Caroline Hirons

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've never understood her obsession with shower face washing tbh. Chilll out. Who's got time to do all that twice (a woman who lives in central London and drives everywhere) - evening cleansing is a lovely ritual for me , in the morning it's face up in the shower and a sweep of micellar water and some moisturiser.

Reactions: 7
She did. And I disagree - I'm sure there are millions, probably billions of people out there who only use water in the morning to wash their faces and that's just fine! My face would fall off if I'd HCC twice a day (I don't do it in the evening either - I do take off make-up and SPF) and really, this borders on obessive washing to me. I don't have nuclear waste on my skin. (Besides, isn't her skin inflamed quite often? She does mention it regularly. Maybe it's time to go easy on the skin.)

Absolutely. I've bought so much expensive stuff based on their recommendations...some of it was nice, some of it was a waste of money (I'm looking at you, Blue Cocoon) and I've pretty much gone off it now. I mean, whatever floats your boat, but their thinly disguised ads just put me off most brands.
I was so tempted by Blue Cocoon but couldn’t get past the price , thank God😅.

Her skin has reacted badly previously , she always has an excuse, it’s never the shed load of active ingredients she exposes it to.

I've never understood her obsession with shower face washing tbh. Chilll out. Who's got time to do all that twice (a woman who lives in central London and drives everywhere) - evening cleansing is a lovely ritual for me , in the morning it's face up in the shower and a sweep of micellar water and some moisturiser.
Same - I love my evening routine (ideally in front of a good boxset or with a podcast on) but morning routine has been trimmed down to essentials!

I do think she has a lovely glow sometimes but it’s quite hard to tell what’s a filter and which products actually give those results. Tretinoin def the clear winner but I’m wondering about acids again.

There’s a Dermatologist I follow on IG , Anjali Mahto, who is suffering from severe acne atm and she’s on roaccutane. She’s using micellar water for a cleanse , if it’s good enough for her I’ll ignore anything CH suggests.

Same - I love my evening routine (ideally in front of a good boxset or with a podcast on) but morning routine has been trimmed down to essentials!

I do think she has a lovely glow sometimes but it’s quite hard to tell what’s a filter and which products actually give those results. Tretinoin def the clear winner but I’m wondering about acids again.
I’ve also thought she is very glowy but when she and SH were at an Estée Lauder event the stories weren’t so kind and she looked a bit rough tbh do I’m erring on the side of filter .

Reactions: 3
It's in one of her cheat sheets:

I have never put my face under the shower. Never. It’s too hot for your face (well my choice of water temperature certainly is). You also have all the surfactants from your shampoo running all over your face.

Clearly my way of showering varies wildly from hers. I don't use water that's too hot for my face AND I manage not to have all the "surfectants" from my shampoo running all over my face. And even if I DID I wouldn't mind.

I was so tempted by Blue Cocoon but couldn’t get past the price , thank God😅.

Her skin has reacted badly previously , she always has an excuse, it’s never the shed load of active ingredients she exposes it to.
Blue Cocoon smells amazing. But the price tag is bonkers and it wasn't ~miraculous~ in any way.

Last edited:
She assumes everyone washes their hair everyday then?

I think she has good skin and decent perk for a 50 year old woman. That was what appealed to me - no surgically stretched face, someone who is tired, had a sleeplessness night, lives in dense car pollution, hormonal - whatever - how you could be all those things or some of things and bring out the best in what you've got. In her Instagram stories today I think her eybags look very dark - perhaps she was excited about her book announcement and didn't sleep well. This tit is fine with me - I would like to know about injectables and also be shouted at about other things a bit less but ..... I can always change the channel.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's in one of her cheat sheets:

I have never put my face under the shower. Never. It’s too hot for your face (well my choice of water temperature certainly is). You also have all the surfactants from your shampoo running all over your face.

Clearly my way of showering varies wildly from hers. I don't use water that's too hot for my face AND I manage not to have all the "surfectants" from my shampoo running all over my face. And even if I DID I wouldn't mind.

Blue Cocoon smells amazing. But the price tag in bonkers and it wasn't ~miraculous~ in any way.
I get a shower when I get home specifically because I hate washing my face over the sink and getting dribbles under my top!

Reactions: 1
No doubt she’ll be adding Author to her credentials alongside Aesthetician .

The ego will be super swollen tonight.

She assumes everyone washes their hair everyday then?

I think she has good skin and decent perk for a 50 year old woman. That was what appealed to me - no surgically stretched face, someone who is tired, had a sleeplessness night, lives in dense car pollution, hormonal - whatever - how you could be all those things or some of things and bring out the best in what you've got. In her Instagram stories today I think her eybags look very dark - perhaps she was excited about her book announcement and didn't sleep well. This tit is fine with me - I would like to know about injectables and also be shouted at about other things a bit less but ..... I can always change the channel.
It’s hard to tell as videos are heavily filtered and on her most recent one despite all of her affected gesticulating and face gymnastics we have to put up with, her forehead hardly moves. Going the way of SH I fear.

Reactions: 2
It’s hard to tell as videos are heavily filtered and on her most recent one despite all of her affected gesticulating and face gymnastics we have to put up with, her forehead hardly moves. Going the way of SH I fear.
It certainly moved more back in 2016:

The hair colour was better then - it is now essence of straw
She’s said that she preferred the darker look but has gone much blonder because it is easier to manage with grey roots. Basically, she can go longer between root touch ups because the grey roots blend in more with the paler lengths (can relate). Whereas, I seem to recall her saying that she was going to the hairdresser every couple of weeks(!) for root touch ups at one point when it was darker.

But yes, I agree that condition is shot and I really dislike the ‘half and half’ look she has going on at the moment, dark on the bottom later and bleached blonde on the top. Given that she is probably having luxury colouring done for free (#gifted #presstreatment), it is a tacky mess and I agree with the previous poster who mentioned all of the modern bond repair technology. Her hair should be in much better condition than it is.

Reactions: 4
She looked so much better then. Her hair looks absolutely awful. I used to love her vlogs now it’s all flogging products
I agree. The colour doesn't suit her complexion. I thought she looked "normal " (in a good way!) back then. And don't get me started on the lashes.

I think she has developed an allergy to hair dye, that’s why she’s gone blonder.

Correct me if I’m wrong , happy to be told otherwise.

Was it CH who did a video recently (it may have been a year ago) with that woman from DE? They were in her kitchen in the USA, a HUGE gorgeous barn conversion. CH was crawling up her arse. Basically a big advertorial circle-jerk on both sides. It all seemed to flip very suddenly and viciously, eh? #ChillYerTitsItsOnlyFacecream

What actually happened with it all? One minute DE was the best thing since sliced bread, then she was furious about something. I’ve seen talk of bullying and some guy from DE’s social media but I don’t know what the actual issue was/is and whether it was anything more than a storm in a teacup.

What actually happened with it all? One minute DE was the best thing since sliced bread, then she was furious about something. I’ve seen talk of bullying and some guy from DE’s social media but I don’t know what the actual issue was/is and whether it was anything more than a storm in a teacup.
have a read up thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.