Caroline Hirons

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know. So tiresome. If you were that worried you just wouldn't. And what genuine feedback would you get anyway? People are hardly going to say 'duck me you look rough'. I can understand if people post with a specific problem eg spots, pores etc but just a general 'just to let you know you needn't fear aging freaks, this is me at 47' (which I saw yesterday) is bizarre.
Oh the constant need for the “OMG Queen your skin is flawless” comments drive me nuts.... to be honest I followed CH’s advice with all the steps and saw no great improvement in my skin at all. Makes you realise pretty quickly she’s all about the 🤑 and nothing truly to do with helping

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I just had enough of the pic of the yellow plastic bag arriving to its destination in various parts of the world. Though to be fair i also laughed out loud when one lady wanting to prove to us all how big the bag was - thus worth the money - took a pic of herself with both her feet in it, i suspected a troll but sadly wasn’t:)

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Btw. Lisa Eldridge is selling velvet makeup bags (pre order) for 18 punds (I do want to get one of her velvet lipsticks the next time I get paid).

Now see, we are all more aware of what is going on in for example China, with their "re-education camps", and many widely known companies have been exposed, boycotted etc for using such labour to manufacture goods. C should understand that this is what consumers are concerned with, wanting security that we are not supporting such harm. What even is the country of origin of these bags? She has said they had to be quickly flown over. Fast fashion items come with a cost, from the materials to the labour. Her being vague isn't exactly helping in justifying selling an expensive plastic bag, that as far as consumers can see, may have, as with many others, been bought cheap at a high human cost.

I just think she could, if using ethical sources, presented this much better. Be transparent, without the superiority, "this bag was made in x factory in x country, that has x certification". Otherwise, we will all reasonably jump to conclusions, just as we do about those primark bags she is talking about.

Also judging on some of the comments, from those who have received the bag... they have realised that despite the special logo tag, it's just a squished plastic bag. emperor's new clothes and the cult of personality.

Reactions: 7
Also judging on some of the comments, from those who have received the bag... they have realised that despite the special logo tag, it's just a squished plastic bag. emperor's new clothes and the cult of personality.
Oh, really? Can they return them, do you know?

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Oh that group is just unbelievable. I can’t leave because I’m too hooked on the sheer smugness of some posters. They bang on and on and on about how they think you should wash your face ... and the use of retinol daily. Trust me, you use retinol daily and I’ll be able to spot you. You’re the one who’s permanently altered the texture of your skin. I can always spot the over use of chemical exfoliant.

But I mainly stay to lol at the fawning sycophants. Makes me cringe myself inside out but I can’t stop reading.

here’s a thing though. How your skin ages is mainly due to genetics. Of course, lifestyle factors such as smoking, drinking and sunbathing will take their toll but ultimately it is genetics that influence how you will age.This craze for smothering yourself in factor 50 every single day of the year is just insane. You do not need to do that. It’s isn’t necessary at all. But if Queen Hirons says it is... must be true eh?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Oh that group is just unbelievable. I can’t leave because I’m too hooked on the sheer smugness of some posters. They bang on and on and on about how they think you should wash your face ... and the use of retinol daily. Trust me, you use retinol daily and I’ll be able to spot you. You’re the one who’s permanently altered the texture of your skin. I can always spot the over use of chemical exfoliant.

But I mainly stay to lol at the fawning sycophants. Makes me cringe myself inside out but I can’t stop reading.

here’s a thing though. How your skin ages is mainly due to genetics. Of course, lifestyle factors such as smoking, drinking and sunbathing will take their toll but ultimately it is genetics that influence how you will age.This craze for smothering yourself in factor 50 every single day of the year is just insane. You do not need to do that. It’s isn’t necessary at all. But if Queen Hirons says it is... must be true eh?
Totally agree with everything you’ve said here. How about the ones that go mental at those who don’t wear factor 50 if staying indoors that day, just incase the sunlight comes through the windows! That just cracks me up! (But angers me at the same time!) [emoji2370][emoji2370]

• Wow
Totally agree with everything you’ve said here. How about the ones that go mental at those who don’t wear factor 50 if staying indoors that day, just incase the sunlight comes through the windows! That just cracks me up! (But angers me at the same time!) [emoji2370][emoji2370]
Oh god, whenever there are “guidelines” there are people (well, women) who interpret them SO literally. Honestly, some women in that group seem terrified of the sun bordering on agoraphobic. Talking about leaving the curtains closed all day so the light can’t get in 🤦‍♀️

It’s the same on Mumsnet. You know the guidelines that say your baby should sleep in your room for the first six months, because research shows that it lowers the risk of SIDS? Some women think that means you cannot leave the room your baby is sleeping in, and you need to call in your partner to watch the baby if you need to go to the toilet. One woman complained that her evenings were so boring, as she sat in a dark room from 7pm with the baby, and her husband watched telly on his own downstairs. That is not what the guidelines recommend! But if you want to interpret them in the most literal way possible, that’s where you end up!

Oh god, whenever there are “guidelines” there are people (well, women) who interpret them SO literally. Honestly, some women in that group seem terrified of the sun bordering on agoraphobic. Talking about leaving the curtains closed all day so the light can’t get in 🤦‍♀️

It’s the same on Mumsnet. You know the guidelines that say your baby should sleep in your room for the first six months, because research shows that it lowers the risk of SIDS? Some women think that means you cannot leave the room your baby is sleeping in, and you need to call in your partner to watch the baby if you need to go to the toilet. One woman complained that her evenings were so boring, as she sat in a dark room from 7pm with the baby, and her husband watched telly on his own downstairs. That is not what the guidelines recommend! But if you want to interpret them in the most literal way possible, that’s where you end up!
It makes me so glad that I had my son really before the internet and especially social media really took off. Its a wonder our kids ever survived.... oh I know why because we are used common sense and did not check with 6 million people if our babies took a tit that did not look right. Give CH her due, she has many faults but she doesn't strike me as a precious parent, even though she has 4 kids don't you know. I wonder sometimes what the hell she thinks about Lily Pebbles and her PFB

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Oh god, whenever there are “guidelines” there are people (well, women) who interpret them SO literally. Honestly, some women in that group seem terrified of the sun bordering on agoraphobic. Talking about leaving the curtains closed all day so the light can’t get in [emoji2356]

Omg! [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Reactions: 2
I read her (latest) fb rant with interest. The one where she’s berating the little people for daring to message her for a freebie kit. I bet it’ll be nowhere near the amount of people she makes out for starters, but I found it interesting and telling that instead of just ignoring the messages (super easy to do, just don’t accept them and the author of said message will be none the wiser) she chose to tell them all off scathingly and publicly which says more about her ego that anything else. Sort of people shaming, alienating her members and asserting herself as credible leader ALL AT THE SAME TIME

takes some talent that does

Reactions: 5
@Anafurlactic ... i wonder, do they get alienated anylonger or it is the new normal?She did already set the direction of the group: follow the beloved leader, don’t question much, do not have a personality or you get reported to the admins, follow the guidelines and get to be the freak of the week:) lately there seems to be a competition of ‘not skincare related’ apologetic posts, becomes more and more difficult to just scroll past. And the one that extremely politely proposes a separate group for those posts gets shot down with: this is a ‘happy place’. The group memberships are increasing by the week, there will always be fresh blood to buy the newest box, so CH must be doing something right.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.