Caroline Hirons

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t really get why they air their dirty linen with brands on the sites where their customers are. It seems really unprofessional, as per this today. How dare brands request more for their money, it’s almost like... wait.. it’s a business?

Waiting for Bobbi Brown to post saying ‘Dear Influencers, it was great while it lasted but now you’re more transparent than our crystal lipgloss and sales are dropping. So how about a little more effort for your money? Seeing as you apparently ‘love our products so much that you already use them and would mention them anyway’.

Also, I know I’m going on, but shouldn’t deliverables, for payment, actually be very specific?
I thought the same. What would be really interesting is to know what they are paid. If we are talking in the thousands then moaning about whether it is 3 or 4 frames means these people have really lost the plot... like most things in the world today people want more for their money so they (influencers, as basically that is what you are Caroline, nothing more nothing less despite how much you like to spout on about your so called qualifications....newsflash training in a brands product is not a qualification) cannot expect to be immune.

Also it is proof that despite what they say about brands they love and would use even if they had to buy themselves ( really 🤣) they basically will just work for the highest bidder.

Reactions: 9
So it’s ok for derms to mention French pharmacy brands, just not as much. Wow, Caroline doesn’t want much then.

Is she still on This Morning, or have they seen sense and got rid?
She hasn’t appeared since, AFAIK, she went on plugging Altrient-C as a beauty supplement and did not disclose she was being paid by Altrient-C. Sarah Jossel had an appearance not long after and said taking a vit c supplement would not really help beauty-wise. You could see Holly frowning and ready to ask Sarah about it in the ad break. Haven’t seen Caroline on there since.

Shame it had to come to Sarah having to set the story straight really - I was genuinely surprised Caroline did not have to disclose a lucrative paid partnership for prime time tv. She would have been paid for the appearance too.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
I don’t really get why they air their dirty linen with brands on the sites where their customers are. It seems really unprofessional, as per this today. How dare brands request more for their money, it’s almost like... wait.. it’s a business?

Waiting for Bobbi Brown to post saying ‘Dear Influencers, it was great while it lasted but now you’re more transparent than our crystal lipgloss and sales are dropping. So how about a little more effort for your money? Seeing as you apparently ‘love our products so much that you already use them and would mention them anyway’.

Also, I know I’m going on, but shouldn’t deliverables, for payment, actually be very specific?
Brands have no doubt paid influencers in the past to advertise a product on the understanding it would be done properly and the influencer has given it a cursory single story and grabbed the payment! Brands are more savvy now and don’t want to be ripped off by influencers.
Also they know one story means the audience is likely to click past and not even notice the product. The brand has probably done research that 3 or 4 stories gives sufficient attention and time to the product and can ‘stick’ even if the audience swipes past. Ofc Hirons likes to think she knows best and acting a dick like this. Also who bashes their clients publicly like this??!

I find this request super reasonable as well. They are asking for 60 seconds worth of Instagram story content. As you say @Curio the whole point of agreeing deliverables is clarity on both sides.

But oh no, can’t upset Queen Hirons. She’s ridiculous. I don’t think brands will stop working with her though because she shifts units.

Reactions: 5
Good grief! It's not like she looks like she spends much effort on her posts anyway. She's deluded. Someone above mentioned her "qualifications" AKA training in brands. I remember this when I first looked at her old website when SH first foisted her presence on us. I thought "WHAT?!" at the time. She also heavily featured the fact that she came from 3 generations of cosmetologist or whatever. Hilarious. Like they're the Fabergés or something.
Her post is massively unprofessional.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I can see the price list now:

1 x shot of you in bed with flu with product on glass side table - £2000

1 x shot of you claiming post ‘flu’ that it’s rejuvenating your skin - £2000

1 x shot of you wearing lipstick but not saying which one it is so that at least three people ask and are responded to - £2000

• Haha
Reactions: 11
BBC post about the woman who was made redundant from Liz Earle whilst 8 months pregnant and received £17k compensation. Hirons has commented 'the stories I could tell' so sodding tell them!!

(Facebook post)

PhotoGrid_1578693806232.jpg

Reactions: 4
BBC post about the woman who was made redundant from Liz Earle whilst 8 months pregnant and received £17k compensation. Hirons has commented 'the stories I could tell' so sodding tell them!!

(Facebook post)
She never will. Chances are there are no stories. She’s that person who ‘checks in’ at the GP surgery or hospital on Facebook with no explanation. Or posts those irritating “you know who your friends are...” memes, so she can bask in the ‘u ok hun?’ posts. 🥱

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I haven't read through the whole thread, so apologies if this has already been mentioned, but the one thing that REALLY annoyed me about CH was when she used go on about how she "came from a long line of beauty and skincare experts" as both her mother and grandmother had "both been in the field"

Yeah, they all worked on make up counters. Of which there's absolutely nothing wrong with, but she always made it sound as though all her family had been qualified dermatologists who really stood out in their field.

Reactions: 16
I started following Caroline as she seemed to get mentioned in quite a few other accounts that I follow. To be fair, I followed some of her more basic skin care routines and my skin has definitely benefitted from it. The way she comes across though is appalling sometimes, she's honest that what you see is what you get, but sometimes the aggression and the superiority that comes across seems quite bad for such a high profile instagrammer.

Reactions: 7
I liked the lineage originally, it seemed a lovely connection but I don’t think it adds authority or knowledge really, but she wields it that way.

She is totally responsible for my skincare regime which has worked amazingly but I quit alll the channels last year. The aggression in superiority isn’t a vibe I enjoy.

Reactions: 7
I haven't read through the whole thread, so apologies if this has already been mentioned, but the one thing that REALLY annoyed me about CH was when she used go on about how she "came from a long line of beauty and skincare experts" as both her mother and grandmother had "both been in the field"

Yeah, they all worked on make up counters. Of which there's absolutely nothing wrong with, but she always made it sound as though all her family had been qualified dermatologists who really stood out in their field.
Ditto, acting like the authority, when looking at her site she is not a derm but qualified in aesthetics, and has spent most of her time in marketing and retail. Not that there is anything wrong with this, but being so aggressively "my way is right" when it comes to working as an influencer with brands or skin health & ingredients is arrogant. Other influencers know their role, they share, they promote, how is Caroline's role any different, bar being hailed as some sort of guru?

Guess she can top Sali's "loved it for years"..... "it's literally in my blood".

Also, can't believe how much product she gets through in the "empties" videos! All that plastic too. Makes you think if the financial value of these things is just non-existent, when you get provided with that huge amount of pr.

Last edited:
I liked the lineage originally, it seemed a lovely connection but I don’t think it adds authority or knowledge really, but she wields it that way.

She is totally responsible for my skincare regime which has worked amazingly but I quit alll the channels last year. The aggression in superiority isn’t a vibe I enjoy.
I liked it too but actually it means nothing without training to back it up. It would be like me saying “I come from three generations of bus drivers”, that makes for a lovely story but they’re sure as tit not going to let me behind the wheel without training!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.