead of being so nasty, why doesn't she raise awareness of the need for young people to have boosters? She could raise an awareness campaign campaign and do something positive. People respond better to positivity than nastiness.

Reactions: 8
I Ilstened to her on Giovanna's podcast too. She is so aggressive. I can understand her being so angry with anti vaxers due to how seriously ill her son was with mumps, but instead of being so nasty, why doesn't she raise awareness of the need for young people to have boosters? She could raise an awareness campaign campaign and do something positive. People respond better to positivity than nastiness.
Caroline is a typical bull in a china shop.

She doesn’t do negotiation or a soft sell, it’s her way or the highway. Her arrogance is second to none.

Reactions: 9
It’s not just Clinique. She’s removed all evidence of it from her blog now, but a few years ago she said she was never going to review another Sunday Riley product. The assumption was that she’d tried to call in a few products for herself but they’d had no idea who she was and must have declined. Big mistake. Huge.

Scroll forward a few years to when the paid posts start rolling in, and she’s suddenly all over the (now tit in the UK) reformulated Good Genes, the new retinol, etc.
I remember the SR debacle! She sold Good Genes and Luna to us for ages and then suddenly they were out of favour with her, only to mysteriously return as ads and spons. So very honest.

Watch out, she's gonna screencap this and say that "strong women are called nasty by mysogynists", which is true but doesn't apply here of course, but she's always defending her abrasiveness as her being a strong woman. It's so very tiring.... I have it on good authority that you can be a strong woman without being aggressive and crass all the time.

Reactions: 6
She'd make a bloody good scrum half in rugby, I wouldn't want to mess with her😂😂😂

• Haha
Just had a peek at her Instagram and she had some work done, hasn’t she? There are no creams that lift your cheeks like that. I just wish they were honest about having work done, there’s nothing wrong with it and pretending it’s the creams is just plain lying.
I’m also horrified at her hair: I get it, they gift you the salon visits, but please find somebody who can manage your hair, it looks so unhealthy! (PS pay for your bloody blow dries, you strong femal role model 😂)

• Haha
Apart from the work she had done on her eye bags l really don't think she's had any other cosmetic surgery. Have a look on Giovanna Fletcher's Instagram. There's a recent video of Caroline on her show and it isn't flattering.

See attached.
That is one unflattering video 😖 I still think a bit of filler in the cheeks is at play there considering her age. Again, nothing wrong with it in my opinion if she had filler.
My issue is always the lying. I could be wrong obviously since I’m not her doctor 😂

She wrote this on her blog at the beginning of the year

In the spirit of being completely transparent, as I always said I would, I had my first experience of fillers over the New Year break. Between getting older, losing weight, and the year from hell in 2016, I woke up one day in December and thought ‘I want to speak to a derm about these jowls’, where previously I had always thought ‘not yet, I’m not that bothered..’. I was bothered. I watched this video from Sam Chapman and it resonated. I had similar placement to Sam, basic hyaluronic acid filler at 4mls in total (less than half a teaspoon), in my upper cheeks, lower jaw line and marionette lines. It’s still settling in but I honestly love it. No-one has noticed anything other than to say ‘you look well..’ – which is exactly what I wanted. That was it. No botox, no filler anywhere else, my forehead, brows, eyes, nose, lips etc are all still devoid of any foreign materials – all my own.

She wrote this on her blog at the beginning of the year

In the spirit of being completely transparent, as I always said I would, I had my first experience of fillers over the New Year break. Between getting older, losing weight, and the year from hell in 2016, I woke up one day in December and thought ‘I want to speak to a derm about these jowls’, where previously I had always thought ‘not yet, I’m not that bothered..’. I was bothered. I watched this video from Sam Chapman and it resonated. I had similar placement to Sam, basic hyaluronic acid filler at 4mls in total (less than half a teaspoon), in my upper cheeks, lower jaw line and marionette lines. It’s still settling in but I honestly love it. No-one has noticed anything other than to say ‘you look well..’ – which is exactly what I wanted. That was it. No botox, no filler anywhere else, my forehead, brows, eyes, nose, lips etc are all still devoid of any foreign materials – all my own.
Thanks! I don’t follow the blog anymore so I missed this. Fillers only last between 6 and 12 months, which would explain her “marionette lines” being back (awful term for them but that’s what people use). I had fillers myself so there’s zero judgement but like others here I’m convinced there’s more at play especially the eye bags?
I didn’t notice weight loss as I don’t really look at photos and videos that often, I hope she didn’t go on any of those crazy detoxes as that would be off brand for her and bad for her body. I never thought she looked bad anyway, she’s had 4 (5?) kids after all, if I remember correctly?

I'm mid 50's now and pretty jowly so I'm considering a filler for them - that's why I remember the blog post. I don't follow her anymore as I find her much to aggressive and unkind (I'm a bit wet though!)

I'm mid 50's now and pretty jowly so I'm considering a filler for them - that's why I remember the blog post. I don't follow her anymore as I find her much to aggressive and unkind (I'm a bit wet though!)
Never regretted the fillers, in fact planning to do it again soon! They really helped me gain some confidence back after three deaths in the family and big issues at work made me age 5 years in 6 months. Just make sure you’re going to somebody reputable, lots of cowboys out there doing fillers in the backrooms of beauty salons and read some horror stories! (Sorry for the OT)

Reactions: 1
Never regretted the fillers, in fact planning to do it again soon! They really helped me gain some confidence back after three deaths in the family and big issues at work made me age 5 years in 6 months. Just make sure you’re going to somebody reputable, lots of cowboys out there doing fillers in the backrooms of beauty salons and read some horror stories! (Sorry for the OT)
Thanks, I will do research - and take note of the horror stories!

I've had Botox so no judgement. But why, when they do finally admit to it, do they have to say how small a quantity it is they've had?

I've had Botox so no judgement. But why, when they do finally admit to it, do they have to say how small a quantity it is they've had?
I guess it’s because the desperately need to remind us that they are better than us.
It’s funny she is stressing how “little” it is, but 4 ml of fillers is a lot! I get 1 ml between two areas and I thought it was quite a bit already 🤷‍♀️

I've got chubby cheeks (41) when I smile I can't see passed them. Truly, it's the only benefit of being fat of face.

My marionette lines do bother me a bit - I think because I have a fuller face they're deeper.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in my prime. I go by Barbara Cartland's advice that after a certain age you choose your face or your bottom. ( Or it could be that I'm greedy!)

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.