Caroline Hirons

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have to say; I love Future Dew, it’s glorious ❤ , spoken from a post meno face which drinks up any moisture I throw at it .

Reactions: 3
Future Dew is an interesting hybrid product - glycerine, squalane, plant oils, hyaluronic acid and a little mica. Glossier is clever. A bet a lot of beauty companies are creating copycat versions as I type. Hopefully with ethically sourced mica.

Reactions: 5
She’s ill again. She is always ill. Always severe back/virus/flu - the worst anyone has ever suffered. And yet the lashes are still on clogged with mascara making me feel queasy

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
She’s ill again. She is always ill. Always severe back/virus/flu - the worst anyone has ever suffered. And yet the lashes are still on clogged with mascara making me feel queasy
How do they survive her twice daily double cleanse?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
It’s only now I recall what an enormous fuss The Hulk-Hiron made when IG new declaration rules came in. She was full of eye rolling and heavy sighs and ‘why didn’t they consult me?” As if it was all done to inconvenience her and now we see how their whole fecking lives are #gifted and how It was vital to their continued business model to keep that fact quiet.

Reactions: 9
It’s only now I recall what an enormous fuss The Hulk-Hiron made when IG new declaration rules came in. She was full of eye rolling and heavy sighs and ‘why didn’t they consult me?” As if it was all done to inconvenience her and now we see how their whole fecking lives are #gifted and how It was vital to their continued business model to keep that fact quiet.
Yes. The rules changing was hugely eye opening for me and the biggest give away was how influencers reacted to it. In my mind there was roughly three camps
  1. No changes because they were broadly declaring their work along those lines anyway
  2. The ones that acknowledged the changes, clarified to their followers how they would be labelling posts from there on, and then just got on with it
  3. The ones who moaned and whined and wrote screen after screen’s worth of words why they think it’s unfair and stupid (usually dressed up as ‘it’s now unfair/unclear/confusing to you guys’ — err, no). These one are still rallying against the ‘injustice’ at every opportunity.
And surprise surprise it was the ones in cat 3 who suddenly had to declare WAY more than ever before and it became apparent why they were so anti transparency.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I've just watched 3 mins of the ITB. KS is really clunkily cut off in edit after mentiong Paris trip. From about 2.08 in SH reminds me of the classic Amy Winehouse clip when Dido's mentioned. SH could hardly look more bored. Also lack of verbal nodding from SH means it feels quite awkward.
I googled SH + KS the other day. One result from SHB about US shopping.

Reactions: 4
And surprise surprise it was the ones in cat 3 who suddenly had to declare WAY more than ever before and it became apparent why they were so anti transparency.
Someone on the Sali thread mentioned British Beauty Blogger. Still seems to have a lot of affliates/ sponsored posts but I feel like there is some genuine 'insider' news about trends which can inform my purchasing.

Reactions: 2
I got something wrong about ten thousand threads ago so just posting to correct. I said IK sold her Primrose Hill house for £13,000,000. It was half that, £6,500,000. I don't know where I got the other figure from.

Reactions: 1
Someone on the Sali thread mentioned British Beauty Blogger. Still seems to have a lot of affliates/ sponsored posts but I feel like there is some genuine 'insider' news about trends which can inform my purchasing.
Oh that was me. BBB has, afaik, always been transparent about how she works and who she works with. It’s always clearly marked and upfront. I don’t think I’ve ever felt tricked into click a blog post that turned out to be sponsored. I have no issues with affiliate links as long as it’s clear and declared.

I like that she has been in the biz a long time, has seen it all and is obviously passionate about the industry, not just because it’s a lucrative business to be in.

I also don’t think she had to change much when the new rules came in, as I recall, possibly some tweaks to wording. In any case she’s in cat 1 in my mind. But would be open to hearing any misgivings you have as I can’t say I pay too much attention.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.