Caroline Hirons

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s claiming the Waterstones website went down because of her 🤣 So many people were rushing to pre-order a book that isn’t out for SEVEN months, they broke Waterstones? Suuuuuure.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Why would anyone pre-order a book that early? Surely she'll do a book tour and her fans will want to get theirs at the event and have it signed.

Reactions: 1
Skincare tips, will that include how she rejects her own apparently pale skin tone, to need to look "healthier" by baking her skin in the sun, or clogging it up with fake tan? Who even uses phrases like being "pale" makes her look "ill", and the "pale and interesting" tit, rather than show contentment and that skin health isn't determined by how much orange you cake on.

That cleansing your face in the shower is apparently "dirty"?

A list of recommended products that she is "working with"

That shoving all your plastic containers in a recycling bin (if they are even accepted!) makes all the unsustainable plastic waste fine and dandy loves!

Reactions: 4
She hasn't said that it is dirty to wash it face in the shower. Her objection is that the water is often too hot for the face.

Reactions: 2
She hasn't said that it is dirty to wash it face in the shower. Her objection is that the water is often too hot for the face.
My mistake, I'm sure I heard someone refer to her comment about the shower cleanse being "dirty". Her objection is a bit silly then, as it's not as if people are using boiling water on their skin. No different to her magical "hot cloth" cleanses.

Reactions: 3
My mistake, I'm sure I heard someone refer to her comment about the shower cleanse being "dirty". Her objection is a bit silly then, as it's not as if people are using boiling water on their skin. No different to her magical "hot cloth" cleanses.
I think she said it’s dirty to not wash your face in the morning because of all the grime that accumulates over night.

I think she said it’s dirty to not wash your face in the morning because of all the grime that accumulates over night.
Okay, my mistake. Wonder then what she makes of all the other skincare gurus who recommend to only wash your face with water in the morning (don't really get it myself as surely you want to clean away all the lotions/masks)? And if her quote stands correct, then a quick face cleanse in the shower is surely better than nothing (guess some people don't or can't wash their faces in the morn?) . As not everyone has the time, need, finances to "hot cloth double cleanse".

Okay, my mistake. Wonder then what she makes of all the other skincare gurus who recommend to only wash your face with water in the morning (don't really get it myself as surely you want to clean away all the lotions/masks)? And if her quote stands correct, then a quick face cleanse in the shower is surely better than nothing (guess some people don't or can't wash their faces in the morn?) . As not everyone has the time, need, finances to "hot cloth double cleanse".
Well my skin is super dry and all my lotions and potions have usually absorbed by the morning so I don’t often do two washes a day. I think it’s how dogmatic she is that is questionable

Well my skin is super dry and all my lotions and potions have usually absorbed by the morning so I don’t often do two washes a day. I think it’s how dogmatic she is that is questionable
That's fair enough, everyone has different needs (I tend to -shock horror- just use a cleanser in the shower). I agree, this highlights her "my way is the only way" approach isn't ideal.

That's fair enough, everyone has different needs (I tend to -shock horror- just use a cleanser in the shower). I agree, this highlights her "my way is the only way" approach isn't ideal.
I’m so annoyed with myself for taking so long to realise!

I’m around the same age as CH and have been able ( in the past) to afford expensive skincare , occasionally bought stuff on the back of her advice and that of Sali Hughes.

I have found cheaper options work just as well , Cerave, LRP and Avene and an exfoliating lotion a couple of times a week .

I’m around the same age as CH and have been able ( in the past) to afford expensive skincare , occasionally bought stuff on the back of her advice and that of Sali Hughes.

I have found cheaper options work just as well , Cerave, LRP and Avene and an exfoliating lotion a couple of times a week .
Definitely - even better in so many cases

There’s a thread on here called Actually Honest about skincare and so on. It came from the Sali Hughes thread (her beauty book is called Pretty Honest but it’s actuallt full of fluff)

Just thought I’d let you know in case anyone wants helpful skincare chat. It’s a bit quiet at the moment but would be nice for more voices!

She did. And I disagree - I'm sure there are millions, probably billions of people out there who only use water in the morning to wash their faces and that's just fine! My face would fall off if I'd HCC twice a day (I don't do it in the evening either - I do take off make-up and SPF) and really, this borders on obessive washing to me. I don't have nuclear waste on my skin. (Besides, isn't her skin inflamed quite often? She does mention it regularly. Maybe it's time to go easy on the skin.)

Absolutely. I've bought so much expensive stuff based on their recommendations...some of it was nice, some of it was a waste of money (I'm looking at you, Blue Cocoon) and I've pretty much gone off it now. I mean, whatever floats your boat, but their thinly disguised ads just put me off most brands.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.